Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Apr 2006, 07:18 (Ref:1568774)   #251
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
I still see a slim chance Creation will get in...maybe T2M will drop out? Only wishing, but what have they EVER done to deserve to be there?
T2M have been regulars in the LMES for the past two years and did also participate in some of the recent Le Mans 24h. Considering this, they deserve more an entry like i.e. the entry of Icer Brakes or IMSA Performance, which might be a French team, but no LMS regular in past two seasons. Furthermore I think the T2M principal, Mr Kaneko is somehow involved in Japanese ACO operations.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 10:58 (Ref:1568895)   #252
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ive got a feeling that Shimoda is not a Zytek contracted driver this year ? Its been said that if Zytek run a second car , it will be for Herbert-Smith and not Shimoda . So if a place was there for Shimoda , it would only be for the longer endurance races like PLM and Le Mans . I reckon you will find Shimoda in a Facrory Courage or RfH Dome ..... just my thoughts is all .
Old 3 Apr 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1569113)   #253
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Shimoda will drive for Victory Engineering in World Series by Renault. At 17/18 June there's a race in Turkey.....
Old 3 Apr 2006, 16:25 (Ref:1569194)   #254
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
2 things,

Firstly there is no way the works Zytek will drop out
I hope your right, but without a car they would be forced too. Even if it does get finished in time they are doing themselves no favors taking an untried package.

Any word when it should be rolled out?
Old 4 Apr 2006, 04:47 (Ref:1569720)   #255
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962
T2M have been regulars in the LMES for the past two years and did also participate in some of the recent Le Mans 24h. Considering this, they deserve more an entry like i.e. the entry of Icer Brakes or IMSA Performance, which might be a French team, but no LMS regular in past two seasons. Furthermore I think the T2M principal, Mr Kaneko is somehow involved in Japanese ACO operations.
Your last line hit the name on the head. While I agree that T2M have been mostly regular LM and LMES contestants until Xavier so dramatically wrapped their old RS around a tree, they have never shown much pace or hope of being competitive, except maybe Robin Liddell with the strange gearbox at Silverstone 2004. Furthermore, they still seem to be entering an RS chassis which can scarcely be called state of the art these days.

Icer Brakes doubtless got the entry because of pace at the test days and the fact that they are one of the few teams entering the 430 which is a real victory threat and provides diversity. IMSA Performance was utterly dominant in FFSA-GT last year, showed surprising pace at last year's 24 Hours (way more than T2M) and has managed to secure the services of Bouchut for the LMS. I will still stand by my point that I'd rather see these 2 teams at LM than T2M, by far. I appreciate the effort the latter puts in, but results need to come at some point.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 08:00 (Ref:1569834)   #256
Dauer 962
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
I will still stand by my point that I'd rather see these 2 teams at LM than T2M, by far. I appreciate the effort the latter puts in, but results need to come at some point.
I agree, from terms of speed there is no reason to invite T2M, but this invitation is also in the sprit of Le Mans. I think the team was most surprised about their invitation. Last autumn they announced that they made an application, but with only small hopes as it was said that the ACO doesn’t like to see old RS´s on the grid any more. Thus it’s a surprise that they again two RS´s on the list. It’s similar with the Taisan Ricky Chiba entry, he also got his entry more in terms of tradition rather than in terms of speed of his RS.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 10:25 (Ref:1569941)   #257
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
And on the basis that the ACO, quite rightly, are keen to encourage Japanese entries.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 13:45 (Ref:1570149)   #258
McKafre
Rookie

McKafre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I ve just read this:

Quote:
The permit will allow one vehicle (and a towed caravan or trailer) into the camping site where you can park and set up camp with tents etc. The number of people or the size of the vehicle does not matter so you could bring a car, a minibus or a motorhome, but not a coach or bus. The permit allows you to camp from Wednesday 14 June until Monday 19 June. The campsites are open from Monday 12 June, however you will be charged €15 per day extra if you arrive early, that is on the Monday or Tuesday.
Is this true ?

So, if the price says 60 euros, and we travel 3 people in the car, its only 20 euros each of us ?

I thought it wa a price per person
Old 4 Apr 2006, 14:19 (Ref:1570530)   #259
Dauer 962
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKafre
I ve just read this:

Is this true ?

So, if the price says 60 euros, and we travel 3 people in the car, its only 20 euros each of us ?

I thought it wa a price per person
Yes, it´s true. It´s always the price per car, not per person. It doesn´t matter if you are alone in the car or with 5 person, it´s the same price.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 14:20 (Ref:1570533)   #260
mgrs
Rookie

Wales
mgrs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
I hope your right, but without a car they would be forced too. Even if it does get finished in time they are doing themselves no favors taking an untried package.

Any word when it should be rolled out?

Its being put together right now, with Spa planned as the first race. No testing has been confirmed/booked yet as far as i am aware.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 10:26 (Ref:1580257)   #261
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The deadline for payment of the balance of competitors entry fees (29,000 euros) was yesterday, April 12th. Failure to do so means the invitation is withdrawn.

Just wondering if............
Old 13 Apr 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1580310)   #262
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im at a loss thinking about who might withdraw . I cant see anybody withdrawing to be honest , unlike in previous years .

If they dont , we get a lot slower Creation car than I would like to see !!!
Old 13 Apr 2006, 12:11 (Ref:1580339)   #263
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
, we get a lot slower Creation car than I would like to see !!!
What do you mean by the second car being a lot slower surely it will be the same as the first one ?
Old 13 Apr 2006, 12:12 (Ref:1580341)   #264
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
The deadline for payment of the balance of competitors entry fees (29,000 euros) was yesterday, April 12th. Failure to do so means the invitation is withdrawn.

Just wondering if............
I remember we had that whole fiasco last year (or was it 2004?) with teams not paying up and quite a few withdrew that way. Let’s hope its not the case this year yet again..
Old 13 Apr 2006, 12:15 (Ref:1580345)   #265
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If they dont , we get a lot slower Creation car than I would like to see !!!
That's my only real gripe with the entry list (I'm sure I've already been moaning about it somewhere on the forum!). I'll be supporting Creation regardless, but to be denied their strongest driver combination at Le Mans will without doubt diminish their chances (and our enjoyment!!).
Old 14 Apr 2006, 08:55 (Ref:1581045)   #267
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ250575
What do you mean by the second car being a lot slower surely it will be the same as the first one ?
What I mean is , if nobody withdraws , we will have Minnassian-Ortiz-Gabbianni in the car as opposed to Minnassian-JCW-TBA . Nothing to do with the car , just the driver pairings .
Old 14 Apr 2006, 09:06 (Ref:1581053)   #268
The Badger
Veteran

Im wondering who will get the vacant seat in the works DBR9 at Le Mans this year , since Kiesa is now with Lister ? I think we have Sarrazin-Enge-Lamy and Bright- and one other and a TBA ?

Kane did get a drive in it , but he will be in the Spyker as far as i know . They should put a yank in it !!!
Old 14 Apr 2006, 13:22 (Ref:1581850)   #269
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
Quote:
What I mean is , if nobody withdraws , we will have Minnassian-Ortiz-Gabbianni in the car as opposed to Minnassian-JCW-TBA . Nothing to do with the car , just the driver pairings .
Sorry I still dont understand why they will be so much slower than JCW..Looking through the driver profiles on Creations website they seem to be decent drivers..Bearing in mind ive never heard of them before so maybe you could enlighten me please?

OK nic is fast but then nic would be fast in any driver line-up Why are these 2 going to be so much slower than JCW.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 13:27 (Ref:1582210)   #270
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ250575
Sorry I still dont understand why they will be so much slower than JCW..Looking through the driver profiles on Creations website they seem to be decent drivers..Bearing in mind ive never heard of them before so maybe you could enlighten me please?

OK nic is fast but then nic would be fast in any driver line-up Why are these 2 going to be so much slower than JCW.
Because they're just not as good as JCW. They're paydrivers, proper ones, but still. JCW just drives faster than them, JCW manages to keep the pace Nic sets, while these two guys are significantly slower. And that difference just makes the gap to the front.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 13:35 (Ref:1582214)   #271
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
Because they're just not as good as JCW. They're paydrivers, proper ones, but still. JCW just drives faster than them, JCW manages to keep the pace Nic sets, while these two guys are significantly slower. And that difference just makes the gap to the front.
Ok..thanks for that.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 13:54 (Ref:1582227)   #272
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
Agreed. You can get away with one 'steady' driver at Le Mans, but if you have any desire to take the fight to the likes of Pescarolo, Zytek and the other top LMP1 teams you need at least two quicks.

Beppe and Felipe are both good but 'steady' drivers. I reckon they will lap 4-5 seconds slower than Nic and Jamie at Le Mans which will cost the Team about a minute between each fuel stop (which equates to a lap every four hours).

I also think this driver combination will demoralise Nic (although he would never admit it).
Old 14 Apr 2006, 17:48 (Ref:1582343)   #273
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
True enough but let's not forget that Creation has not shown enough reliability (even in 6 hours races) to be able to have a shot at LM. Speed they have aplenty but they are still looking for their first victory, even with their Nic-JCW lineup....
Old 15 Apr 2006, 05:53 (Ref:1582692)   #274
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is strange that people focus on the reliability issue so much with Creation. Creation finished Le Mans last year (after a shunt that put them well down the order (losing 90 minutes)) while the Jota Zytek did not (N/C: greabox) and the Zytek in the previous year did not finish (engine, i think) before the half-way mark.

Creation finished four out of five of last year's LMS rounds--mostly on the podium apart from Monza (where the had a burst water hose in the final 30 minutes when they were in secod place).

Creation are racers. They want to win. And being at the front against the best in the world will always put much more strain on the car than driving at a pace where you end up on the podum but 7 laps down. They will get their reliabilty with the new car (as they did with the old one) and I beleive that they will be the ones to take it to the Audis at LM. After all, they had the pace of the Pescarolo (a well sorted car) in their first race outing. There will be more to come.

Thank goodness they are around (hopefully with two cars). They deserve a second entry for LM.
Old 15 Apr 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1582774)   #275
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
I also think this driver combination will demoralise Nic (although he would never admit it).
In terms of Minassian's morale it'll be interesting to see how he responds to the knowledge that there was a Pescarolo seat at Le Mans for him (see this week's Autosport). Is Creation potentially storing up a problem for themselves?

As an aside, Beppe Gabbiani's career is pretty impressive if for no other reason than its longevity! Can anyone else racing at the moment claim quite the breadth of experience he's had?