Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 29 Dec 2002, 21:38 (Ref:459753)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brands Hatch GPL

I have download Brands Hatch and I am having problems installing it, I have tried 2 or 3 times and I get a error which says:- Failed to open c:\SERRIA\gpl\tracks\brands\event.pbf can anyone help.

Last edited by rdjones; 29 Dec 2002 at 21:40.
Old 29 Dec 2002, 22:30 (Ref:459780)   #2
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if it's a typo, but I guess it should be Sierra instead of Serria..

I guess the experts here will help you!
Old 29 Dec 2002, 22:40 (Ref:459789)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure rd

Here's an extract from the readme in the Brands zip:-

Unzip the files wherever you wish and then simply run Brands.exe.

Brands will prompt you for the GPL application directory. This is simply
the directory in which your GPL exe resides. The default is c:\sierra\gpl.
At most, you should only need to change the drive letter.

If the creation fails it is most likely that you have not set the GPL
application directory correctly. The other cause would be low disk space on
the Windows drive or on the drive containing GPL, because Brands requires
a large amount of disk space. Brands Hatch will automatically be added
to your calendar as the European Grand Prix.

As its an exe file, providing you specify the right path, you should be ok. I assume it will create the brands folder for you if you haven't made one yourself.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 29 Dec 2002 at 22:41.
Old 29 Dec 2002, 22:59 (Ref:459802)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorted - unziped to the desktop it works now.
Old 30 Dec 2002, 09:54 (Ref:459988)   #5
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats the track like as i have heard it is not that great?
Old 30 Dec 2002, 12:21 (Ref:460037)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've driven it very little Tony, but you're right, it isn't as good as some of the others, particularly some of the mre recent ones. If I remember rightly, its been out for quite a long time (I first downloaded it when I initially had a go at GPL about 3 years ago), so maybe its time for version 2?
Old 30 Dec 2002, 16:54 (Ref:460251)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony_Simpson
Whats the track like as i have heard it is not that great?
Do not know can only get as far as Hawthorn Bend before being thrown back to the desktop ! ! ! !
Old 31 Dec 2002, 13:59 (Ref:460936)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I thiunk Brands is one of the very CPU intensive circuits. I don't know what CPU you've got Rob, but you may well need to turn even more detail down in the options to survive there.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 15:35 (Ref:461019)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I thiunk Brands is one of the very CPU intensive circuits. I don't know what CPU you've got Rob, but you may well need to turn even more detail down in the options to survive there.
I have a 1.3Gb Laptop with 256 of RAM..................
Old 1 Jan 2003, 10:14 (Ref:461467)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
CPU-wise you should be OK then Rob. Do you have a graphics card in that laptop?
Old 6 Jan 2003, 14:28 (Ref:465337)   #11
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Try building your own version, just for the hell of it, thats what I'm doing, got it to within 1m of the correct track lenght, but somehow not quite right yet.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 17:31 (Ref:530326)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I have re-installed GPL, due to all the disconnection problems I had last night, and now I can drive the whole of Brands ! ! !
Old 9 Mar 2003, 18:51 (Ref:530421)   #13
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Amazing, i can't do that The truth is it's a really bad recreation. I tried making my own, but i ran into problems that even the experts were unable to solve... Paddock is very very wrong. It's a forht gear corner, and the AI there are lapping some 11 seconds off the pace of the 1968 race. The track surface is really slippery as well, no good at all. Basically i think it stinks
Old 9 Mar 2003, 19:11 (Ref:530436)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I can drive all of Brands, no problem. Not very fast though.

By the way, Rob, have you tried installing the papy disco-fix? Its supposed to help if you keep getting disconnected. Its also suggested that those hosting should have it too, so I've installed it.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 21:39 (Ref:530623)   #15
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I can drive all of Brands, but not very often without spinning, and always at the best corners in REAL life, but which were so poorly done in the game
Old 10 Mar 2003, 08:21 (Ref:531016)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As I've said before, IMO it is definitely one of the poorest add-on tracks for GPL. But then, it was done a long time ago.