Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 4 Apr 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3053619)   #1
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2013 Viper

Well, here it is:

http://jalopnik.com/5899094/2013-srt...-snake-is-back

What do we think?
Old 4 Apr 2012, 18:37 (Ref:3053622)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As i've said in another thread on the sportscar forum, this is a nice looking car but not as good as the original Viper, at least in the looks department. A hell of a lot better than the last incarnation of this epic car though!
Old 4 Apr 2012, 18:42 (Ref:3053628)   #3
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post

What do we think?
Don't know what "we" think, but I like it! Best-looking Viper yet, but I'm rather sorry that it's no longer a Dodge.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3053677)   #4
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not familiar with the "author's we"? It's meant to be inclusive without influencing the reader's opinion.

I will go ahead and give my thoughts however. While I liked both of the previous versions, this model seems to bridge the gap between the two and its lines flow very well. It appears the clamshell hood is back too. I really like the foglamps on the GTE car and wish they were on the production model as well.

Even though this isn't a Dodge (supposedly), they are still weaning everyone off the crosshair grille as that has been given to the Ram brand. There are still some remnants in there.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 20:15 (Ref:3053680)   #5
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From the side it looks cool and echos the original from 1992. The front takes some getting used to.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3053883)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My favourite car from the 90's was the GTR Viper. This is even better.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 23:29 (Ref:3058111)   #7
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the new Viper. I'm a Mopar fan in general but as an American it's really nice to see one of our Big Three with something special. It would be nice to see Ford step up now.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 08:47 (Ref:3060763)   #8
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I like it a bit better than the last one, but a big part of my dislike of the looks of the ACR was the ridiculous pop-sided stripes I always saw running along it. I feel Viper should be getting more than 600 or so horses from 8.4 liters.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 08:52 (Ref:3060767)   #9
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post
I like it a bit better than the last one, but a big part of my dislike of the looks of the ACR was the ridiculous pop-sided stripes I always saw running along it. I feel Viper should be getting more than 600 or so horses from 8.4 liters.
I feel the opposite... it looks too much like the old one, but the headlights look a bit cheesy on it, kind of ruining the serious look of the car
Old 18 Apr 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3061717)   #10
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post
It's 640 but it is always hard to convice people that with pushrod engines displacement does not directly correlate to power output, weight and physical volume. For example the Viper V10 is slightly smaller and weighs the exact same as the BMW M5 V10. If that doesn't work, showing someone the torque curve usually brings them around.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 08:55 (Ref:3061897)   #11
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
They've made it curvy again, which is better. The original had a touch of the Marilyn Monroes about it. Not the thinnest girl going, but by far the most attractive because of the extra curves.

Right direction, a couple of trips to IHOP short of perfect