Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 24 Jul 2007, 19:17 (Ref:1972394)   #26
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
I was thinking that next year Haga would canter to the title.

Then I remembered the new Ducati regs.
Exactly! Its one of those things where you feel, it has to be now. I have nothing against JT, I'm a fan of his controlled aggression and riding style but he has years left in him and I don't think even James would complain too much if Nori won the title. Having said all this, Nori and Yamaha will probably dominate the 08 season while Ducati sorts out their new bike. Anyway, moving on.

I think the occasional subtle Lanzi bashing which goes on during race commentaries is a bit harsh, he is no Bayliss (how many people are!) but I think he is decent rider and his results are perhaps what other competent riders would achieve on the Ducati. My two cents.
Old 24 Jul 2007, 19:56 (Ref:1972438)   #27
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa
I think the occasional subtle Lanzi bashing which goes on during race commentaries is a bit harsh, he is no Bayliss (how many people are!) but I think he is decent rider and his results are perhaps what other competent riders would achieve on the Ducati. My two cents.
I can respect that point of view and I have no qualm with Lanzi. However, I'd just like to see the best riders on the best bikes. There is talent out there and it bugs me to see someone like Rolfo on a bike like the Ten Kate Honda. Lanzi does a fair job, but others could do better me thinks.
Old 24 Jul 2007, 20:14 (Ref:1972460)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Didn't Lanzi take pole at his first WSBK event for Ducati (Lausitz?). And then promptly went up the escape road and round the oval section in the race I recall!

Yes, there are some truly pants number twos out there this year. Lanzi, Rolfo etc... can have their days (or should that be day?) but their teammates are really fighting out on their own. Which is hardly ideal.

Mind you, look at Corser compared to Haga too.
Old 24 Jul 2007, 23:07 (Ref:1972593)   #29
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whoa there Corser has been outrageouslt unlucky so far on the second Yam this year, the bike has broken down at least three times as far as I can remember. And one pace he can hack it, what he cant do is ride quick when the front tyre gives up, he wont risk it!!

As for Lanzi, the guy is a total waste of a decent bike in my view, yes he is quick but only seemingly on certain tracks and that is no good on a factoiry bike, if Tardozzi wasnt his personal manager then he wouldnt even be there this year, Hodgson would or someone better.

Rolfo I really dont understand, superb on a 250, great on Dantin Duke then up and down on a decent Blade, he's quick but nowhere near James, now that bodes well for JT me thinks!!

How much do i not rate Muggeridge by the way, complete and utter waste of any superbike, put him on a SS bike and fine but total waste of space on a superbike and always has been.
Old 24 Jul 2007, 23:24 (Ref:1972611)   #30
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wait...

*wipes eyes*

Is Chunder defending an Aussie? Oh god...the fabric of the universe is collapsing!
Old 25 Jul 2007, 00:36 (Ref:1972646)   #31
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is Chunder defending an Aussie? Oh god...the fabric of the universe is collapsing!
Yes, but he brought down another one to maintain the equilibrium.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 07:01 (Ref:1972751)   #32
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa
I was really looking forward to Haga closing in on JT in the championship, I feel this year may well be Nori's best and last chance at grabbing a title but the Yamaha tyre issues cropped up again and a great opportunity for a double went begging. Closing down a very consistent JT is now looking somewhat unlikey barring some appalling luck which he doesn't deserve.
It aint over yet. Next race is at Brands Hatch. Haga ALWAYS goes well there, so does Bayliss. Toseland on the other hand has never won there in WSBK (maybe it's the pressure). So lets wait until after the next round.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 10:40 (Ref:1972953)   #33
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Troy is an honorary Brit for me as he doesnt come across as an Aussie in his interviews and such, maybe its because he is married to a Brit!!

And even you guys surely cant have anything good to say about Muggeridge, surely one of the most underperforming riders in any series in the last few years!!
Old 25 Jul 2007, 10:58 (Ref:1972972)   #34
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
I don't agree with you, but Muggeridge has had the curse of riding the 2nd Ten Kate bike the last 2 years (like Rolfo this year). This year he's been dissapointing. Brookes left a better impression.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 12:05 (Ref:1973027)   #35
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
EDIT: sorry, thats meant to say: 'I dont disagree with you'!

for me...

Have to stay of the mushrooms I guess...
Old 25 Jul 2007, 13:05 (Ref:1973061)   #36
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually I agree with you too. Muggas has never really gelled with the superbike. He was great on the supersport and maybe should take a step down and see if he can get some results there again.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 19:59 (Ref:1973353)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Corser as a force is finished IMO. He just does not put it on the line. He appears to just ride round in circles for no apparent reason.
Old 26 Jul 2007, 06:45 (Ref:1973612)   #38
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Quote:
He appears to just ride round in circles for no apparent reason.
But that is what they do on closed road racing tracks...

Old 26 Jul 2007, 19:39 (Ref:1974328)   #39
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes but you are supposed to do it quickly!
Old 26 Jul 2007, 20:58 (Ref:1974376)   #40
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes but you are supposed to do it quickly!
Well, he does do quite well at Superpole...
Old 27 Jul 2007, 15:51 (Ref:1974815)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

He is the superpole master. Certainly was for a long time anyways.