Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Mar 2017, 14:24 (Ref:3717040)   #1551
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
R. Ferri should give Melo a call as well!
Old 7 Mar 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3717089)   #1552
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Besides Martin Fuentes not being on the entry list as already mentioned in the OP's opening thread, other notable absentees include Michael Lewis, Kyle Marcelli, Walt Bowlin (whom I believe lives in the Tampa area), Andrew Davis, Drew Regitz, Frankie Montecalvo (this year he's driving in the WeatherTech series, but with no clashing rounds!), Brent Holden, Sloan Urry, Corey Fergus, Mike Skeen, Dan Knox, Spencer Pumpelly (also in the WT series), Jim McCann, Andy Wilzoch and Dion von Moltke, just to name a few! Hopefully we'll see some of these drivers at selected events during the season.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 20:57 (Ref:3717117)   #1553
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Corey Fergus is running IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge this year. A few of those other names may make appearances later in the season. Pumpelly w/ Magnus in Sprint X.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3718423)   #1554
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
KPAX named their three other Sprint X drivers... Kane, Barnicoat, Lewis http://nasportscar.com/kpax-racing-s...int-x-lineups/
Old 13 Mar 2017, 23:31 (Ref:3718471)   #1555
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
KPAX named their three other Sprint X drivers... Kane, Barnicoat, Lewis http://nasportscar.com/kpax-racing-s...int-x-lineups/
Really cool to see Michael Lewis will be driving for KPAX. Really good driver and a class act.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 00:34 (Ref:3718475)   #1556
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Fantastic to see Micheal Lewis continue in the series!
This explains the switch from the number 13 to Lewis's #98 on the orange Mclaren.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 23:08 (Ref:3718676)   #1557
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...-strong-debut/

Hopefully TR3 Racing will be able to build on their strong showing at St.Pete.
They are a great addition to the GT grid.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 23:31 (Ref:3718917)   #1558
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Ignore the weird formatting, but it sounds like TRG and Davison will be back for Long Beach http://nasportscar.com/trg-delivers-...st-petersburg/
Old 17 Mar 2017, 14:14 (Ref:3719373)   #1559
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Marco Seefried joins Magnus for SprintX http://nasportscar.com/marco-seefrie...s-for-sprintx/
Old 20 Mar 2017, 13:40 (Ref:3720181)   #1560
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter Cunningham will take on the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb with a Acura TLX GT (all-wheel-drive) which last ran in PWC in 2015.
http://sportscar365.com/other-series...ime-acura-tlx/
Old 25 Mar 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3721472)   #1561
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Marcelli official for SPX w/ R. Ferri http://nasportscar.com/marcelli-team...printx-season/
Old 27 Mar 2017, 17:26 (Ref:3721914)   #1562
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Marcelli official for SPX w/ R. Ferri http://nasportscar.com/marcelli-team...printx-season/
Good choice. They'll definitely be contending for wins.
Old 29 Mar 2017, 17:30 (Ref:3722469)   #1563
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
McCann returning at VIR, with a new Audi replacing their Viper, and Mike Skeen joining Michael MCann on the driving duties.
http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...th-audi-skeen/
Old 1 Apr 2017, 20:46 (Ref:3723145)   #1564
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Dani Clos coming to drive w/ Marko Radisic in SprintX http://nasportscar.com/dani-clos-joi...printx-season/
Old 1 Apr 2017, 23:44 (Ref:3723166)   #1565
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has anyone on here been to VIR and how is it for spectators? I'm thinking about going up for the PWC weekend. It's absolutely one of my favorite tracks to see on tv and I have a great interest in the track's history. I remember watching a video of the track after it sat dormant for decades just when they were about to start bringing it back to life and I've always wanted to see a race there.

Last year I went to Barber for the first time and I'd like to visit a new track or two every year. Road America and Watkins Glen are on my list also and next year hopefully Le Mans or Spa.
Old 2 Apr 2017, 01:23 (Ref:3723171)   #1566
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Has anyone on here been to VIR and how is it for spectators?
Outstanding. All of the spectator areas offer great views.

Quote:
I'm thinking about going up for the PWC weekend. It's absolutely one of my favorite tracks to see on tv and I have a great interest in the track's history. I remember watching a video of the track after it sat dormant for decades just when they were about to start bringing it back to life and I've always wanted to see a race there.
Do it. I recommend camping onsite and if South Boston Speedway is running that week, take a field trip out there Saturday night.
Old 2 Apr 2017, 10:08 (Ref:3723235)   #1567
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Right, PWC amateur here. I keep trying to get into the series but never seem to enjoy it as much as I should, but never really understood why. Can someone explain what the SprintX is, and how (if) it differs from regular PWC? It's a bit confusing from the outside.
Old 2 Apr 2017, 14:32 (Ref:3723283)   #1568
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Traditional Sprint races are 50 minutes long, with a single driver per car and no pitstops.

Sprint-X races are 60 minutes long, with two drivers per car and a compulsory pitstop.
Old 2 Apr 2017, 15:14 (Ref:3723293)   #1569
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Right, PWC amateur here. I keep trying to get into the series but never seem to enjoy it as much as I should, but never really understood why. Can someone explain what the SprintX is, and how (if) it differs from regular PWC? It's a bit confusing from the outside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Traditional Sprint races are 50 minutes long, with a single driver per car and no pitstops.

Sprint-X races are 60 minutes long, with two drivers per car and a compulsory pitstop.
Basically PWC is more or less adopting SROs Blancpain sprint rules for the sprint-X rounds. Importantly though, the PRO-PRO class in the PWC version does not feature the minimum pit stop times that the SRO series uses. With no fueling necessary during the pit, the teams execution of the tire and driver change will be absolutely critical.
Old 3 Apr 2017, 10:38 (Ref:3723471)   #1570
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Understood, cheers.

I find this backwards. The series called Sprint-X has longer races, and driver changes. That's the opposite of what you'd expect.
Old 3 Apr 2017, 13:57 (Ref:3723512)   #1571
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Understood, cheers.

I find this backwards. The series called Sprint-X has longer races, and driver changes. That's the opposite of what you'd expect.
Yeah, this whole thing is confusing - it seems to be a very half hearted approach towards adopting the successful standard elsewhere, whilst also trying to stay close to a format which took off a couple of years ago (but before that had maybe seemed a little stale).

I don't envy their choice, but I'd be curious to know if anyone is particularly delighted by the current set up of split formats. Maybe I'm wrong and the customers (both sponsors and amateur drivers) are perfectly happy with it.
Old 3 Apr 2017, 14:17 (Ref:3723513)   #1572
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Yeah, this whole thing is confusing - it seems to be a very half hearted approach towards adopting the successful standard elsewhere, whilst also trying to stay close to a format which took off a couple of years ago (but before that had maybe seemed a little stale).

I don't envy their choice, but I'd be curious to know if anyone is particularly delighted by the current set up of split formats. Maybe I'm wrong and the customers (both sponsors and amateur drivers) are perfectly happy with it.
I think you'll find more people wishing the series would have kept the solo races as the primary for the schedule. I like SprintX, but wish it would have been kept a separate championship and not incorporated into the "overall champion" like it is now. After this year I think the series is going to have a big choice to make. If SprintX is successful, just adopt full Blancpain Sprint Rules and have it be the series going forward. OR, go back to traditional solo races for the primary. Combining the two into one overall championship is not ideal imo.
Old 3 Apr 2017, 14:25 (Ref:3723515)   #1573
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I think you'll find more people wishing the series would have kept the solo races as the primary for the schedule. I like SprintX, but wish it would have been kept a separate championship and not incorporated into the "overall champion" like it is now. After this year I think the series is going to have a big choice to make. If SprintX is successful, just adopt full Blancpain Sprint Rules and have it be the series going forward. OR, go back to traditional solo races for the primary. Combining the two into one overall championship is not ideal imo.
As a fan, that's 100% my opinion too. Either adopt Blancpain format and give it a proper go, or stick to what you've used for years and you know works.

I understand the position they are in is between trying to grow something they feel has potential and keeping their long-standing entrants and customers.

Stick or twist - halfway doesn't work for me.

Although, as I said, competitors may see otherwise and they are the primary audience.

(by the way, if they did 'twist', I'd love to see the mix of 1 and 3 hour events, as per Blancpain Europe).
Old 3 Apr 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3723517)   #1574
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I can tell you a number of drivers aren't happy with the split. Half the year they get a total of one hour of racing over two races.
Old 3 Apr 2017, 15:18 (Ref:3723527)   #1575
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I can tell you a number of drivers aren't happy with the split. Half the year they get a total of one hour of racing over two races.
It was an answer to a question nobody asked.

Full SRO rules, or GTFO. PWC needs to link up with another big series. Like IMSA, or IndyCar to be part of the "always there" support races. The Road America PWC weekend was pretty lame in terms of draw, and other stuff running alongside. Glad they moved it in with IndyCar.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”