Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Apr 2021, 22:31 (Ref:4045025)   #1176
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
The irony is that as from Monday you can mingle all you like at Lakeside or Bluewater 10 miles up the road from Brands. So disappointing, I was due to go to the club bike meeting to break the boredom. I see no problem with treating race circuits as an exception, it's the stroke of a pen at most, it doesn't require a great deal of investigation to establish the efficacy.
I was thinking of going to that as well, it's a shame as at my age there is getting less and less opportunity to go and watch a race before I cross the finish line
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Apr 2021, 00:06 (Ref:4045033)   #1177
chrisklein90
Rookie

United States
Florida
chrisklein90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everything has been affected when the pandemic takes place. There is a vaccine now, so watching a motor show is possible.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 04:42 (Ref:4045043)   #1178
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Back to yesterday's life? I dont think so. No right now. We need around 70/80 % of vaccinated people, meaning two jabs and not one. How many years to achieve this? Five, eight…
Old 8 Apr 2021, 08:45 (Ref:4045065)   #1179
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Official numbers are early April only 3,120 M people having had a second jab. Those lucky people are mainly nursing home residents. Because the statistics are "presented" you have to read carefully to know what's happening. Example: it is said that 13,660 M doses have been delivered OR are expected to be…
As to go racing its still not on top of my to do list… September may be if I survive.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 09:07 (Ref:4045068)   #1180
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We saw at venues like Donington last year that social distancing at Motorsport events isn't that hard to do. I don't get it either that other sporting events like the snooker are fine to have crowd and plenty of other outdoor entertainment is going to be open to the public, but not motorsport
Old 8 Apr 2021, 09:18 (Ref:4045075)   #1181
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
it's a shame as at my age there is getting less and less opportunity to go and watch a race before I cross the finish line
I know what you mean, as the years roll on I seem to have an increasing number of bits that don't seem to work properly! Bizarrely last year despite the restrictions I still managed to attend 20+ race meetings across a number of disciplines and never encountered any social distancing issues, it just seems that the powers that be have totally ignored the fact that for the most part motor racing events, particularly club events, are held in vast open spaces where the chance of infection is less than standing in a supermarket queue.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 10:05 (Ref:4045080)   #1182
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah its an annoyance - particularly having seen the pictures of packed beaches and parks over recent sunny days. My first race of the year this coming weekend at Oulton was always going to be no-spectator - which was unforunate as its our local circuit, and the one most likely for friends to attend, and I'm not doing Thruxton, which is our series' other race likely still to be behind closed doors, but it is just a bit illogically broad-brush.

Hey-ho!
Old 9 Apr 2021, 16:42 (Ref:4045317)   #1183
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Last news for historic racers, we're allowed to travel freely to go racing "Ã* l'intérieur de notre département de résidence" or drive a maximum 30 km (crow fly may be?) outside of our area. This is a clarification. A good thing IMO, because we've better take care of our health before considering burning tyres an fuel. A un moment, il faut être ou redevenir sérieux!
Old 9 Apr 2021, 17:11 (Ref:4045320)   #1184
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great news! At least those guidelines are easy to understand
Old 15 Apr 2021, 14:54 (Ref:4046093)   #1185
Newall Andy
Rookie

Newall Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing at Hockenhiem this weekend it’s great ....
The natives keep asking if I’ve had my jab ?
Of course I have , “ why have you all not had yours yet ? “
Smug as !
Simple things hey

Andy
Old 16 Apr 2021, 09:58 (Ref:4046199)   #1186
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
gotta take the wins where you can, andy

i'm trying to figure out exactly what can and can't happen in terms of foreign travel and isolation. my immediate reaction is that if i'm having to pick apart the legislation to figure out whether i'm going to get fined then it's too complicated or needs proper clarification...
Old 16 Apr 2021, 12:42 (Ref:4046231)   #1187
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newall Andy View Post
Racing at Hockenhiem this weekend it’s great ....
The natives keep asking if I’ve had my jab ?
Of course I have , “ why have you all not had yours yet ? “
Smug as !
Simple things hey

Andy
I had my first dose of AstraZeneca here in France yesterday, with no ill effects.

They seem to be rushing around zapping anything that moves now!
Old 16 Apr 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4046233)   #1188
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got my second Pfizer tonight. That another arm to grow then.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 13:27 (Ref:4046243)   #1189
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
They seem to be rushing around zapping anything that moves now!
Lucky you, living in a blessed area. In mine, they just try to catch any biped for a test. After many attempts and a long wait for any vaccine, Astra or any other, my exhausted doc' gave up and left us for holidays…
Old 16 Apr 2021, 13:55 (Ref:4046248)   #1190
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Lucky you, living in a blessed area. In mine, they just try to catch any biped for a test. After many attempts and a long wait for any vaccine, Astra or any other, my exhausted doc' gave up and left us for holidays…
We went to the pharmacist in Michele's village, no problems , no queuing, no waiting, & I've got a date for the second one in June.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 17:25 (Ref:4046276)   #1191
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
John, as to the secondary effects I've been told its either a third arm or a fresh blond hair. Do you confirm? Asking for someone…
Old 16 Apr 2021, 17:29 (Ref:4046277)   #1192
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Seen a report that the Canadian GP is being cancelled (in June) because at present everyone would have been required to quarantine for 14 days....but with another GP a week before that couldn't happen.....

Get my second AZ jab on Monday.......and a haircut!
Old 16 Apr 2021, 17:34 (Ref:4046280)   #1193
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No worry, Richard, ma mère aussi est blonde! If you still have your ears, then wearing a cap should not be a problem. ATM!
Old 16 Apr 2021, 17:51 (Ref:4046285)   #1194
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
John, as to the secondary effects I've been told its either a third arm or a fresh blond hair. Do you confirm? Asking for someone…
Sorry to report no third arm, or any other odd effects. However, the ache I had before in the shoulder she jabbed seems to have disappeared. No blonde hair either...
Old 16 Apr 2021, 17:56 (Ref:4046289)   #1195
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Wait a bit for the blonde hair… Tout vient Ã* point, qui peut attendre …
Old 21 Apr 2021, 10:28 (Ref:4047045)   #1196
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Scrutineering started at Monaco this morning, some technical scrutineers from the UK are missing. No Ferrari V12 1500 unfortunately.
Old 21 Apr 2021, 10:35 (Ref:4047047)   #1197
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Scrutineering started at Monaco this morning, some technical scrutineers from the UK are missing. No Ferrari V12 1500 unfortunately.
A mate of mine from the Monoposto days is racing an Emabssy Hill Shadow and a Maserati 6CM there this weekend. They arrived yesterday.
Old 21 Apr 2021, 13:15 (Ref:4047092)   #1198
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Fantastic event, wonderful cars and some sunshine too. My mate reports cars arriving slowly but surely. He has some extra work but does not complain about, on the contrary, he's amazed. Have to find a way to watch this on telly now.
Old 21 Apr 2021, 13:35 (Ref:4047097)   #1199
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Found the teaser here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqAEubGZTOM
Will this one be working during the event: https://www.tntendirect.com/TMC-en-direct ?
Old 21 Apr 2021, 18:23 (Ref:4047151)   #1200
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Amazing that Monaco Historic's happening.Baffles me.
Understand bloke should do well in Pre War race as most UK entries have withdrawn.
All this elite sportsman agreement for travel is nonsense.Can’t imagine any of them being elite anything’s!