Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Feb 2009, 23:13 (Ref:2396467)   #26
Devilsadvocate
Rookie

Devilsadvocate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know someone in Australia who placed Aus$100 on Vettel to win the 2009 WDC, with Red Bull, at odds well over 1000-1, so you're not the only one who thinks he has a chance! The bet was placed on his BMW testing and I have no idea how she thought he would end up at Red Bull.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 03:10 (Ref:2396549)   #27
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Regardless of whether you wasted your money or not, you managed to get very good odds! PaddyPower, Ladbrookes and Bet365 are all quoting 25/1 for Vettel to win the championship, BlueSQ will give you 20/1, and both SkyBet and William Hill are only offering 16/1.

You must know a good bookie
Old 13 Feb 2009, 03:26 (Ref:2396553)   #28
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi
I too think he's the dark horse, it's easy to go for any of the big 3 teams. But remember Red Bull will have twice as much data on their car than anyone else during the season, thanks to STR, so I guess their pace of development may well be quite impressive and surprising.
There would be a big test in Barcelona before the 1st race, where all the cars would be present and I hope Barcelona's live-timing works, so I guess we will have a rough picture from this test.
Some of that data is sure to be completely irrelevant due to the different engine, and depending on how different the bodywork needs to be to accomodate the engine and provide adequate cooling, a good deal of it may be irrelevant.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 09:02 (Ref:2396648)   #29
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsie
Regardless of whether you wasted your money or not, you managed to get very good odds! PaddyPower, Ladbrookes and Bet365 are all quoting 25/1 for Vettel to win the championship, BlueSQ will give you 20/1, and both SkyBet and William Hill are only offering 16/1.

You must know a good bookie

Oddschecker.com is your friend

Betfred & Boylesports still have him at 33:1. Although when I placed the bet others had him at that price - they have lowered them since.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 10:21 (Ref:2396697)   #30
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that was a good bet. What with Newey's new car the drastic new rule changes and the pace already and the fact Vettel has proven he can be a winner, it wouldn't suprize me if Red Bull mount a championship challenge this year if they have built a new car to the regs.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2396792)   #31
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
it wouldn't suprize me if Red Bull mount a championship challenge this year if they have built a new car to the regs.
They definitely have built a new car to the regs.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 14:26 (Ref:2396891)   #32
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reliability is the biggest doubt I'd say. When you look at that car you just can't se whee the hot air is supposed to go! Newey has got a good track-record of building cars so tightly packages that they catch light! MP4-18 anyone?
Old 13 Feb 2009, 15:54 (Ref:2396937)   #33
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
When you look at that car you just can't se whee the hot air is supposed to go!
My guess would be the small gap between the exhaust and the bodywork around it.
Old 15 Feb 2009, 16:26 (Ref:2397873)   #34
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wasted about £30 last season putting fivers on Sutil at various races to score a point at odds of 10/1 !

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 16 Feb 2009, 06:07 (Ref:2398299)   #35
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Wasted. It's already decided that Hamilton will win the WDC this year, mind you.
So Timo Glock has It All Planned again?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 16 Feb 2009, 10:16 (Ref:2398387)   #36
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
My guess would be the small gap between the exhaust and the bodywork around it.
Small being the operative word.

Please - no more reliability disasters for Webber!
Old 16 Feb 2009, 14:10 (Ref:2398511)   #37
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's already decided that Hamilton will win the WDC this year, mind you.
?
Old 16 Feb 2009, 22:14 (Ref:2398729)   #38
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
?
Remarkable.
Old 19 Feb 2009, 12:36 (Ref:2400201)   #39
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't understand what you mean Bononi.
Old 19 Feb 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2400234)   #40
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Isn't it a question mark ?
Old 19 Apr 2009, 17:22 (Ref:2444840)   #41
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on Seb!
Old 19 Apr 2009, 17:28 (Ref:2444845)   #42
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bet you wish you had put £200 on now
Old 19 Apr 2009, 17:36 (Ref:2444848)   #43
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I'm still wondering why I didn't go down to the betting shop and put a tenner of Button at 6-1 in the week leading up to Melbourne. It's not that I didn't think it worthwhile. I've never placed a bet though, and have played the lottery but a few times, so it's not exactly habit to go to the betting shop and follow through on my belief a the time that Button would win.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 15:56 (Ref:2445643)   #44
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBXR8 View Post
I Too Would Have Backed Mark Over Seb, Not only cuz i an aussie but i feel he has more experience and really has just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. to be fair i would have placed 20 on both and spread the risk. As for the odds i think they should all be around the same. Like Adrian Newey said biggest raft of changes in a long time. Its anybodies WDC
Vettel has 2 wins in 29 starts, Mark has none in 124.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 16:02 (Ref:2445648)   #45
Glen
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Vettel has 2 wins in 29 starts, Mark has none in 124.
Congratulations on quoting someone without actually reading their post!
Old 20 Apr 2009, 16:05 (Ref:2445652)   #46
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
He said more experience. I'd say winning counts as more experience than not.