Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 7 Jan 2000, 19:18 (Ref:7591)   #1
Graham
Veteran

Graham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Trivia chaps,

Is this scheme working?

Are the questions okay/ hard enough/ too hard(!)?

Anything I can do to improve?

Would you like questions about road cars as well as racing?
Old 7 Jan 2000, 20:47 (Ref:7592)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi Graham,

Yep, I'm happy with this. It's going well. If I haven't been seen to be replying to all of the questions, it's usually because Gerard beats me to it.

Or in the case of the Indy lap time, where I spent a happy hour and a half in my library and STILL didn't find the answer.

Thought I'd post the registration plates question under a slightly different heading so that no one would mistake it for a patent Graham question.

After all, you had the idea. I wouldn't want to steal any thunder.

Tell you what, I'll go for the road cars questions too (evidenced by me and Gerard over the Triumph Herald) but I wonder if we ought to concentrate on circuit racing for the time being.

My reasoning? Well, there are an awful lot of F1 forum people who never seem to visit Historic forum, or if they do, never feel the need to post anything. If we can do anything to promote this somewhat exclusive forum in the rest of ten-tenths, it might be an idea. Perhaps some recent seasons trivia, or something about a current F1 pilote's pre Grand Prix career. That might get some new visitors.

What d'ya think?

In the meantime, keep up the good work. The more contentious the questions, the better, and if I come up with any more evil little topics, I'll drop them in from time to time.

PS for all those racking their brains over the registration numbers - a clue:

Despite my avowed fanaticism, NONE OF THEM ARE BENTLEYS.
Old 7 Jan 2000, 20:54 (Ref:7593)   #3
Graham
Veteran

Bloke,

It seems a good idea to encourage chaps from other forums with more recent trivia, but due to my entire and unwavering despising Boremula 1, I think that would be best left to others with more lenient tendencies

Don't be silly about 'stealing thunder'. It's no ego trip for me because I know less than you guys and am just picking the questions from this here game. My problem is not having time to check sources, which has resulted in several hiccups on both clarity and correctness of questions and answers.

I think the future of this trivia thing would be a dedicated poll on the homepage (as Craig has suggested) which would get over the separation of the forums, but that's in the future.

Until I get me Mobil quiz book, I'm going to be posting a few road car questions as they're quite interesting and maybe more accessible to those who haven't watched or been part of racing for a long time.

Cheers dude.
Old 7 Jan 2000, 23:50 (Ref:7594)   #4
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, Graham, it's working.
It's just a pity not many people are contributing to it.
But I like it tremendously.
Diving into my library, finding books I never thought I had.
Speaking only for myself, most of the questions are not that difficult.
If I can't find it in my library, the answer is usually to be found on the internet somewhere.
The reason I'm usually fast in answering the questions is because I'm having a little holliday.
When I'm back at work, I can only go on the Net at 23.00 or 23.30 hours.
Anyway, it's fun!

Gerard.
Old 7 Jan 2000, 23:55 (Ref:7595)   #5
jarama
Racer

jarama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go ahead, Graham:

To me, it's very fun and interesting, indeed.
Old 8 Jan 2000, 00:47 (Ref:7599)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep,

Keep it up Graham. Its certainly attracting posters from other forums, which is good. F1 wasn't always boring and so if you post F1 questions here you are in fact talking about the good times so I wouldn't feel bad about that.
Old 8 Jan 2000, 03:16 (Ref:7596)   #7
Florian Lacroix
Rookie

Florian Lacroix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So hard for us french dude....AAHHH
Old 8 Jan 2000, 04:11 (Ref:7597)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
seems like a good idea graham..the reason I havent posted answers is because simply I dont have a clue...sad but honest.
Old 8 Jan 2000, 05:03 (Ref:7598)   #9
Graham
Veteran

Err... Marcus and Jarama chappies - where the hell do you live? Posting at such early hours you must be either Down Under or in America.

I'm a Brit, so why am I writing this at 5am? Well, I've been trying to get Netscape to talk to the template for the new 10T site so that's taken me since 11pm.

It's nice that you reckon it's going well... I try to pick questions that are hard enough for people like Gerard and Peter yet not completely alien to less anorakesque blokes.

I shall endeavour to keep it up (oo-er missus).
Old 8 Jan 2000, 13:30 (Ref:7600)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yes graham in in Australia ..the time says i posted at 4.11am brit time ..but it was actually 3.00 pm there abouts my time...but anyway now its 12.30am here wonder what time it will say now???
Old 20 Jan 2000, 01:44 (Ref:7601)   #11
jarama
Racer

jarama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, Graham et al:

I'm from Barcelona, and my posts are usually between 1h. and 3h. a.m., before going to sleep.

Apart from this, I've been during 10 days without my CPU -it was under repair-, and U can't imagine my despair... it's been really a hard time, but I'm now back again.