Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 29 Nov 2014, 10:18 (Ref:3479861)   #26
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
ART Grand Prix to run two Mercedes next year... interesting addition
Old 29 Nov 2014, 11:16 (Ref:3479875)   #27
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
ART Grand Prix to run two Mercedes next year... interesting addition
Indeed. I would have thought that Mercedes would give HTP the additional two Mercs but ART is surely an equally good addiction. The only downside for me is, is that we're going to see more drivers from Formula Three coming up, instead of GTs. On the other hand, The ladder consisting of Formula Three - DTM - Formula One makes perfect sense from Mercedes' point of view. Well, it'd make even more sense, if we'd seen more drivers from DTM in Formula One, but I guess Mercedes is just training the drivers, not funding them...
Old 30 Nov 2014, 09:27 (Ref:3480188)   #28
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^^^ HTP themselves are also not amused aparantly. In this atricle (in Dutch) about the entry of ART in the DTM, it is mentioned that, roughly translated, "they will walk in different direction", and that "announcements will be made very soon".
Old 30 Nov 2014, 22:32 (Ref:3480492)   #29
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They chose Bentley for their GT3 program
Old 1 Dec 2014, 14:18 (Ref:3480745)   #30
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2014/...kies-in-jerez/

Hopefully Frijns gets a DTM seat.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 21:55 (Ref:3481241)   #31
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
The Hungary round could be dropped after one year: http://www.motorsport-total.com/dtm/...-14120101.html

-_- Same old, same old. Even though I'd argue that the manufacturers should cover the losses for at least one or two years. Because consistency wouldn't hurt the DTM schedule in my opinion.
Old 3 Dec 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3481425)   #32
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think, DTM is a complete loss, if there are running only former F3-drivers, which found no budget for Formula 1...
Of course they are talented drivers, but no charisma/character, so no real "crowd pleasers"...

Hungarians will only attend, if Norbi would have a drive in DTM...
If not, other racing series in hungary might produce more fights...
Old 3 Dec 2014, 12:41 (Ref:3481451)   #33
Metzo
Racer

Germany
Berlin
Metzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2015 DTM calendar*

1st to 3rd May Hockenheimring
29th to 31st May Lausitzring
26th to 28th June Norisring
10th to 12th July Zandvoort (NED)
31st July to 2nd August Red-Bull-Ring (AUT)
28th to 30th August Moscow Raceway (RUS)
11th to 13th September Oschersleben
25th to 27th September Nürburgring
16th to 18th October Hockenheimring
* Subject to approval by FIA and DMSB.

Quote:
When it comes to the 2015 season, the DTM fans may look forward to even more race action: the DTM calendar comprises nine race weekends, with two races to be contested per weekend – one on Saturday and one on Sunday.
finally
Old 3 Dec 2014, 13:04 (Ref:3481457)   #34
Mies7337
Racer

Netherlands
Hoek van Holland
Mies7337 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zandvoort on the calendar!! Yeahhh. Even though last year wasn't scheduled, there were a lot of spectators and a great race.
2 races a weekend is great, but I think they should both be held on the sunday.
The last touch to make the DTM more attractive is to put 30 cars on the grid (10 for each manufacturer)!!!!
Old 3 Dec 2014, 18:44 (Ref:3481559)   #35
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Well, 9x2 is still more than 10x1. Perhaps the best decision the DTM has done in years. Well done!
Old 4 Dec 2014, 01:57 (Ref:3481686)   #36
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I rather enjoyed the fight at Budapest this year. It's a pity.
However I do remain sceptical about him how much better a show next year can be. No tire differences. Even with two sprint races, you are not gonna see plenty of actions.
Old 4 Dec 2014, 05:03 (Ref:3481705)   #37
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Are the races on Saturday and Sunday going to be the same length or will the Sunday race be longer?
Old 4 Dec 2014, 13:37 (Ref:3481840)   #38
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I would prefer a 50km qualifying race and a 100km feature race.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 09:55 (Ref:3482154)   #39
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mercedes testing/tested 5 guys:

Charles Pic
Esteban Ocon
Felix Rosenqvist
Lucas Auer
Maxi Gotz

Are any 2014 Merc drivers known to be in danger of losing his seat, or are these 5 just going for the extra Mercedes?

I have to be honest and say I rate the BMW testers slightly higher overall (apart from Gotz) for a touring car ride.
I think now is the right time for BMW drop Hand and Tomczyk (as rumoured). They just haven't quite 'done it'.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 11:58 (Ref:3482188)   #40
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JD Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really think Rosenqvist will finally go out of F3 and join DTM (with Mucke probably?)

Looks like BMW wants again a British driver in after Priaulx... (testing Harvey, Bird, Blomqvist & Lynn).

With the other KFC-driver Giovinazzi testing @ Audi it would not surprise me to see at least 1 joining DTM and the other 2 going to FR3.5 with Carlin..

Audi also tested GT-Drivers; Laurens Vanthoor, Marco Mapelli & Nicki Thiim.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 12:18 (Ref:3482194)   #41
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a couple of months ago i heard a nice little rumour that ocon would do a vietoris and do a combined gp2 and dtm season. there's nothing to say he wouldn't cope with it either.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3482205)   #42
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
a couple of months ago i heard a nice little rumour that ocon would do a vietoris and do a combined gp2 and dtm season. there's nothing to say he wouldn't cope with it either.
He should do it next year, while he still can.
After that comes F1 and that means driving in other categories is over until he leaves F1 (unless he drives for Force India).

Last edited by Hawkwood; 5 Dec 2014 at 13:07. Reason: Spelling mistakes
Old 5 Dec 2014, 13:06 (Ref:3482206)   #43
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Media View Post
I really think Rosenqvist will finally go out of F3 and join DTM (with Mucke probably?)

Looks like BMW wants again a British driver in after Priaulx... (testing Harvey, Bird, Blomqvist & Lynn).

With the other KFC-driver Giovinazzi testing @ Audi it would not surprise me to see at least 1 joining DTM and the other 2 going to FR3.5 with Carlin..

Audi also tested GT-Drivers; Laurens Vanthoor, Marco Mapelli & Nicki Thiim.
Thiim and particularly Vanthoor would be able to do well in DTM I feel.
Who is Mapelli? I couldn't find anything that wasn't in Italian.

I feel more GT drivers should get DTM tests (as opposed to most of the testers being F3 guys), especially as all 3 DTM brands have a big presence in GTs.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3482233)   #44
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JD Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Thiim and particularly Vanthoor would be able to do well in DTM I feel.
Who is Mapelli? I couldn't find anything that wasn't in Italian.

I feel more GT drivers should get DTM tests (as opposed to most of the testers being F3 guys), especially as all 3 DTM brands have a big presence in GTs.
Mapelli is an Italian GT Driver, he raced in Ferrari Challenge before heading to GT's with Porsche & Audi.. not the biggest name indeed.

And yes, i think Vanthoor and Thiim would do well for sure, look at Maxime Martin, winning a race in his first season already!
Old 5 Dec 2014, 14:07 (Ref:3482234)   #45
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Charles Pic
Esteban Ocon
Felix Rosenqvist
Lucas Auer
Maxi Gotz

Are any 2014 Merc drivers known to be in danger of losing his seat, or are these 5 just going for the extra Mercedes?

I have to be honest and say I rate the BMW testers slightly higher overall (apart from Gotz) for a touring car ride.
I think now is the right time for BMW drop Hand and Tomczyk (as rumoured). They just haven't quite 'done it'.
I think that Petrov may loose his seat to Rosenqvist.

Then i would see Di Resta combined with a french driver at ART GP.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 14:10 (Ref:3482236)   #46
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

It would mean a 42 races calendar for 2015.

In fact it is not the craziest fact out there. It is the fact that he would run back to back on 7 consecutive week-ends.

April 19 Bahrain GP
May 1-3 Hockenheim (D)
May 10 Spanish GP
May 24 Monaco GP
May 29-31 Lausitzring (D)
June 21 Austrian GP
June 26-28 Norisring (D
July 5 British GP
July 10-12 Zandvoort (NL)
July 19 German GP
July 26 Hungarian GP
July 31-August 2 Red Bull Ring (AUT

August 23 Belgian GP
August 28-30 Moscow Raceway (RUS
September 6 Italian GP
September 11-13 Oschersleben (D)
September 25-27 Nurburgring (D
October 11 Russian GP
October 16-18 Hockenheim (D)
November 29 Abu Dhabi GP

Before and after the calendar is rather easy. Few back to backs.

Last edited by Rf1 Fan; 5 Dec 2014 at 14:18.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 17:44 (Ref:3482277)   #47
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Charles Pic
Esteban Ocon
Felix Rosenqvist
Lucas Auer
Maxi Gotz

Joey, probably yes, but Martin Tomczyk? Hopefully not. As a 2011 champion, I'm sure he just need a bit more time to make himself comfortable at BMW.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 18:54 (Ref:3482296)   #48
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Joey, probably yes, but Martin Tomczyk? Hopefully not. As a 2011 champion, I'm sure he just need a bit more time to make himself comfortable at BMW.
Tomczyk has also done rather well in the 2nd half of the season. As for Hand though...he's had three seasons now, so maybe a return to TUSC or a switch to SuperGT would be good for him.

As for Mercedes: Here's hoping that Maxi Götz finally gets a DTM seat. He deserves it!
Old 6 Dec 2014, 05:56 (Ref:3482423)   #49
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
Tomczyk has also done rather well in the 2nd half of the season. As for Hand though...he's had three seasons now, so maybe a return to TUSC or a switch to SuperGT would be good for him.

As for Mercedes: Here's hoping that Maxi Götz finally gets a DTM seat. He deserves it!

He does deserve it indeed but I'm gonna be selfish and hope he stays in GTs .

So Joey Hand is out at BMW? I see no room for him in their TUSCC program. I hope they hang onto Tomczyk instead as he has shown better form recently as you say this season. Hand has had a couple of seasons now in DTM and really hasn't impressed.
Old 6 Dec 2014, 08:26 (Ref:3482455)   #50
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
So Joey Hand is out at BMW? I see no room for him in their TUSCC program. I hope they hang onto Tomczyk instead as he has shown better form recently as you say this season. Hand has had a couple of seasons now in DTM and really hasn't impressed.
With Andy Priaulx switching over to the ELMS with Marc VDS, there is now a seat to fill in the TUSCC.
Closed Thread