Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Apr 2000, 05:40 (Ref:2215)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Okee dokee, 1/2 way through, you'd have to say that it is anyones race, but Garth is looking good.

Now id hate to start any F1 styled conspiracy theories here, but how about that tyre wall Howard Marsden placed at the end of the straght??

How about Romano's car? Dont ya think it is time for the team to take it to the dump? For one, the car is 6 years old, for two the car has had about 7 trillion stacks. Now no matter what, when a car has had so many hits, it becomes soft, and no matter how good a job you do of repairing it, the car will loose it's edge. Now havent they had a VT shell since the end of 97? I reckon its time for them to build up the shells, and give bap a new boat anchor with the old one.

And how about this pit stop **** ? let them pit when they want to...
Old 8 Apr 2000, 06:16 (Ref:2216)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok, maybe i should shut my fat fingers!! Sorry i jinxed you Brad....really sorry....

Do we think those tyres are going to be there tomorrow? I reckon we'll be talking about that one for a while....
Old 8 Apr 2000, 06:23 (Ref:2217)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Ok, i better shut up now....the tyres are gone now....
Old 8 Apr 2000, 07:23 (Ref:2218)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
those damm tyres should never have been there in the first place..after larry hit them I said that is very nasty someone is gonna crash big...and then russell came along and hit them and got a fair bit of air and i said see i told ya...and then poor brad just took the cake with his big flip..glad to see he was allright..im only 2 kays from his workshop at the moment so if they dont repair the car i might pop down there next week to take a peek at it...

great race though..lowndes is an absolute legend the way he got past seton in the last few laps...this rule about the pace car thing though needs to be looked into a bit more and probably clarryfied for the teams as well.

carnt wait until tommorrow though.

i think tander might do better and get up for the win.
Old 8 Apr 2000, 09:27 (Ref:2219)   #5
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

First up awesome race - I was on the edge of my seat when Lowndes was chasing down Seton.

Last year there was a problem with the rules which led to controversy (I think it was no repairs overnight wasn't it ?)and this year no pitting under yellow flags appears to have caused more. Very Strange.

Also - I am very disappointed in wih Channel 10 in regards to the online chat staged after the race.

For those of you who didn't try to join in it was advertised nationally and then held in a chat room where only a maximum of 25 people could enter - a tad stupid huh ?

Old 8 Apr 2000, 15:46 (Ref:2220)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yep i tried to get in there as well buckshot but only having 25 people allowed is a bit ridiculous..25 people out of how many thousand..if ya got in then good luck to ya.
Old 8 Apr 2000, 23:18 (Ref:2221)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Well who to win today? I'd have to say it will be back luck for Lowndes for him not to win it again. Heck, he has the speed on the field,Tander was only leading because he was on 1/2 tanks. I wonder how many other people will do a Seton and come in early...
Old 9 Apr 2000, 06:01 (Ref:2222)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
OK, half way through, utterly soaked, the only person i would want to be is the person in charge of Bridgestones back account...they'd make a fortune out of all of the wet tyres theyve sold...

That spin Coleman had....what does that remind you of?
"Senna, spin spin spin!!!"

Well atm Clowndes is looking good....but 1/2 a race to go...