Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jun 2013, 18:22 (Ref:3262234)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fair do's - missed that.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 19:45 (Ref:3262274)   #52
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Running through the GTE AM class on RLM at the moment
Old 13 Jun 2013, 20:49 (Ref:3262315)   #53
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm saving the previews to listen to on the way down
Old 14 Jun 2013, 05:50 (Ref:3262443)   #54
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BBC Radio Five Live next Tuesday at 9pm - hour-long preview of the race with Alan McNish and John Hindhaugh
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b02x93v1
Old 14 Jun 2013, 06:41 (Ref:3262459)   #55
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
.....or even resorting to just looking at cars circulating and enjoying the ambience of the place.
I am a huge fan of the service RLM provides, it is an invaluable and high quality race resource which I would be totally lost without.

But, I made a conscious decision a few years back, not to tune in to RLM during the first few hours of the race, if I could possibly help it. I now follow the race up until the point where I simply cannot keep tabs on what is happening on track, or to the point that there is a major incident (McNish a few years back, for example).

I take the same approach on the Wednesday and Thursday....the cans going on for major incidents and as we approach that time of the evening when we anticipate cars 'going for pole'.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 07:36 (Ref:3262479)   #56
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
t times I to listen and watch the cars without the aid of RLM but I know it is there and can turn it on if something appears to have happened or things are very quiet, at the camp site it is usually playing in the back ground even if we are talking/cooking
Old 14 Jun 2013, 08:15 (Ref:3262503)   #57
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I know it is a necessary evil but if I listen to RLM for too long I get frustrated with the constantly repeated ads.

I tend to watch and listen to the race then catch up with the RLM updates for short periods
Old 14 Jun 2013, 08:20 (Ref:3262508)   #58
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Talking about RLM and adverts, I'm still looking for a soundfile of the
Dodge/Chrysler Viper ad of the late 90's about a guy with a small house, with a small kitchen, small bedroom, small living and a BIG GARAGE!!!!

Anybody?
Old 14 Jun 2013, 09:04 (Ref:3262547)   #59
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I know it is a necessary evil but if I listen to RLM for too long I get frustrated with the constantly repeated ads.

I tend to watch and listen to the race then catch up with the RLM updates for short periods
A few things begin to grate after 24 hours but I reckon I listened to it for every minute of every session (when my radio was working) the last two years.

My only complaint really is that between them they will routinely mis-identify cars and parts of the track.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 09:08 (Ref:3262550)   #60
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
A few mistakes and the odd inaccuracies make RLM if they got everything right would we be happier i think not
Old 14 Jun 2013, 09:22 (Ref:3262556)   #61
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
A few mistakes and the odd inaccuracies make RLM if they got everything right would we be happier i think not
Like Nick Damen calling a Toyota a Peugeot
Old 14 Jun 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3262558)   #62
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Mistakes dont really bother me - it happens, after all most of the guys are just enthusiasts like you and me but who have decided to link their passion with their business
Old 14 Jun 2013, 19:28 (Ref:3262761)   #63
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I am a huge fan of the service RLM provides, it is an invaluable and high quality race resource which I would be totally lost without.

But, I made a conscious decision a few years back, not to tune in to RLM during the first few hours of the race, if I could possibly help it. I now follow the race up until the point where I simply cannot keep tabs on what is happening on track, or to the point that there is a major incident (McNish a few years back, for example).

I take the same approach on the Wednesday and Thursday....the cans going on for major incidents and as we approach that time of the evening when we anticipate cars 'going for pole'.
That sounds like a nice way of doing things. I think I shall be strong at play that game this year.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3262818)   #64
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post

It's an interesting one about advertising. I think we all appreciate that they've got to pay the bills, and that Le Mans is presumably a big pay day for them that makes it possible to do Midweek Motorsport and coverage of things like the ELMLS, but sometimes it works (the "fun facts about Gulf Oil" from a few years back worked well), and sometime it grates a little more, when the content provided is a little more like what I associate with 1980s local cinema ads for a local carpet shop, or the magnificent Rainham Sheds).

When at the track the adverts bother a lot less, largely I think because ultimately it's a minor backing soundtrack to something a lot more spectacular.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 21:23 (Ref:3262825)   #65
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TK may be Mr Le Mans, but I'd put Hindy up there with him as the voice of Le Mans, or even sports car racing for me. Between RLM and Andy's spotters guides, it enhances the experience a lot
Old 14 Jun 2013, 21:55 (Ref:3262842)   #66
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I love RLM. Hindy and the RLM crew take commentary to another level. This is noticed especially when we are forced to listen to other commentary, such as the ALMS this year, and that's no offense to Jeremy Shaw, as he is a great commentator as well. Btw, there's lot's of other great commentators broadcasting sports car racing in Europe. Watching and listening to many sports car racing series from here in the antipodes (as Hindy calls us here in Aus ) we appreciate the expert, passionate and FREE coverage we get.
I realize that RLM wouldn't exist without the backing of it's sponsors, but I really hope that Nissan tone down their level of control of the RLM commentary this year. It got quite tedious when their spruikers took over last year.
Old 15 Jun 2013, 06:41 (Ref:3262910)   #67
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
This is noticed especially when we are forced to listen to other commentary, such as the ALMS this year, and that's no offense to Jeremy Shaw, as he is a great commentator as well.
Jeremy Shaw is pulling double-duty once again this year in the Eurosport booth and in the pitlane for Radio Le Mans.
Old 15 Jun 2013, 11:50 (Ref:3263001)   #68
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
TK may be Mr Le Mans, but I'd put Hindy up there with him as the voice of Le Mans, or even sports car racing for me. Between RLM and Andy's spotters guides, it enhances the experience a lot
For me, as I've got to know him quite well over the years, Trussers is always the 'voice of Le Mans' as far as I'm concerned!
Old 15 Jun 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3263017)   #69
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
'Voice of reason at Le Mans'
Old 16 Jun 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3263216)   #70
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'The human calculator'
Old 16 Jun 2013, 09:37 (Ref:3263342)   #71
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Trussers is the glue that keeps it all together.
Old 17 Jun 2013, 16:36 (Ref:3263889)   #72
tonypowe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridgeshire
tonypowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to post my thanks to everyone at Radio le Mans for their excellent coverage everywhere they go. I agree that Le 24 Heures du Mans would still be running and popular, and a great experience even without RLM but to be without this additional entertainment and information having had it for so long would definitely now feel wrong. Just to explain how it is for me – last weekend I was listening to the Practise Day on RLM whilst working on my sons car and just the sound of the RLM team (even minus the most excellent Trussers) had me trackside. When I have had the unfortunate situation of not being able to get to Le Mans then any TV coverage is accompanied by RLM commentary as it seems to me to be the best there is. I mean where else could you hear an American completely muller the word Pooogohhhh!

Having recently been to the dark side and paid a fortune to go to a Grand Prix imagine my disappointment that there was no circuit radio commentary so you have to put up with trying to hear something over the trackside PA – with the noise of F1 cars ! So if you cant see a big screen you don’t get to know who is doing what in qually ( a bit like Silverstone WEC qually in fact ;-)).

Clearly with the advances in communication we may in the future have other ways of getting some of this information, but the analysis from Mr Truswell and exuberant commentary from the team will still be an integral part of the Le Mans experience for me. Long may it continue.
Old 17 Jun 2013, 20:28 (Ref:3263983)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Absolutely!

Tony, James and I are looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and we will do our best to assist your recovery from the dark side and the dastardly machinations of the most holy evil emperor Bernie......;
Old 17 Jun 2013, 22:40 (Ref:3264048)   #74
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Starting to get officially excited now!! Have just downloaded all 4 parts of the RLM previews and the Scrutineering podcast as well. Looking forward to the journey down, on Wednesday, early. Will be able to listen to all of them on the way down
Old 18 Jun 2013, 10:17 (Ref:3264275)   #75
Mal
Veteran

England
London
via a tweet from RLM I see there is a preview programme on radio 5 live this evening: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b02x93v1