Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 12 Jul 2020, 15:26 (Ref:3987679)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Race 2 Qualifying :

Pato O'Ward takes pole followed by Herta and Palou, which makes a change. Yesterday's pole sitter Josef Newgarden is way down in 14th and yesrterday's winner Scott Dixon is 6th.
Attached Thumbnails
indycar-results-quals-2.jpg  
Old 12 Jul 2020, 15:38 (Ref:3987683)   #27
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

TV Broadcast
NBCSN,
Race 1, Saturday, 5:00pm ET.
Race 2, Sunday, 12:00pm ET.
No offense, but would it be possible to add the times in UTC format as well?
Or otherwise give an indication as how the mentioned timezons is in regards to UTC
(as in UTC-4)

I find it very confusing to try and find out when exactly the race starts.

Just for my information: do you mention the times in ET because that is the most common standard in the US?
Or do you chose ET because that's the timezone the track is in?

According to this:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/@5251723
Elkhart Lake uses CD, and not ET. Or is that the same?

See my confusion?

If I'm right the race will start in about 30 minutes?
EDIT: The broadcast, not the race
Old 12 Jul 2020, 15:39 (Ref:3987684)   #28
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Nice! Certainly on my bucket list. Hoping for an Indy / IMSA double header one day, but it may be just time roll on up!
I really wanted to go this year, 3 weeks until Shadowfest up there and 1 of every Shadow model ever built on track. But long long drive and decided early in the year I couldn't make it work, and now that's even crazier to try. Looks like plenty of space to spread out and not really be in each other's way.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 15:41 (Ref:3987687)   #29
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post

Correct. Broadcast starts in 20 mins so the race probably starts in 5 hours!

I'm not sure what my day will bring after lunch on the right coast of America for me so I may be catching the replay this evening. Still looking forward to it after yesterday's race!
Old 12 Jul 2020, 15:42 (Ref:3987688)   #30
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Or otherwise give an indication as how the mentioned timezons is in regards to UTC
(as in UTC-4)

Just for my information: do you mention the times in ET because that is the most common standard in the US?

According to this:

See my confusion?

Eastern is used because US broadcasting is based off Eastern Time. Ask joeb how much fun it is to live in Central and have everything start an hour early.

It should be fairly easy to Google Eastern Time vs UTC and it will do the current day conversion for you. It will take in to account daylight vs standard as well. F1 doesn't use anything but the local time and we manage to convert, it's not hard
Old 12 Jul 2020, 15:49 (Ref:3987689)   #31
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Eastern is used because US broadcasting is based off Eastern Time.
OK, so I should never even care about the timezone the track or city is in, just assume the start time is ET and then convert that to UTC, right?
And then add 2 for my own timezone..
Old 12 Jul 2020, 16:02 (Ref:3987690)   #32
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Nice! Certainly on my bucket list. Hoping for an Indy / IMSA double header one day, but it may be just time roll on up!
Yeah, the saturday race made it happen this year. If imsa ever goes back with an endurance race, 4 or 6 hours like they did in the past, I'd probably go then, too. After detroit was cancelled and petit pushed back a week, I was ****ed, but found this Saturday race as an opportunity, so had to make it happen.

Only thing I missed out on was doing the karts. They sanitized the helmets and left them in the sun between used, but it was just a little too far to push things right now for us, haha.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 16:11 (Ref:3987691)   #33
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
(as in UTC-4)

According to this:

See my confusion?

Ever since I've been doing the race intros, the broadcast times haven't been an issue. ET, or Eastern Time is the standard time zone for which all broadcasts in the US are set. I can include UTC in the next race intro.

I usually watch the broadcast from Sky and that is going to start at 5:30pm BST, 12:00pm ET, UTC-4.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 12 Jul 2020 at 16:31.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 16:33 (Ref:3987697)   #34
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Yeah, the saturday race made it happen this year. If imsa ever goes back with an endurance race, 4 or 6 hours like they did in the past, I'd probably go then, too. After detroit was cancelled and petit pushed back a week, I was ****ed, but found this Saturday race as an opportunity, so had to make it happen.

Only thing I missed out on was doing the karts. They sanitized the helmets and left them in the sun between used, but it was just a little too far to push things right now for us, haha.
Happy for you and I hear on sharing helmets. Bring your own next time!!

Enjoy the race today!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I really wanted to go this year, 3 weeks until Shadowfest up there and 1 of every Shadow model ever built on track. But long long drive and decided early in the year I couldn't make it work, and now that's even crazier to try. Looks like plenty of space to spread out and not really be in each other's way.
The wife's cousin is moving to Madison WI so I'm already pushing to visit "them".
Old 12 Jul 2020, 16:45 (Ref:3987701)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
FCY. Looked like RH-R and Rossi collided and Rahal was involved.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 16:53 (Ref:3987704)   #36
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Can we hold the teams in all series down and beat the crap out of the idiots that can't be bothered to use an effing mask correctly, F1 was even worse this morning. Already think Power is an ******* but wtf man, enough with the masks inches low and Penske masks are a step from absolutely useless.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 17:01 (Ref:3987706)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
2nd FCY as Power goes off in a car that looked like it sustained damage before it went off.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 17:03 (Ref:3987707)   #38
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Power has confirmed he's an ass in multiple corners to put RHR and Rahal out for absolutely no gain at all. He needs a stop and hold for both of those moves. He straight punted RHR off the track in to 1.

Sorry, few minutes behind after a nap after that boring F1 race except for a few guys trying to tick Lewis off with fastest lap late.

Ok, f the ENTIRE crew for Power with that bs radio call. WTF was that guy looking at. No one was wrecking at all until Power actively hit them. F him and hope someone punts him in to the wall. That penalty is garbage, that's 3 different cars he hit without any need to make contact and 2 are out.

Edit again, glad karma kicked his ass like he deserves.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 17:12 (Ref:3987708)   #39
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Asking PT who got him to calm down in the car? At least he was honest, no one. He's Paul Tracy, calm was not his forte at all.

Liberty Mutual is killing me with the yellow ad campaign colors. Indy does the same thing for FCY as their ad, every time it comes up it gets me

Last edited by broadrun96; 12 Jul 2020 at 17:37.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 18:09 (Ref:3987712)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Dixon stalls it twice on his final stop.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 18:37 (Ref:3987718)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Rosenqvist on his debut win. Great to see two young drivers fighting for the win. It certainly makes a change and is just what IndyCar needs.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 18:41 (Ref:3987719)   #42
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Mclaren sent their old, and kept the good ones in Austria, F1 strategists to Indy apparently, JUNK call to put used tires on to end it especially used reds. O'Ward couldn't hold on to that car for nothing and was MASSIVELY outdriving Rosenqvist on burned out tires. Their fuel number calls appeared to be way off too, hard on P2P and over the fuel number in the radio yet he made it fine on fuel.

O'Ward crushed everyone on the track all race until they made him go longer on used reds than he went on new reds earlier in the race. Absolutely stupid call and no excuse for that. There's a reason why 3 teams win in Indy, they know what the hell they're doing. You had all day yesterday to see the undercut was HUGE and you call for used reds?

Rosenqvist didn't put a tire wrong even after they tried to break his car in the pits with the tire not on the studs when they dropped it. Stuck with Ganassi strategy and kept everything clean, gets the Dixon reward for it and driving well. Drove away in the last lap by over 1.5. On new blacks.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 19:09 (Ref:3987723)   #43
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Good race but why did they put used reds on Pato for the final stint. Obviously the wrong call from the second they did it, especially as I think they had sticker blacks available.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 20:07 (Ref:3987753)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Race 2 Result:

I think that's one weekend Penske would rather forget. Power did finish second yesterday but that not what he, or Roger Penske wanted. Pagenaud never really featured and as for Newgarden, it started alright and but then stalled, a bit like that pitstop and he never got back up there. Chevrolet haven't had a particularly good time of either.

As for today's race, I thought it was better than yesterday's and that has a fair bit to do with some of the newer and younger drivers showing what they are capable of. Good to see Rossi finally get a decent result
Attached Thumbnails
indycar-race-results-1.jpg  
Old 13 Jul 2020, 01:54 (Ref:3987804)   #45
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Rough start. decent race. Awesome finish. Good for Felix. Tough luck for Pato, but a good attitude from him in post race. Good hard, clean racing from the young guns!

Will Power: The IndyCar wrecking ball.

Stiller weekend for Marco Cracked the top 20 today!
Old 13 Jul 2020, 05:26 (Ref:3987821)   #46
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Pet peeve: Why do people keep referring to Rosenqvist as a kid or a young gun? He's 16 months away from turning 30…
Old 13 Jul 2020, 08:01 (Ref:3987833)   #47
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Pet peeve: Why do people keep referring to Rosenqvist as a kid or a young gun? He's 16 months away from turning 30…
I find that strange too.
He's relatively young when compared to Dixon, but he isn't young in absolute terms.

Rather new to Indycar, surely, but not young like O'Ward, Askew, Herta, ...

That aside, he was mega yesterday. O'Ward was very good, but Rosenqvist was just that bit better. Very impressive how he kept reducing the gap every time and never gave up even though it grew again after every of the last 2 pitstops.

This win is another thing to add to his already impressive CV. He is quite a versatile driver with podiums and victories in many different categories.
Let's be happy he's not wasting his time in F1 in a Haas or Alfa Romeo or similar.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 08:50 (Ref:3987846)   #48
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm so happy to see Rosenqvist finally bag his first win in IndyCar

Great drive by Ericsson as well!
Old 13 Jul 2020, 10:46 (Ref:3987875)   #49
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
I'm so happy to see Rosenqvist finally bag his first win in IndyCar

Great drive by Ericsson as well!
Agreed, I think Marcus made up the most positions in the race, good drive for him too.

Both Swedes were on the same strategy: go a lap longer than your opponents, stop in an empty pit and have better tires at the end.
Of course they first had to make that longer stint work and both did.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 12:23 (Ref:3987905)   #50
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Because I'm old, he's not and he's newish to the series. My apologies. I promise to do it again