Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 20 Feb 2007, 02:05 (Ref:1846008)   #1
Obi Offiah
Rookie

Obi Offiah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda RC212V looks

Oh Dear. I've just seen pictures of Honda's RC212V 800cc MotoGP bike What a shame, what a real pity. From what was in my opinion the best looking and most beautiful bike for the last few years to this: http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7...800gphonda.jpg and this http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7...1600/800-h.jpg . That bike is so ugly it hurts, if it had a mother she'd look at it and just say NO!!!. The bike doesn't quite look finished, its as if they ran out of materials and ideas when they got to the tail and just thought 'hmmm sod it'.

Ok so perhaps I'am over-exaggerating.....a little , but aesthetically, to me its a step back from the 2006 bike.

Maybe it will grow on me as the season progresses, fingers crossed .

What do all think?

BTW I wonder how the other bikes turned out? I'll have to check them out.

Obi

Last edited by Obi Offiah; 20 Feb 2007 at 02:14.
Old 20 Feb 2007, 04:19 (Ref:1846065)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, it doesn't look so great. The large rear hugger ruins it for me. That is only magnified with the short tail. In fact, the tail is so small they have to put the numbers on the hugger. Oh well.

Most of the new bikes can be found here:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image...est-jan/bikes/

Discussion can be found here:

Old 20 Feb 2007, 16:48 (Ref:1846551)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is bloody horrible I must say.
Old 20 Feb 2007, 17:18 (Ref:1846586)   #4
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm only a part-time viewer but I honestly can't see what you're talking about. It's orange, white and red. Looks the same to me!
Old 20 Feb 2007, 18:22 (Ref:1846634)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Amused

The bike is very, very Honda!

They ahve always done something different, if not with engine formats, then with style.

I think the only bike they didnt really do this with was the RC51, but I think that had side radiators or summat?

Think of single swingarm on RS30/45 first 4 with fuel injection, linked brakes, triple two stroke, single crank 500, 5 cylinder GP bike, reed and then disc valve 250 2 stroke.

They use a boring V4 so they have to be different by dressing it in awful bodywork! From a geeks point of view its fantastoc watching it evolve as it already has with differing exhausts and stuff!
Old 20 Feb 2007, 18:43 (Ref:1846655)   #6
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Compared to Honda, the KR looks like it is from the active days of Kenny Roberts Senior.
Old 20 Feb 2007, 18:45 (Ref:1846657)   #7
Obi Offiah
Rookie

Obi Offiah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Yeah, it doesn't look so great. The large rear hugger ruins it for me. That is only magnified with the short tail. In fact, the tail is so small they have to put the numbers on the hugger. Oh well.

Most of the new bikes can be found here:

Thanks for the link jhansen.

Your right about the hugger. Another minor problem with it is that we won't be able to is the rear tyre camera to check tyre wear/wear bands.

BTW could you repost the link for the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
I'm only a part-time viewer but I honestly can't see what you're talking about. It's orange, white and red. Looks the same to me!
The 06 and 07 bike do look very similar, with the exception of the rear hugger and the tail, but those two items cause a dramatic change visually. I'll see if I can find a profile shot of the 06 bike to compare against.

Obi