Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 21 Dec 2010, 22:57 (Ref:2807176)   #2926
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Gordon you have great Photoshop skills thats great!
Old 22 Dec 2010, 02:21 (Ref:2807206)   #2927
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, last night's flight left on time but tonight's is cancelled. Still showing Thursday as "scheduled". Gordon, I sympathise.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 02:51 (Ref:2807211)   #2928
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Well, last night's flight left on time but tonight's is cancelled. Still showing Thursday as "scheduled". Gordon, I sympathise.
It might have left Peter - but where did it land?

FWIW East Midlands is open - nothing much weatherwise around here except low temps. There was some very noisy stuff taking off earlier this evening. No idea what though since it was heading east. I would guess military.

If they had the operational capacity to take laden Jumbos they could be making a fortune in landing fees.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 08:39 (Ref:2807248)   #2929
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
just a bit wet here, off to collect a TT with a spangly new roll cage fabricated/fitted in a mo.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 08:53 (Ref:2807258)   #2930
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
It might have left Peter - but where did it land?
LHR where it was headed. I expect things there will be relatively back to normal by tomorrow. I find the whole thing embarrassing and can only conclude that the Spanish owners of BAA have no clue about public opinion, good publicity or indeed profits. They skimped on the purchase of bad weather equipment, but forgot the massive loss of income five days of severe disruption will cause them.

Then to put people in tents without any form of heating (as I understand it) is barbaric.

I'd sack the bloody lot of them.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 09:30 (Ref:2807266)   #2931
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Or take the company off them (can we do that, be great wouldnt it, utility companies next! Then banks and no compensation either).
Old 22 Dec 2010, 09:41 (Ref:2807268)   #2932
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Al,

The banks should have been left to fail, they weren't but let's not keep on blaming them for the previous government's failure. The fact they they are working means the country is making money. WTF cares if they get bonuses? I don't.

The utilities seem to be doing ok.

But BAA has Spanish ownership and they really don't care what happens.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 10:09 (Ref:2807274)   #2933
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yeh let em fail with my nest egg in them! Mind you I owed them more than they owed me so maybe would worked out OK.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 10:43 (Ref:2807286)   #2934
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wrote too soon lst night. About 3 inches of snow so far today and although planes were active at EMA earlier is seems to have gone quiet. They may just be taking off the other way with noises masked by the snow.

The mostly foreign owned utilities are doing OK IF you see large price increases to pay (apparently) for future Climate Change mitigation measures as a positive thing. Many of them have timed the increases to perfection - just before the cold weather hit. I assume those that didn't increase have been relying in the Met Office for medium term weather opinions.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 14:04 (Ref:2807386)   #2935
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
The utilities are doing very well

extremely well if our contributions are anything to go by!
Old 23 Dec 2010, 15:17 (Ref:2807768)   #2936
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Compte just been over and taken me out for my Chrizzie lunch.When we got back i showed him his lovely Volpini.Good job i showed him the car after lunch
.Click image for larger version

Name:	Volpini chassis 001.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	463.3 KB
ID:	30567
Old 23 Dec 2010, 15:43 (Ref:2807778)   #2937
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Are youo going to get it chromed and run it with clear lexan panelling?

then you can get Gordon to drive it . . . . in the buff!
Old 23 Dec 2010, 17:00 (Ref:2807799)   #2938
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh dear, spare us the idea!
Old 23 Dec 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2807808)   #2939
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well, my flight was late leaving LHR this morning and will thus get here later than scheduled. However they are anticipating making up the time so I should be stacking over Heathrow at around 06:15 tomorrow.

If not I'll just have to make them pour more champagne.
Old 23 Dec 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2807899)   #2940
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Good luck Peter and welcome home
Old 23 Dec 2010, 21:06 (Ref:2807917)   #2941
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Well here we go again,i probally said this last year and the year before but i blooming hate Christmas.Have to drive hundreds of miles to visit Mrs Delta sisters all three of them all bossy telling waht i can and cant do. None of them approve of my job they all think im on a jolly all the time. Then i get blooming bored hanging around nuffink to do ,then its open all the naff presents trying to sound pleased with a load of naff socks and pants. Pants yep thats it Christmas who needs it.I tell you what its a good job Mrs Delta does not come on 10/10ths. Id get linched.
Old 23 Dec 2010, 21:08 (Ref:2807918)   #2942
Mrs Delta
Rookie

Mrs Delta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello dear.
Old 23 Dec 2010, 21:32 (Ref:2807930)   #2943
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Hehe.

It does occur to me that the Ace Cafe gig might be moved to 25th Dec. one year and would probably get a strong turnout.

I take it the Volpini will be in 'Monte Carlo' style (a la Stirling Moss Lotus) for next year as a weight saving exercise? Or is it really a nod to the design of the Ariel Atom?

Old 23 Dec 2010, 21:41 (Ref:2807936)   #2944
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Delta View Post
Hello dear.
Is it time for lighter side no 3????????
Old 23 Dec 2010, 22:12 (Ref:2807946)   #2945
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by esper View Post
Is it time for lighter side no 3????????
More likely the Darker Side I woudl say.

Or perhaps even 'From the Other Side ....' ?
Old 24 Dec 2010, 05:40 (Ref:2808027)   #2946
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
None of them approve of my job they all think im on a jolly all the time.
What????? Surely not.......

For me one day visiting tomorrow then back in workshop sunday!

How about next year's thread title 'The Far Side' then we can post some Gary Larson cartoons.........

Old 24 Dec 2010, 07:18 (Ref:2808038)   #2947
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hello dear.

Welcome to tenths Mrs D,Iain share's my thoughts of christmas,just a glitch on the calander.
Old 24 Dec 2010, 07:33 (Ref:2808040)   #2948
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Anyone know if Gordon got too Spain.Looking foward to his Christmas picture.
Old 24 Dec 2010, 08:09 (Ref:2808046)   #2949
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like Christmas, Iain. All the giving of presents gives me a nice warm feeling inside...

......and in my bank balance, it's a long closed season otherwise and people looking for something fun to do on their enforced break keeps me busy next week too.

Bring it on! You should make it Nomex socks and pants for next year
Old 24 Dec 2010, 08:36 (Ref:2808050)   #2950
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hello dear.

Good to see Iain for Christmas lunch. I had no idea how much went into a top to tail rebuild. What a fantastic job. Flights now back on to my part of France so I am off.

Have a very Happy Christmas - including all you grumpy blokes who cannot see the point. It gives me a lovely warm feeling inside when the children come home - but then I am over 60 and getting quite emotional in my dotage.