Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Nov 2004, 16:32 (Ref:1154163)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sportscar & GT Racing Forum description

I was just looking on the main page of ten-tenths at the descriptions for each forum here on ten-tenths, and I dont know about anyone else here but it seems to me that we are being short changed slightly if u like. We have 2 lines of text saying: "Chat about the classic Le Mans 24hrs race, or any of the myriad of Sportscar and GT racing series" where as other forums such as touring cars, Single seaters etc get a much larger description than what this forum gets. Not having a dig at ten-tenths, just noting that there isnt much information to potential new members about this board, and they may well overlook coming in here.

What do u guys think?
Old 15 Nov 2004, 16:34 (Ref:1154169)   #2
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Honestly, who cares?

Sportscar & GT racing title says it all. Does anyone think that someone who doesn't know what Sportscar & GT racing are, will be adding much to discussion?
Old 15 Nov 2004, 18:50 (Ref:1154288)   #3
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: Sportscar & GT Racing Forum description

Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
I was just looking on the main page of ten-tenths at the descriptions for each forum here on ten-tenths, and I dont know about anyone else here but it seems to me that we are being short changed slightly if u like.
Look at the posts and threads totals.

Currently the forum is second in # of threads (F1 is first), and third in # of posts (and we all know the shirleys in Aussie TC are just posting puffery ).

If people are missing this forum, the question is who?

Last edited by paul-collins; 15 Nov 2004 at 18:50.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 15 Nov 2004, 21:23 (Ref:1154489)   #4
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well feel sorry for the bikers - theres is tiny, and the f1 description is pretty short as well...although they could pad that out with some hot air nonsense.

Last edited by kdr; 15 Nov 2004 at 21:24.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 21:26 (Ref:1154495)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Short, but sweet.

As Sportscar is the second most popular forum, I guess it must be the second most hated discipline too.

Last edited by Adam43; 15 Nov 2004 at 21:28.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 21:32 (Ref:1154501)   #6
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nah, the real difference is that the folks in the F1 forum THINK it is the purest form of motorsport, and the folks here KNOW sportscar racing is the purest form of motorsport.

Old 15 Nov 2004, 21:55 (Ref:1154524)   #7
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey when I showed up, I knew what area was ment for me. The title could include smoething about LMES, ALMS, FIA GT or something to that matter, but who cares. the title says it all.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 22:09 (Ref:1154534)   #8
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
As Sportscar is the second most popular forum, I guess it must be the second most hated discipline too.

i was about to suggest we take a poll on that, but just remembered we're not in the f1 forum here..

Old 15 Nov 2004, 22:19 (Ref:1154545)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be honest, I think its OK as it is.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 22:23 (Ref:1154548)   #10
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coming to think of it, F1 isn't motorsport at all. Does it even belong on 10Tenths?? Getting rid of it would mean more room for the real racing

Quote:
They don't hate us as much as we hate each other - fans of this series hate that series, and vice versa.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 22:33 (Ref:1154554)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I must be a freak then - I've never gone into the must hate things that are different. Sportscar is my favourite, but I host the F1 forum because I love it too. I'm afraid there are so many parallels: from the great cars, tracks and drivers, down to the politics, arguments over rules and the dull races.

On the topic, I like the description I think it does what it says on the tin.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 23:30 (Ref:1154586)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Foster
The title could include smoething about LMES, ALMS, FIA GT or something to that matter, but who cares. the title says it all.
Thats all I was trying to say, and sort of failing in the process. Not a dig at ten-tenths, just well, it looks kind of short to me compared to some of the other boards, no big deal, just commenting.
Old 16 Nov 2004, 09:54 (Ref:1154804)   #13
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's an F1 forum here?
Old 16 Nov 2004, 11:14 (Ref:1154845)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Yes: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...302#post336302

I give you credit it was only once and on subject about a sometime sportscar driver (who is more famous for hardly ever completing a lap in F1). Still it was only once, you can still feel suitably superior
Old 16 Nov 2004, 12:51 (Ref:1154894)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I've been modding here a while and this was my first port of call back in October 2001, and I think the description is as relevant to me now as it was then.......
Old 16 Nov 2004, 13:03 (Ref:1154903)   #16
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yes: Guy's only visit to the F1 forum

I give you credit it was only once and on subject about a sometime sportscar driver (who is more famous for hardly ever completing a lap in F1). Still it was only once, you can still feel suitably superior
Oh no, my dirty secret is out.

In my defence I'd found that Perry McCarthy thread via the search tool, so didn't actually have to go into the F1 forum directly.
Old 16 Nov 2004, 13:24 (Ref:1154940)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I hope you had a bath afterwards
Old 16 Nov 2004, 13:25 (Ref:1154943)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, needs a good dunk in the sheep dip..........
Old 16 Nov 2004, 18:29 (Ref:1155228)   #19
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
Honestly, who cares?

Sportscar & GT racing title says it all. Does anyone think that someone who doesn't know what Sportscar & GT racing are, will be adding much to discussion?

There's an old saying (and you have to say it out loud for it to sink in, but since this is a "written medium," you'll have to bear with me:

"you can lead a hor-ti-culture....but you can't make her drink it"

Is it still Monday????

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 17 Nov 2004, 00:55 (Ref:1155595)   #20
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Re: Re: Sportscar & GT Racing Forum description

Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Look at the posts and threads totals.

Currently the forum is second in # of threads (F1 is first), and third in # of posts (and we all know the shirleys in Aussie TC are just posting puffery ). ?
Ive often wondered what those guys in the Australian touring car forum find to talk about! Honestly, its just 1 touring car series, sure its a fairly big series but not say compared to the DTM which gets crowds of 130,000 - what do they really find to talk about? I mean, we (the sportscar fans) have 3 major series, as well as the various other national GT championships and for some reason still isnt anywhere near as busy in terms of posting rates compared to the Aussie touring car forum. Quite baffling really....
Old 17 Nov 2004, 01:17 (Ref:1155600)   #21
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
btw, when I wrote "shirley" I meant "sheila".

Somehow Billy Bragg crept in, though... (greetings to the new brunette)
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 17 Nov 2004, 08:13 (Ref:1155694)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Re: Re: Re: Sportscar & GT Racing Forum description

Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Ive often wondered what those guys in the Australian touring car forum find to talk about! Honestly, its just 1 touring car series, sure its a fairly big series but not say compared to the DTM which gets crowds of 130,000 - what do they really find to talk about? I mean, we (the sportscar fans) have 3 major series, as well as the various other national GT championships and for some reason still isnt anywhere near as busy in terms of posting rates compared to the Aussie touring car forum. Quite baffling really....
But then they probably think much the same about us, and even more the same about the people who live and breathe F1....

Each to his own, variety being the spice of life - n'all that!
Old 17 Nov 2004, 09:49 (Ref:1155760)   #23
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talking about ten tenths substance, could someone give me a "french-friendly" meaning and/or translation of the expression "ten tenths" ?

Why it's linked with motorsport ?

is my question just totally stupid or evident for all of you english-native audience ?

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 17 Nov 2004, 11:10 (Ref:1155815)   #24
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
I think it was Denis Jenkinson who used the term 'ten-tenths' to describe someone driving flat out.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 14:45 (Ref:1155998)   #25
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Quote:
Originally posted by Guy Humpage
I think it was Denis Jenkinson who used the term 'ten-tenths' to describe someone driving flat out.
Yes, and I'm sure Craig didn't think wfo.com (Wide F***ing Open) had quite the same ring.

-Bill James