Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 6 Mar 2003, 23:31 (Ref:527132)   #1
MolsonBoy
Racer

MolsonBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photography & Photoshop

How many people are using Photoshop? I have been using it since 1998 with my racing images. I have for the past 4 years created a print to sell to raise money for charity (the Greg Moore Foundation). How many people are creating artwork? I would like to hear your thoughts about creating motorsports are using programs like photoshop.

The image below is one I am working for this years charity project.
Attached Thumbnails
miv2003.jpg.jpg  

Last edited by MolsonBoy; 6 Mar 2003 at 23:32.
Old 6 Mar 2003, 23:39 (Ref:527139)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i use photoshop elements (too tight to get the full version) to make pictures i've taken into desktop pictures etc. i mostly use brushes to edit, and tend not to do anything except play around. i prefer my pictures unadulterated as such.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 14:29 (Ref:527790)   #3
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Photoshop is a great programme. I've been using it for years - the new version 7.0 is brilliant.
Virtually every magazine, newspaper or brochure you see is put together with Adobe Photoshop and it's sister programme Adobe Illustrator with the layout done in Quark Express. Best results are on a Mac, more graphics friendly than a PC - Photoshop was built for it.
Trouble is, there are so many features and elements in photoshop and many different ways of acheiving the same result, you have to use it day in day out to learn them all.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 15:43 (Ref:527873)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got ahold of a copy...so I'm learning. So far I've just use the basic photo retouching to make images look clearer or more blury. Maybe I'll be able to do something useful with it by the summer....like make incriminating photes .
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 7 Mar 2003, 17:40 (Ref:527950)   #5
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I use photoshop 6, mainly to clean up poor scans. But as photographer with darkroom skills, I treat the software as an extention of the darkroom to alter certain aspects of the oringinal ie. brightness, contrast, cropping, color balance.

Kelvin.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 20:24 (Ref:528076)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i guess i'm wierd and a perfectionist - i bin a shot if it's not perfect straight away. colour has to be good when it comes off my microdrive or it's not worth bothering with. can't be doing with changing and cropping every damn shot...