Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Which driver combination will win the Pirtek Enduro Cup?
#2 Pye/Luff WP HOLDEN 0 0%
#3 Russell/Douglas LDM HOLDEN 0 0%
#5 Winterbottom/Canto PRA FORD 0 0%
#6 Waters/Stanaway PRA FORD 0 0%
#7 T.Kelly/Le Brocq NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#8 Percat/Jones BJR HOLDEN 0 0%
#9 Reynolds/Youlden Erebus HOLDEN 0 0%
#12 Coulthard/D'Alberto DJRTP FORD 2 6.90%
#14 Slade/Walsh BJR HOLDEN 1 3.45%
#15 R.Kelly/Wall NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#17 McLaughlin/Premat DJRTP FORD 7 24.14%
#18 Holdsworth/Reindler CSR HOLDEN 0 0%
#19 W.Davison/Webb Tekno HOLDEN 0 0%
#21 Blanchard/Hazelwood TBR HOLDEN 0 0%
#22 Courtney/Perkins WP HOLDEN 0 0%
#23 Caruso/Fiore NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#33 Tander/Golding GRM HOLDEN 0 0%
#34 Moffat/Muscat GRM HOLDEN 0 0%
#55 Mostert/Owen PRA FORD 1 3.45%
#56 Bright/Jacobson PRA FORD 1 3.45%
#62 Rullo/A.Davison LDM HOLDEN 1 3.45%
#78 de Silvestro/D.Russell NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#88 Whincup/Dumbrell 888 HOLDEN 7 24.14%
#97 van Gisbergen/Campbell 888 HOLDEN 6 20.69%
#99 Wood/Pither Erebus HOLDEN 0 0%
#888 Lowndes/Richards 888 HOLDEN 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Jul 2017, 09:23 (Ref:3753273)   #126
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Yeah, I believe it still does.

There's an EL in that livery too.
Sleuthing Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 Jul 2017, 09:30 (Ref:3753276)   #127
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is that metallic purple paint as per the original? It doesn't look right. Another Ellery-mobile had a more modest solid purple colour.
Old 21 Jul 2017, 09:34 (Ref:3753277)   #128
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, the '99 livery was metalic.
Old 21 Jul 2017, 11:07 (Ref:3753293)   #129
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Triple 8s recruit won his first Supercup win in Austria tonight.
Matty Campbell, a brilliant talent and an even nicer person. A hometown hero for myself in a way, know of a few people who helped fund him, at least he has the talent to prove worth and why he was funded
Old 23 Jul 2017, 10:26 (Ref:3753721)   #130
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Two Holden Motosport-funded liveries on a Ford..
interesting..
Old 23 Jul 2017, 10:31 (Ref:3753724)   #131
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Huges, although not the designer of the above artworks, is not happy. As you say, the artworks were former employer, HMS' in-house designs for PWR and PMM.
Old 23 Jul 2017, 11:38 (Ref:3753732)   #132
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Mr Huges, although not the designer of the above artworks, is not happy. As you say, the artworks were former employer, HMS' in-house designs for PWR and PMM.
Unfortunately for Mr Hughes its not up to him, its up to the sponsor really. The majority of the retro supercheap cars are holden so not much option.
Old 23 Jul 2017, 12:08 (Ref:3753734)   #133
Umai Naa
Veteran

He is aware of that.
Old 23 Jul 2017, 14:03 (Ref:3753760)   #134
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
Unfortunately for Mr Hughes its not up to him, its up to the sponsor really. The majority of the retro supercheap cars are holden so not much option.
It isn't the first time that a HMS livery has been borrowed without signoff. The Percat 'Freightliner' livery is also apparently an HMS-funded work, for LDM, that was reapplied, inverted, to the BJR car.

The sponsor owns their logos if thy have trademarked them. The IP within the colour selection and the layout of the design across the body of the vehicle arguably belongs to the designer of the artwork.

It isn't a particularly grey area, however HMS are not likely to go to court to stop a Ford team from running that livery so as not to pish off the sponsor, who sponsors the B1000, and may again become a Holden team sponsor once again.
Old 23 Jul 2017, 21:59 (Ref:3753833)   #135
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
The sponsor owns their logos if thy have trademarked them. The IP within the colour selection and the layout of the design across the body of the vehicle arguably belongs to the designer of the artwork.
Rather depends on the sponsorship agreement and commercial agreement with the designer doesn't it? I've known sponsors have ownership of the whole design before now (not just their existing logo) so that they have ownership and control on how their brand is presented.
Old 23 Jul 2017, 22:33 (Ref:3753838)   #136
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Rather depends on the sponsorship agreement and commercial agreement with the designer doesn't it? I've known sponsors have ownership of the whole design before now (not just their existing logo) so that they have ownership and control on how their brand is presented.
Sure, however if the sponsor doesn't organise and pay for the design and a motor distributor does instead, IP may not have passed onto the sponsor..
Old 23 Jul 2017, 23:06 (Ref:3753842)   #137
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Sure, however if the sponsor doesn't organise and pay for the design and a motor distributor does instead, IP may not have passed onto the sponsor..
Unless the sponsor agreement provided for that IP to be passed on - short version, none of us know who owns what IP on car liveries unless we've seen the agreements.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 08:13 (Ref:3753892)   #138
Umai Naa
Veteran

Mr Morris has now stated that the PMM-utilised livery is PMM IP, and has granted SCA the right to use it on the #55 car.
Old 25 Jul 2017, 03:29 (Ref:3754144)   #139
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Mr Morris has now stated that the PMM-utilised livery is PMM IP, and has granted SCA the right to use it on the #55 car.
For him especially it makes a lot of sense given his relationship with PRA.
Old 25 Jul 2017, 04:01 (Ref:3754150)   #140
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
For him especially it makes a lot of sense given his relationship with PRA.
And SuperCheap on the PMM sprintcar and stadium super truck..
Old 25 Jul 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3754219)   #141
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder who owned the livery IP in 1989 and 1990 when Glenn Seton's Peter Jackson Sierra's and Chris Lambden's Beaurepaires Commodore & Skyline ran basically the exact same liveries ......
Old 26 Jul 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3754576)   #142
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
I wonder who owned the livery IP in 1989 and 1990 when Glenn Seton's Peter Jackson Sierra's and Chris Lambden's Beaurepaires Commodore & Skyline ran basically the exact same liveries ......
Or the Skippy Parsons commodore
http://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.c...Lakeside94.jpg
Old 29 Jul 2017, 14:46 (Ref:3755473)   #143
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Story out of Queensland this weekend seems to have MWR down as interested in running a wildcard at Bathurst this year. It seems the young fella who took Mr Kelly's Altima for a run on Friday, and a bloke Mr Caruso doesn't like too much from their coming together recently may just be pairing up in one of their team's 3 Altimas for that race.

There is no noise out of Supercarland about a request for entry, perhaps because there is a possibility this car may take over an existing REC slot for that weekend... in place of the said team having to field 2 cars...

Stranger things have gone on before, presuming any of this actually happened
Old 29 Jul 2017, 21:55 (Ref:3755695)   #144
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Story out of Queensland this weekend seems to have MWR down as interested in running a wildcard at Bathurst this year. It seems the young fella who took Mr Kelly's Altima for a run on Friday, and a bloke Mr Caruso doesn't like too much from their coming together recently may just be pairing up in one of their team's 3 Altimas for that race.

There is no noise out of Supercarland about a request for entry, perhaps because there is a possibility this car may take over an existing REC slot for that weekend... in place of the said team having to field 2 cars...

Translation:
MWR to run Bryce Fullwood and Shae Davies in a Nissan at Bathurst in the second LDM slot.

Possibly.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 00:45 (Ref:3755739)   #145
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks mayhem for translating

GTR. just say it for crying out loud
Old 30 Jul 2017, 01:03 (Ref:3755748)   #146
Umai Naa
Veteran

The convoluted riddles are a refreshing change from some of the other garabge that gets posted on here.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 23:13 (Ref:3756558)   #147
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

Which one, Caruso doesn't like two of the idiots out of MWM. Both Le Brocq and Davies have taken him out. In Davies defence that was a racing incident but Jack on the weekend just showed why he needs more time to learn. That was stupid.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 23:29 (Ref:3756559)   #148
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Which one, Caruso doesn't like two of the idiots out of MWM. Both Le Brocq and Davies have taken him out. In Davies defence that was a racing incident but Jack on the weekend just showed why he needs more time to learn. That was stupid.
I thought JLB was taken out by caruso, Both commentators agree with me.

Got to leave room
Old 31 Jul 2017, 23:56 (Ref:3756564)   #149
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Webb Unconfirmed at Tekno, A.Davison Likely at LDM
Old 1 Aug 2017, 03:19 (Ref:3756579)   #150
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I thought JLB was taken out by caruso, Both commentators agree with me.

Got to leave room

Don't often agree with you Pecky but you got this one right.
The only stupid one was Caruso.