Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 4 Dec 2004, 12:37 (Ref:1170499)   #51
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, I really can't wait to see this! I'll admit I'm sort of stuck in the world of F1 and so this will be a new experience to me, but I am really looking forward to it. Go team GB!
Old 4 Dec 2004, 15:02 (Ref:1170634)   #52
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My bet for strongest line-up has to go to Loeb and Alesi. Loeb for obviously being in his element and Alesi has some rally experience now. Which if I remember he did quite well.
It would have been nice to see a Canadian team. Ron Fellows and one of our Open Wheel stars would have been a good combonation..
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 4 Dec 2004, 15:05 (Ref:1170637)   #53
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh no!

Speed is reporting that Jeff Gordon will be unable to race due to the flu! NASCAR driver Casey Mears, and son of legendary IndyCar racer Rick Mears, will race in his place.

What a shame for Jeff. He really wanted to attend this event...

Danica Patrick
Old 4 Dec 2004, 15:51 (Ref:1170684)   #54
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good action so far.

I'm enjoying this - great to see big names in a relaxed and fun atmosphere.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 17:25 (Ref:1170754)   #55
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All good as far as I'm conserned.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 17:36 (Ref:1170760)   #56
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just was watched the Race of Champions on Eurosport and it was good fun. Sadly both DC and Colin McRae where both knocked out in the 1st round. TGP was beaten in the first round but managed to go through after Tony Kanann hit a barrier and got a 10 second pentley.

The rallying went pretty much to form with a Loeb/Gronholm final with a win for Loeb. The racers final was between TGP/Heikki Kovalainen and it was a win for Heikki Kovalainen he went mad after winning and was climbing on the roof of the Ferrari jumping up and down, he was really really happy.

So on to the overall final they where out in the 307CC first and it was a win for Heikki Kovalainen, he won merit as well, Loeb got a 10 second pentley for hit a barrier. On to the 2nd race this time in a Ferrari 360 this time it was a win for Loeb or was it no he got another pentley so that was another 10 second pentley, handing the win to Kovalainen. So the winner of the Race of Champions 2005 is Heikki Kovalainen.

Well done that man
Old 4 Dec 2004, 18:44 (Ref:1170792)   #57
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The World Champion's Challange between TGP and Loeb, went to TGP, they are on with the Nations Cup at the momment - Finland have already beaten Sweden 2-0.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 18:58 (Ref:1170800)   #58
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Well that Autosport Team GB out then beaten 2-1 by the US of A.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 19:23 (Ref:1170815)   #59
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Oh dear Germany and TGP got knocked out in the 1st round by Brazil. France beat Team France in the 4th first round time. On to the Semi's where Team GB (looks like there was a change in the results) where beaten by Finland.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 19:43 (Ref:1170830)   #60
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
France beat Brazil 2-0 and are in the final againest Autosport Team GB, it doesn't make any sense to me at the momment.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 19:57 (Ref:1170837)   #61
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I see what has happen the website got it wrong the final is between France and Finland, the score at present is 1-1 in a best of 5 shot out.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 19:57 (Ref:1170838)   #62
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The final is Finland against France...
Old 4 Dec 2004, 20:03 (Ref:1170843)   #63
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
The final is now 2-2
Old 4 Dec 2004, 20:10 (Ref:1170850)   #64
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
The Nation Cup goes to France 3-2.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 21:52 (Ref:1170913)   #65
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was the biggest fix ever. Heikki so deserved to win the nations champ for Finland, but the car slowed after half a lap due to mechanical problems. I'm glad Gronholm calmed him down or he would have looked very unprofessional.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 06:20 (Ref:1171043)   #66
11tenths
Rookie

United States
San Francisco, California
11tenths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ROC: Reject-Organized Championship

Absolute **** event management, stellar driving. There are few reasons for jumping on and caving in the roof of a Modena, but beating MS in his own marque in front of 60,000 spectators has to be one of them!

Kovalainen for Williams!
Old 5 Dec 2004, 08:54 (Ref:1171098)   #67
Kicking-back
Veteran

Top notch entertainment - and it's all a bit of fun.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 12:23 (Ref:1171261)   #68
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When I woke up this morning I realized how great the event was, all the great champions, from all the top motor racing series in the world, staring legends and up and coming talent, a great event, although I was a bit annoyed about the number of mechanical failures.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 12:35 (Ref:1171275)   #69
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was great fun, would be better if the track was slightly wider though. and not lets mention DC's performance.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 17:43 (Ref:1171470)   #70
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, DC, the man who wants to be an F1 driver next year.

He was talkiing negatively before the event and turned up with some pretty slow driving.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 18:16 (Ref:1171507)   #71
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
I was very inpressed with the WS by Nissan champion and Pelipe Massa, although Michael was also very good.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 00:04 (Ref:1171834)   #72
Williamp
Racer

Williamp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went and saw it live- fantastic. But why did Michael Schumacher slow on the last half lap of the Nations cup? It looked as if he let the other driver win?

Very odd indeed...
Old 6 Dec 2004, 09:38 (Ref:1172091)   #73
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 6 Dec 2004, 21:04 (Ref:1172810)   #74
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I just got back from a long weekend in Paris, including the race of champions. According to Autosport Schuey slowed in his duel with Heikki because he thought the race was already over!! I have to say I was disappointed that they didn't let Kovaleinnen and Alesi have a rematch, as Alesi only won because other Ferrari broke down (long time since I saw that in a race report!). Overall, it was a fantastic event, but the Ferrari's looked really clumsy on that track, and seemed really tame after the WRCs. Armin Schwarz is now a hero in my eyes - the angles he was throwing the WRC cars at the corners were amazing, Ekstroms massive burnout in the DTM Audi was also pretty damn impressive. Oh, and the French loved Terry Grant's little show (donuts and much more in a Legend and a TVR).

I also went to the Champs Elysee on Sunday morning for the Schumacher/Loeb etc parade. Didn't see a thing, crowd control consisted of police aiming their van at the front row of the crowd and shouting a lot!! I saw a flash of ferrari between people's legs, but the whoe thing was just chaos. Wil definitely be back for the ROC next year though