Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Nov 2007, 16:19 (Ref:2078813)   #26
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R

So teams will be allowed to divert their money or development onto the aerodynamic add on parts and build around the tub as they wish.
No more "add on" bits please! The cars already look like they've been in a crash long before the start of qualifying! I dread to think of what some of the teams have in store for us this coming Winter!

I wonder if they have the same problems with "chassis" in truck racing?
Old 30 Nov 2007, 18:10 (Ref:2078897)   #27
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

And it would be one less thing to be considered in the next round of 'I spy, you spy'.
Old 1 Dec 2007, 00:49 (Ref:2079106)   #28
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
No more "add on" bits please! The cars already look like they've been in a crash long before the start of qualifying! I dread to think of what some of the teams have in store for us this coming Winter!

I wonder if they have the same problems with "chassis" in truck racing?

Agree with you completely..Lets have F1 cars looking like race cars again and get rid of all these horns and winglets.. I am a little tired of hearing about aero this and aero that..
Old 1 Dec 2007, 03:16 (Ref:2079156)   #29
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote Bott:"The cars already look like they've been in a crash long before the start of qualifying!"

lol!

Maybe they should start constructing cars out of legos.... oh wait. Ferrari and Williams already tried that..
Old 2 Dec 2007, 12:14 (Ref:2079839)   #30
HugeF1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Southampton
HugeF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No way should this happen. I like the idea of Customer cars, but not this. This would be like Champcar or GP2.
Old 2 Dec 2007, 15:25 (Ref:2079938)   #31
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At last! One who is aware that standard monocoque and customer chassis are different things.
Old 2 Dec 2007, 16:29 (Ref:2079957)   #32
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeF1
This would be like Champcar or GP2.
Not quite.Each F1 car,regardless of which chassis it uses,is still capable of being 'developed' by its 'team'.Whereas in GP2 and Champcar modifications are made to all the cars where the designer sees fit.

RedBull didn't give STR all of its updates and Honda didn't give Super Aguri all of theirs.

So Prodrive might have got a McLaren chassis,but wouldn't necessarily be kept up to date with all the improvements.And as we have seen in the past,a 'car' can look completely different in October to what it did in March.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 01:15 (Ref:2446701)   #33
chapmanite
Rookie

chapmanite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have one of those Lego Ferraris! It's really fast if you drop it from high enough.