Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 30 Mar 2002, 10:36 (Ref:247201)   #26
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not as many as I'd like, but here's the list anyway:

GP's: Silverstone (4)
Monza (1)
Monte Carlo (1)

Cart: Houston (1)

Nascar: Atlanta (1)
Daytona (1)

Will be doing Rockingham this year and who knows about next year!!! Hopefully more in the US.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 10:21 (Ref:247913)   #27
NASCARWidow
Rookie

NASCARWidow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lars, Stan;
I enjoy my job. Had the chance to go fulltime this season and that would have meant going to all 34 Busch races. Decided to stay part time so I'll only go to 24 races instead. The other half and I decided 34 weeks a year was too much time for both of us to be gone from home for 5-6 days a week. Plus the other half doesn't know if he can stand me being around quite so much :>) (He got used to being on the road by himself during the last 12 years and it's a little different having your wife there every day) My job is easy (Registration) and I don't work pit road but working for NASCAR isn't a glamor job like a lot of people think. You spend a lot of time away from your family (the other half was gone from home for 215 days last year and he gets to stay at home in his own bed for 2 races a year) and you don't get the pay most people think you do. But you make a lot of friends on the circuit and get to see places you wouldn't otherwise so I guess it evens out.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 14:32 (Ref:248065)   #28
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
RaceFanStan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NascarWidow,

It sounds like the kind of job I would enjoy later on after I took early retirement (at age 55), but I doubt that my wife would want me away that much.

You are living the life that a lot of us think would be so great but most likely will never get to do, enjoy it and please share stories with us from time to time, that way we can close our eyes and see it in our minds.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 11:56 (Ref:248877)   #29
NASCARWidow
Rookie

NASCARWidow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stan, That's exactly what I did. I taught school for 31 years and retired. I draw a pension so I am able to afford to work for less than stellar pay and I'm still young enough to enjoy the travel and people. Winston Cup has a lot of TEMP help that work a limited number of races a year. If when you retire, you want to work parttime for NASCAR sent them a resume'and see what happens. I don't usually have many stories to tell that I can tell but if something good comes up I'll sure post it here.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 23:11 (Ref:249440)   #30
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dover (Cup)
Bristol (Cup)
Pikes Peak (Busch, ReMax)
Talladega (Museum & tour only )
Calder (and a few other Oz tracks...)