Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

View Poll Results: Which cars max 3.5litres
Sportscars 1968 - 1985 0 0%
Sportscars Up to 1985 0 0%
GT 1968 - 1985 0 0%
GT Up to 1985 0 0%
Saloons 1968 - 1985 0 0%
Saloons Up to 1985 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Aug 2010, 18:27 (Ref:2743669)   #1026
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Terry, you can take it tomorrow! We finished all the repairs months ago.

?????????????????? I must have been having a telephone conversation with someone else Peter.
Mike,you dont really want to disturb that poor chap who lives four miles away from the circuit,besides,he has to pay for his own phone calls when he rings to complain.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2743677)   #1027
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Mike,you dont really want to disturb that poor chap who lives four miles away from the circuit,besides,he has to pay for his own phone calls when he rings to complain.
I seriously don't think anything I have is capable of running at that low a limit- even track days at Snett are higher than that!

Oh well, I'll fit the second silencer and we'll give it a try..........
Old 12 Aug 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2743679)   #1028
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nope, cos I just told him you can fit your new head yourself as it wasn't originally on the list.

I'll bring it instead of the Capri. Ok?
Old 12 Aug 2010, 18:41 (Ref:2743680)   #1029
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Hmmm if Mike was first then I might lay claim to be second :-) I've always liked longer races and this was from the outset far too good an opportunity to be missed. The car will not be competitive but I'm confident of its staying power, so if tortoise and hare has any grain of truth... well we'll have lots of fun trying.
PS - can I be first to put myself down as a definite for next year (given health and longevity).
Old 12 Aug 2010, 18:51 (Ref:2743684)   #1030
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Just a point after reading finals- is the noise limit really 95db or is that a typo? (hopefully........)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
No that's the limit
How has it been set so low, that's way below MSA race limits?
Old 12 Aug 2010, 19:24 (Ref:2743705)   #1031
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
At 95db it will be a very small grid going out for practice..........

MSA figure is surely 105db?
Old 12 Aug 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2743771)   #1032
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Nope, cos I just told him you can fit your new head yourself as it wasn't originally on the list.

I'll bring it instead of the Capri. Ok?

Err,who removed the head that was on it originally?
Old 13 Aug 2010, 07:42 (Ref:2743936)   #1033
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
can I be first to put myself down as a definite for next year (given health and longevity).
Dave, if I dont prang/brake the car this year, can I be your first team mate for next year?
Old 13 Aug 2010, 07:57 (Ref:2743940)   #1034
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So many "ifs" PP.......we'll all be up for it on the same basis.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 08:09 (Ref:2743944)   #1035
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
How has it been set so low, that's way below MSA race limits?
Sorry guys but that's set by the circuit, which overides the MSA rules and it's s been there since the regulations were first published!

We'll all have to start getting used to these restrictions. The number of 'noisey' days that circuits can use is being cut and cut and cut.
The 'tree huggers' rule the world!
Old 14 Aug 2010, 02:18 (Ref:2744414)   #1036
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Well what can one say
3 mentions in Autosport, one in Motorsports news, two mentions in AROC mag, two radio interviews, hundreds of telephone calls, several hundred e mails, 1035 posts, 69 pages of thread, some year and two months since Podd37 said (rather like Michael Caine) “ ’old on lads….ive got an idea!” or precisely “OK, this is just a germ of an idea” and here we are, I cant sleep if Im honest, so thought id get this out of the way now.

We’ve officially closed entry for this race, though if im honest I may be able to be bought if someone was to suddenly turn up tomorrow as a very late entry lol…one does hope.

The entry is not what we hoped, i'm not going to comment on that at the moment, we will issue a statement on Monday. what I will say is that despite the depleted grid, despite several negatives in the way and in particular in the last week and despite the costs to us personally we've still managed to put it on, we kept our word, we made it happen and so i dont mind saying it...Im very proud to have been a part of this and I will continue to be a part of this because, as will become apparent over the next few days, this event, despite its pour entry for its first showing will definitely run for at least three years.

If you are going tomorrow I will see you there, if not, enjoy whatever you do and once again, the last time I will say it on here before the actual event, thank you to all who have been supportive. if im honest my PM box is stuffed with well wishes and that does mean so much to all of us at 360. Thank you

Chairman Claire (or is that Chairman meow!)
Old 14 Aug 2010, 09:25 (Ref:2744470)   #1037
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Best of luck to all involved especially John & Claire for tomorrow. Daniel & I would really have loved to do this event, but you can't have everything.
I will be helping Ian Conway as a spare pair of hands in the pits - if anyone else needs a hand just give me a shout.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 13:29 (Ref:2744517)   #1038
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like echo Cliff's comments and congratulate John and Claire and the rest of the 360MC team for all their efforts to make this event come alive.

As with all new events it takes a great deal of blood, sweat and toil (seems more appropriate!) to pull everything together in such a relatively short time with so many factors to consider and organise. This event (as many before) will grow continuously over the next few years as more and more people become aware of it and I'm sure it will become an important part of the UK motorsport calendar.

I will there (in some role -not quite sure what as yet?) along with many of the regular Snet marshalling team and willing the event on.

Good luck for a Super Sunday to everyone involved & looking forward to next year's 6hr!!

Terry
Old 14 Aug 2010, 14:21 (Ref:2744531)   #1039
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
we'll be firing up the bar b in a while. Garage 6.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 14:21 (Ref:2744532)   #1040
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
As one of the main protagonists and eggers-onners, I'm really looking forward to it now. We nearly didn't make it, last-minute hitch with the car, took 3 days to fix it, just leaving for Snett now...
Old 14 Aug 2010, 14:34 (Ref:2744535)   #1041
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Well done Claire, John and everyone else who's had input into this race, good luck with it and I'll see you all tomorrow.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 17:00 (Ref:2744565)   #1042
BILTEL
Racer

England
Brackley, centre of the Earth
BILTEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well done Claire, John and everyone else who's had input into this race, good luck with it and I'll see you all tomorrow.
Copy that!!

So, so sorry my car wasn't ready. I'll apologise personally tomorrow.

Best of luck to all involved in organising and competing.
ex Starion #20
Now building BMW 535i
for the 360, CTCRC Pre 93's
Old 14 Aug 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2744578)   #1043
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well done Claire, John and everyone else who's had input into this race, good luck with it.
Copy that from this quarter as well. I really hope it all goes well.
This is an event I would also love to do, but none of my cars are suitable and with the financial constraints that are upon us and other programs/purchases being made, I could not get a suitable car in time. Perhaps next year.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 22:38 (Ref:2744643)   #1044
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, survived my kart race and am now ensconced in Snett paddock for the night. Looking forward to tomorrow :-)
Old 15 Aug 2010, 00:11 (Ref:2744654)   #1045
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
I would be lying if I were to say that my eyes are not slightly watering....may be the bacardi....but I doubt it , I only had one.

On behalf of all at 360 and John and I, thank you all....enjoy the day, we will and then we start planning 360 2011!!!

Thanks again....ive gotta be up in five hours!!!

Claire and John and all at 360
Old 15 Aug 2010, 13:08 (Ref:2744774)   #1046
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
OK Two hours in and I thought Id give you an update

Mike Bell is having brake problems and is currently in the pits and has been for half an hour

Car 41 which is the Mark 1 Jag is currently in the lead, on lap 78 with the toyota corolla of Eleiko Motorsport second, with Mallet Racing in third two laps behind the leader.

theres been some exciting racing if Im honest and the demo with the 917 was great.

14 laps seperate the whole field apart from Mike Bell.

Ta
C
Old 15 Aug 2010, 14:04 (Ref:2744782)   #1047
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Mike Sheraton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any idea on how i can listen to the radio le mans coverage?
Old 15 Aug 2010, 14:52 (Ref:2744791)   #1048
restyles
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bridgham, Norfolk.
restyles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few pics from earlier

The Porsche looked great

Click image for larger version

Name:	0C5I0038-copy.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	653.3 KB
ID:	28815

Getting ready for the rolling start

Name:	0C5I0040-copy.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	725.3 KB
ID:	28816

The rolling start

Name:	0C5I0053-copy.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	652.9 KB
ID:	28817

This can and should be a great event in the future. Well done Claire and the 360MC.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 14:55 (Ref:2744793)   #1049
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
how many cars started the race?
Old 15 Aug 2010, 15:20 (Ref:2744801)   #1050
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Well what can one say
3 mentions in Autosport, one in Motorsports news, two mentions in AROC mag, two radio interviews, hundreds of telephone calls, several hundred e mails, 1035 posts, 69 pages of thread, some year and two months since Podd37 said (rather like Michael Caine) “ ’old on lads….ive got an idea!” or precisely “OK, this is just a germ of an idea” and here we are, I cant sleep if Im honest, so thought id get this out of the way now.

We’ve officially closed entry for this race, though if im honest I may be able to be bought if someone was to suddenly turn up tomorrow as a very late entry lol…one does hope.

The entry is not what we hoped, i'm not going to comment on that at the moment, we will issue a statement on Monday. what I will say is that despite the depleted grid, despite several negatives in the way and in particular in the last week and despite the costs to us personally we've still managed to put it on, we kept our word, we made it happen and so i dont mind saying it...Im very proud to have been a part of this and I will continue to be a part of this because, as will become apparent over the next few days, this event, despite its pour entry for its first showing will definitely run for at least three years.

If you are going tomorrow I will see you there, if not, enjoy whatever you do and once again, the last time I will say it on here before the actual event, thank you to all who have been supportive. if im honest my PM box is stuffed with well wishes and that does mean so much to all of us at 360. Thank you

Chairman Claire (or is that Chairman meow!)

Well done Claire, As i said before we would of entered gladly, though circumstances out of our hands prevented us from racing, which is a great shame, and I think now the event has taken place, it will bring on alot more entries for next year.

Tags
alternative 6hrs, classic cars, cscc, ctcrc, mgcc bcv8