Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 25 Dec 2010, 18:52 (Ref:2808411)   #2976
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have a Jack Russell, and a super wee dog it is, except that it pee's over everything and everyone. It would be in the house except for that. Instead it is staying in the garage with the cats. Oh yes, it completely screwed up a male kitten by raping it. And now has it as its b*t*h. No joke.
Pleasant or what!
Old 25 Dec 2010, 18:58 (Ref:2808415)   #2977
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
My wife isn't too well today so I went with her to the stables to give her a hand. We took the two Jacks with us and When we got there I took them for a walk while she put the horses out.
One of them disappeared into the woods and was gone quite a while, I then heard him barking from the farm next door and then a few shotgun rounds going off. I started to get worried but he eventually came back although he did have quite a lot of blood on him.
Luckily it seems to be from a cut on the inside of his ear so he may have had a scrap with the neighbours dog.
Could be anything I suppose, a badger in a set, a fox, a dog as you suggested. How mucky was he? If he was down a hole he will be quite mucky.
Old 25 Dec 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2808416)   #2978
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yep a couple of years back i was up the park with Max and an met an old neighbour who i had not seen for many years. Max decided to pee up the back of her summer frock.Very embarrassing
Old 26 Dec 2010, 06:15 (Ref:2808501)   #2979
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
My pest pal ever departed nearly two years ago at the grand old age (for a working Lab) of 16. And there is still not a day when I don't miss him.

But have lots of happy memories of the fun we had together, and this is the lighter side, so the question is- did anyone get anything motorsport related for Christmas?

Think I am very lucky as got some motorsport dvds to watch including 'A Gentlemans Racing Diary'- all archive film from the 50s taken originally by John Tate on 8mm & 16mm. Looking forward to watching them. Also a special book, the official Tour Britannia 2010 'coffee table' edition with lots of fantastic pics. Something to treasure. And of course lots of stuff packed with calories but a few days working in the cold will burn most of them off........

Boxing Day sales or workshop today? Difficult one.........

Oh, and North Norfolk had fresh snow yesterday morning, so for us it was a proper 'White Christmas'!
Old 26 Dec 2010, 09:22 (Ref:2808524)   #2980
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
The Terrine was delicious, the fillet of beef divine, the langoustines where luscious, the claret was better than my white, which is suprisingly palateable, if a little young.
Old 26 Dec 2010, 11:00 (Ref:2808541)   #2981
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>>>>> did anyone get anything motorsport related for Christmas?

Pair of Tuf jugs plus a set of bonnet pins and a T-cable for the 924. Exactly what I wanted

My birthday next Saturday, hoping for more race car specific bits.....
Old 26 Dec 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2808547)   #2982
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Mrs Delta bought me a new open face crash hat which is brilliant.Just been on a bike ride along the Cromford canal. Did not see a soul until i fell off on some ice.There i am lying in a pool of blood, OK I'm exaggerating and then the whole world and his dog turn up. Very embarrassing.Its a very interesting place with an old pumping station that volunteers still operate.Have to say the locals are very friendly not like us miserable southerners..Me and Miss Delta are escaping over the barb wire tonight and heading home.
Old 26 Dec 2010, 11:31 (Ref:2808549)   #2983
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
The Terrine was delicious, the fillet of beef divine, the langoustines where luscious, the claret was better than my white, which is suprisingly palateable, if a little young.
Hope you did not have to move the Lambretta outside to accommodate everyone Joe
Old 26 Dec 2010, 11:35 (Ref:2808550)   #2984
SAMD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Have to say the locals are very friendly not like us miserable southerners..
Dont worry Iain, I reckon you make up for a lot of the miserable southerners. In fact you are the very epitome of the friendly southerner. And I am from Ireland! (Northern)
Old 26 Dec 2010, 11:44 (Ref:2808555)   #2985
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Delta bought me a calendar with a picture of the Volpini overtaking thru' Eau Rouge in the rain at Spa. Brilliant picture but I am to kill Ashley-Brown for driving like that!

Iain, many thanks for the present and a Happy New Year.
Old 26 Dec 2010, 11:46 (Ref:2808556)   #2986
SAMD
Veteran

Yu'no, its funny the things you remember, I remember a prank that was played on a local garage when I was a kid. Some friends were changing the engine in an anglia, with the engine removed the car was towed along the main road towards the garage/petrol station. As it reached about 30mph the rope was released/broke w.h.y. the car was then steered into the slip road and rolled up to halt beside the pumps. Some petrol was asked for and the oil checked! You can imagine the result.
Old 26 Dec 2010, 11:48 (Ref:2808557)   #2987
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Hope you did not have to move the Lambretta outside to accommodate everyone Joe
Of course not, we didn't invite anyone round!!!

We walked down to visit some friends near the Church, very old house with a massive cellar, converted with remnants of one of the towns older pubs, snooker table, darts, even got the shove halfpenny board! oh, and he has a barrel of Darks stars Hophead pale ale on the go

One of the reasons I cooked everything in the morning and we had a large Buffet style meal . . . didn't even get on to the cheese until the cricket started.

I might also add we spent 3 1/2 hours building lego yesterday . . and so far 2 hours on meccano this morning.

Last edited by zefarelly; 26 Dec 2010 at 11:54.
Old 26 Dec 2010, 12:08 (Ref:2808563)   #2988
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Mrs Delta bought me a new open face crash hat which is brilliant.Just been on a bike ride along the Cromford canal. Did not see a soul until i fell off on some ice.There i am lying in a pool of blood, OK I'm exaggerating and then the whole world and his dog turn up. Very embarrassing
Are you sure you should be mountain biking- remember what happened to Mark Webber!!! Hope you weren't wearing the new lid at the time.......

Well done Max- keep it all relevant. Good luck for your birthday.

Old 26 Dec 2010, 12:23 (Ref:2808566)   #2989
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
.... bike ride along the Cromford canal.
Have you ever visted the Tram Museum at Cromford? I must confess I haven't but I am told it is rather good.

God luck with the escape plan!
Old 26 Dec 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2808569)   #2990
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Sitting in the car park outside of the hotel down the road at the moment hooked up to their wifi as I manged to break the code.
Unfortunatly this cheapo netbook is very slow to use and has a p**s poor battery life especially as I had 40 emails to answer !
The other half got a bit out of order last night and is "resting" on the patio in 23 deg at the moment, so feel sorry for us you guys.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Dec 2010, 13:56 (Ref:2808571)   #2991
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I'm planing escape plan with Miss Delta as she wants to go out tonight and see her mates. I just want to get home to watch match of the day.I was hoping the weather might get bad and then i can use that excuse to escape a bit earlier. The down side to the escape plan is that Mrs Delta says i have to sort Norman the horse out tomorrow.That's no hardship and i am so looking forward to getting back out into the workshop. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee.BTW dear Compte its a brilliant picture of the Volpini at the top of Eue Rouge very happy you like it.
Old 26 Dec 2010, 16:57 (Ref:2808596)   #2992
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Mmm, winter sun.........

I have forgotten the last line to this carol- HELP!

We three Kings of Orient are
One in a taxi, one in a car
One on a scooter, blowing his hooter
??????????????????????

...And on of them smoking a big cigar
Old 26 Dec 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2808597)   #2993
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm planing escape plan with Miss Delta as she wants to go out tonight and see her mates. I just want to get home to watch match of the day.I was hoping the weather might get bad and then i can use that excuse to escape a bit earlier. The down side to the escape plan is that Mrs Delta says i have to sort Norman the horse out tomorrow.That's no hardship and i am so looking forward to getting back out into the workshop. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee.BTW dear Compte its a brilliant picture of the Volpini at the top of Eue Rouge very happy you like it.

Hope you made it over the barbed wire and to a home run ian - sorry to hear about Max, ours is 18 month old lab/collie cross and not very bright - do you a swap?

Hope you did not damage your new open face bonce after your mtb crash
Old 26 Dec 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2808601)   #2994
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Plan is to go out the front door.Brother in Law who is on my side going to set up a distraction then me and Daughter slip out when now one is watching. What a great plan.
Old 26 Dec 2010, 17:34 (Ref:2808602)   #2995
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Plan is to go out the front door.Brother in Law who is on my side going to set up a distraction then me and Daughter slip out when now one is watching. What a great plan.

Pity Steve McQueen isn't on telly to inspire you

Thanks Nick- 'Smoking a big cigar' is last line- now I remember.....
Old 26 Dec 2010, 17:36 (Ref:2808603)   #2996
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Can BiL keep the distraction going for a few hours ? Preferably with some form of 'memory loss' feature at the end so that it can be claimed that, though they may not recall it, your departure had the full agreement of all concerned.
Old 27 Dec 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2808751)   #2997
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
As we have a couple of friends staying for a few days we decided to go out for an early meal and a couple of drinks last night, but you know how things happen and finished up at an Irish bar and got to bed at about 2ish !
As I type this in sitting in the car I notice its only 20deg today and the hotel manager keeps looking out suspiciously at me wondering WTF I'm doing in his car park ! (I must get into another wifi for nothing) Any tips you guys ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Dec 2010, 12:58 (Ref:2808761)   #2998
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
My Christmas Prezzie was a History of Formula 1 book - not had time to read much of it yet but delighted, as an Alfa nut, to discover (which I should have known before) that whilst the first F1 World Championship was held in 1950 - the year I was born - all eleven races were won by Alfa Romeo........

I always knew there was a reason why motorsport and Alfa in particular was hard-wired into my soul
Old 27 Dec 2010, 13:40 (Ref:2808769)   #2999
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Nice present Lanky.I had better try on the new lid Mrs Delta bought me.Gordon you dont think Manager is wondering WOE does that chap not come in to the Hotel and use WiFi.
Old 27 Dec 2010, 14:40 (Ref:2808782)   #3000
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
JUst finished building a Meccano helicopter with Arthur, about 5 hours!
Closed Thread