Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Mar 2005, 07:51 (Ref:1251298)   #1
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
spanish audi ???

a spanish newspaper is publishing that there will be a spanish entry for this year´s LM24h, it specifies to be an Audi, with Repsol sponsorship and a lineup with Angel Burgeño (recognized GT and single seater driver), Miguel de Castro (with also experience at Le Mans) and Pedro De la Rosa (McLaren test driver). OK, it could be just a rumour, but they also interview Jesus Pareja, organizer of spanish GT series and behind the project, and he states they are for the win, so this could be true at last...
http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_da...&anchor=dasmot
Old 14 Mar 2005, 08:56 (Ref:1251330)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would PdlR be allowed to race for a rival german marque... and a different oil company??
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Mar 2005, 09:12 (Ref:1251338)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the news Javi !

We had a possible project for Repsol too last year, but it did not happend. I hope that this possibility will be confirmed, though...

and best regards to Ricardo
Old 14 Mar 2005, 09:23 (Ref:1251345)   #4
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Repsol apparently pulled out, so the project was dropped.

So, is it now back on?

One of the ex Audi UK cars was apparently going to be used.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 09:30 (Ref:1251350)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The paper seems very affirmative, beeing positive on the fact that the project is already secured... How come we have news so late ?
Old 14 Mar 2005, 09:35 (Ref:1251354)   #6
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any news on races other tham Le Mans?
Old 14 Mar 2005, 09:50 (Ref:1251362)   #7
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Repsol apparently pulled out, so the project was dropped.

So, is it now back on?

One of the ex Audi UK cars was apparently going to be used.
Heard this rumour from two different sources over the last two weeks so I assume it must be back on.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 10:15 (Ref:1251389)   #8
Javi
Veteran

Well, it would be glad to support a spanish team this june, but I won´t hold my breath until it is confirmed, specially as it concerns an audi..
As GTR magic has spotted, I don´t know if De la Rosa would be allowed to race, I think Le Mans collides with Canada F1, and for the moment he´s nominated to drive on fridays...
we´ll see
Old 14 Mar 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1251390)   #9
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Burgeno and DeCastro finished runners-up in the Spanish GT championship last year to the Balfe Motorsport squad.

They've been racing a Marcos LM600 for the past couple of years, I can see the jump to an R8 being a fairly steep learning curve!

But I'd also heard the same rumour that Repsol had pulled out of the deal (before Christmas I believe) So not sure whether this is old news that's been dragged up or it's a back on deal?
Old 14 Mar 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1251449)   #10
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmmm sounds fishy to me... wonder what implications this could have on the LMES as well...
Old 14 Mar 2005, 11:26 (Ref:1251489)   #11
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Whatever the truth of the rumour, I find it hard to picture McLaren releasing de la Rosa to race a Repsol-sponsored Audi. That said, Renault released Montagny to race ORECA's Audi, so it isn't out of the question, but McLaren pay such attention to their corporate image that it seems unlikely.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 12:01 (Ref:1251513)   #12
Frango
Rookie

Italy
Milano
Frango should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if they have all the funding necessary, to find another pilot interested in such a project, won't be too difficult
Old 14 Mar 2005, 12:03 (Ref:1251514)   #13
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Indeed. Jordi Gene? SEAT-contracted, so corporate links with Audi. Does the WTCC clash with Le Mans?
Old 14 Mar 2005, 12:14 (Ref:1251522)   #14
Frango
Rookie

Italy
Milano
Frango should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Myself???
During my last holyday in Marbella, no one recognized I weren't spanish
Old 14 Mar 2005, 12:39 (Ref:1251543)   #15
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Repsol has less budget for 2005, and I heard this Le Mans project was dead. However in winter SEAT tests (which has/had Repsol sponsorship) Toledos don´t have Repsol sticks. Perhaps Repsol money goes from WTCC to Le Mans.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1251557)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi R8R
Burgeno and DeCastro finished runners-up in the Spanish GT championship last year to the Balfe Motorsport squad.

They've been racing a Marcos LM600 for the past couple of years, I can see the jump to an R8 being a fairly steep learning curve!
Are this the people who drove the rainbow warrior Marcos of Cor Euser?

Which team is involved in running the R8? Racing Engineering of Ten-tenths member Alfonso de Orleans?

Last edited by FIRE; 14 Mar 2005 at 12:58.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 13:10 (Ref:1251564)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46
Repsol has less budget for 2005, and I heard this Le Mans project was dead.
Too bad for ours hopes, then...

This Audi would be the icing on the cake : the June's race is one of the most exciting of the last 10 years, IMHO. One more private Audi... Could you imagine ? A whole Spanish one, a whole French one, fighting the American bullets ?

And with the outisders, Henri Pescarolo thinks there'll be 10 LMP1 fighting for the lead in the first hours, and seven serious customers for the overall (source : a french radio broadcast)...

Last edited by Fab; 14 Mar 2005 at 13:47.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 13:10 (Ref:1251565)   #18
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Are this the people who drove the rainbow warrior Marcos of Cor Euser?

Which team is involved in running the R8? Racing Engineering of Ten-tenths member Alfonso de Orleans?
De Castro drove rainbow Marcos in 2000, in 2004 they ran with this:

Racing Engineering didn´t jave too interest in LMP900, Alfonso was waiting for new cars.

Last edited by E46; 14 Mar 2005 at 13:18.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 13:20 (Ref:1251572)   #19
Javi
Veteran

It sounded strange to me when I read it this morning, maybe it´s old news that a journalist has risen again, but I would love it to be true...
Old 14 Mar 2005, 13:47 (Ref:1251599)   #20
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
A fishy, he ?
Old 14 Mar 2005, 16:03 (Ref:1251681)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46
De Castro drove rainbow Marcos in 2000, in 2004 they ran with this:
Playstation Audi France vs XBox Audi Spain
Old 14 Mar 2005, 16:06 (Ref:1251685)   #22
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
....another Audi R8 (possible last ride @ LeMans for it) would be nice for this years big race!

I hope there is some potential to this gossip.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1251785)   #23
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46
Repsol has less budget for 2005, and I heard this Le Mans project was dead. However in winter SEAT tests (which has/had Repsol sponsorship) Toledos don´t have Repsol sticks. Perhaps Repsol money goes from WTCC to Le Mans.
I guess this Repsol money went to the Mitsubishi works team in the last Dakar race.
Old 19 Mar 2005, 07:14 (Ref:1255772)   #24
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any other news on this one? i read that paper, interview with jesus Pareja who was very positive but I have not spotted anything else ever since anywhere...hot air balloon???
Old 19 Mar 2005, 08:04 (Ref:1255788)   #25
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
hot air balloon???
As it looks like none other team asked for an Audi entry to ACO, it seems to be old news (from last year)...

Last edited by Fab; 19 Mar 2005 at 08:05.