Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jan 2004, 18:30 (Ref:825855)   #1
mansellmania
Racer

mansellmania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barrichello not worried about michelin

'sigh'

Shoot me but in the Autosport issue 18/25 december page 8 a long article that 'bridgestone teams 'worried' about michelin pace' and autosport website says 'rubens has michelin worries'... it goes the opposite in that article on page 8..: " but ferrari ace rubens barrichello claims there is little reason to panic about the situation." we still dont know how much michelin will improve, but progress last year was impressive.We have to see if they can make similar progress in 2004.We still dont know how much we will improve too-everything is still very open."
Old 2 Jan 2004, 19:10 (Ref:825867)   #2
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and your point or question is?
Old 2 Jan 2004, 19:19 (Ref:825879)   #3
mansellmania
Racer

That one day its bridgestone teams worry about michelin, the next rubens worrys about michelin, then autosport says ferrari ace rubens barichello isnt too worried... could they please make up their mind wich way it is?

Old 2 Jan 2004, 20:25 (Ref:825914)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's a big difference between worry and panic. Worry is what makes you continue to find the limit of performance, knowing that the opposition will still have to beat you. Panic is what makes you try things which are rash, ill-considered and perhaps negative to performance, and making silly mistakes more likely.
Old 2 Jan 2004, 20:37 (Ref:825922)   #5
mansellmania
Racer

But its inserted as an assurance on the story headed as BRIDGESTONE TEAMS 'WORRIED' and that line is started with " BUT ferrari ace.."
so But is the calming word from rubens who states literarly that' everything is still very open'

this does not stroke with the headline as published by autosport.com: rubens worries about michelin.

why isnt this printed article headed by " bridgestone teams AND rubens barrichello 'worried' by michelin'?

It is confusing, to put it mildly
Old 4 Jan 2004, 15:58 (Ref:827420)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well don't read Autosport if it's a problem.

And I should think Ferrari are a touch worried about the Michelins judging by testing times.......
Old 4 Jan 2004, 18:21 (Ref:827527)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suggest that you don't read Autoport or anymore, or at least don't read the articles that dare to speculate something postive about A team other than Ferrari. It is odd how you don't have a problem about other articles!

Oh and next weeks addition is out now too.

Frankly Rubens feels that they shouldn't panic, but does have concerns with aspects of how the competition is progressing. He sounds like he has a decent attitude to it. I see no problem here (well not with the articles).
Old 4 Jan 2004, 18:35 (Ref:827542)   #8
mansellmania
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
I suggest that you don't read Autoport or anymore, or at least don't read the articles that dare to speculate something postive about A team other than Ferrari. It is odd how you don't have a problem about other articles!

I see no problem here (well not with the articles).
Thats not very accurate as i am a big fan of williams as well as an avid jaguar/ renault( benetton ) minardi,jordan and sauber supporter.O i like toyota too!
Old time tyrrell, lotus, brian hart, stewart, prost, etcetera.

I just did not understand how they can print an article and defuse the story with none other than rubens barichello. And a week later the autosport website says:' rubens worried about michelin' while he didnt even mention a single letter about michelins testfrom(where the article was all about'
Autosport translated an article in the gazetta della sport( wich i still cant find back btw ) and invented a story around it is what i suspect.
I found it confusing.
Old 4 Jan 2004, 18:42 (Ref:827550)   #9
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is common for organisations to issue a fresh press release if one of their spokespersons accidentally says something that they ought not have said. Not that I think Rubens' first statement (that there was cause for concern) was any big deal and was probably quite accurate. However, I'm sure the management at Ferrari would't have been all that impressed because the mind games never stop in this sport - so I reckon they just tried to spin their way out of it with contradictory messages.
Old 4 Jan 2004, 22:15 (Ref:827703)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by mansellmania
And a week later the autosport website says:' rubens worried about michelin' while he didnt even mention a single letter about michelins testfrom(where the article was all about'
Are you sure Rubens didn't say anything?......

"If I look at the last few seasons, there are reasons to worry, of course," Barrichello told Gazzatta della Sport. "The improvement Michelin made in 2003 was impressive. If they make another one like that next year, we will have to catch up."
Old 5 Jan 2004, 06:37 (Ref:827951)   #11
mansellmania
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Are you sure Rubens didn't say anything?......

"If I look at the last few seasons, there are reasons to worry, of course," Barrichello told Gazzatta della Sport. "The improvement Michelin made in 2003 was impressive. If they make another one like that next year, we will have to catch up."
Well you should see the article to know what im saying.
They have added a nice graphic of laps done by bridgestone teams vs michelin teams in the last few tests, yet all barrichello is saying: compare it(the progress of michelin) with the season data and the data of the season before.
He says nothing about the current testform of michelin.
He further states that 'everything is still very open'
That doesnt sound like a worried man to me.
Old 5 Jan 2004, 06:50 (Ref:827962)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So what precisely can Rubens do about Bridgestone's competitiveness? I

ts not like he can go crying to Jean Todt and ask to switch to Michelin...

Its not his call, and never will be... so whatever Rubens says is superfluous on the subject.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 Jan 2004, 06:57 (Ref:827967)   #13
mansellmania
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
So what precisely can Rubens do about Bridgestone's competitiveness? I

ts not like he can go crying to Jean Todt and ask to switch to Michelin...

Its not his call, and never will be... so whatever Rubens says is superfluous on the subject.
Well that could be another point:" what the hell does barrichello know about building tyres."

But in this case its Autosport who brings on barrichello.
Old 5 Jan 2004, 07:02 (Ref:827970)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rubens can provide feedback to the engineers to the best of his ability, and give input as to the direction the development should head... but I assume the Ferrari test drivers would do more of this than Rubens
Old 5 Jan 2004, 07:10 (Ref:827972)   #15
mansellmania
Racer

Ross Brawn told autosport that it was also the fault of ferrari that bridgestone wasnt the best at every track since they work so closely together.
However he is confident that together they will be good enough for 2004.
Old 5 Jan 2004, 07:20 (Ref:827976)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It depends... who is the bigger supplier to Ferrari/Fiat of passenger car tyres...

Can you imagine if Ferrari were to ask Michelin for tyres... they would likely do handstands, while Bridgestone quietly withdrew from the sport...
Old 5 Jan 2004, 10:30 (Ref:828085)   #17
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a Micelin shod car will win...unless we have a significant ammount of wet races.