Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jan 2020, 20:30 (Ref:3952815)   #326
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Terence, did you already test your Capri at Spa? Is the Raidillon flat out for you? Not for me obviously…
Old 22 Jan 2020, 22:16 (Ref:3952823)   #327
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
A new career as a SIM driver coach looms on the horizon, Gordon.
Again, my mechanic is earning £££ coaching sim drivers.

And here's one for the railway enthusiasts. An FB friend of mine has been posting about how much he's enjoying his train sim. He's been driving steam trains, classic and modern diesels the lot. Including getting out and switching points in the rain, shunting trucks, keeping to timetables, the lot.

It really is a different world.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 22 Jan 2020, 22:41 (Ref:3952826)   #328
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm launching a new a sim game where you can drive from my house to Tesco, Sainsbury, Lidl, Aldi, Waitrose, or the corner shop. I wonder if anyone can beat my actual journey times?
Old 22 Jan 2020, 23:34 (Ref:3952840)   #329
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You'll need to put some money down. Sim Farmer recently had a £250k prize fund.

But yes, people would be interested in your new game.

Old 23 Jan 2020, 05:50 (Ref:3952861)   #330
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Terence, did you already test your Capri at Spa? Is the Raidillon flat out for you? Not for me obviously…
Well, it's running, everything as hoped for on the Rolling road😃
Having revamped the steering geometry a bit though have found that the track rod ends are a little short on thread, only about 10mm onto the steering arm. Not best pleased about that. So am looking for steering arm extensions in UNF thread as at the moment can only find them in M14 thread size.
I would hope the be just about flat after the crest on Le Raidillon though,
Without using any kerbing at all, I think it possible. Should find out in early March. Steering issue sorted that is. 😀
Old 23 Jan 2020, 06:29 (Ref:3952865)   #331
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Political Correctness reaches Bingo! No longer ‘two fat ladies- eighty-eight’, but ‘Wills and Kate- eighty-eight’.......

And there’s more, if anyone can be remotely bothered to find out!
Old 26 Jan 2020, 11:45 (Ref:3953681)   #332
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snow drops Jan 2020.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	3.04 MB
ID:	56895
That time of year again, first snow drops on my way to work this morning on my bike. Don't think I have seen them out this early in the year.
Old 26 Jan 2020, 13:12 (Ref:3953713)   #333
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Political Correctness reaches Bingo! No longer ‘two fat ladies- eighty-eight’, but ‘Wills and Kate- eighty-eight’.......

Not Bingo related but is seems a but unfair leave Billy's brother out of rhyming slang parlance.

So how about "Meghan and Harry" for "Cash and Carry?"

Or maybe "On the boil" could be "Sussex Royal". Or perhaps "Sussex roil"?
Old 26 Jan 2020, 13:32 (Ref:3953730)   #334
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Attachment 56895
That time of year again, first snow drops on my way to work this morning on my bike. Don't think I have seen them out this early in the year.
First time in many years that 50percent of the Stork and Crane populations have stayed here instead of flying south Iain. Snow drops just starting to push through. And we are 1500 feet up.
Strange this morning when walking Paddy, no frost up here but plenty down in the valleys. They call it inversion🤔🙄
Old 26 Jan 2020, 17:08 (Ref:3953833)   #335
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
First time in many years that 50percent of the Stork and Crane populations have stayed here instead of flying south Iain. Snow drops just starting to push through. And we are 1500 feet up.
Strange this morning when walking Paddy, no frost up here but plenty down in the valleys. They call it inversion����
Rolling mist too?
Old 26 Jan 2020, 17:26 (Ref:3953843)   #336
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Back in my schooldays (yes, a long time ago} someone suggested that 88 should be Bishops Bo**ocks which has stayed with me ever since! (I even chose that for my racing number in the few Mosdaloon races I did!)
Old 26 Jan 2020, 19:00 (Ref:3953895)   #337
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Attachment 56895
They were out at Kew beginning of the month, but central London bit warmer, so expected!
Old 26 Jan 2020, 21:23 (Ref:3953916)   #338
midgetman
Veteran

We've got daffodils pushing on through here. Buds are tight, but you can definitely see the yellow.

Old 26 Jan 2020, 22:14 (Ref:3953925)   #339
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Right in good old Terry Wogan memorie first one to here a cookooo. I still miss Terry, radio has never been the same
Old 27 Jan 2020, 08:47 (Ref:3953957)   #340
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
We've got daffodils pushing on through here. Buds are tight, but you can definitely see the yellow.

....and to think this was supposed to be the longest, coldest most arctic-like winter we had ever experienced!

I suppose the doom-mongers were hedging their bets so that whichever way it went they could blame it on "climate change" (man made of course!).
Old 27 Jan 2020, 09:32 (Ref:3953973)   #341
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
....and to think this was supposed to be the longest, coldest most arctic-like winter we had ever experienced!

I suppose the doom-mongers were hedging their bets so that whichever way it went they could blame it on "climate change" (man made of course!).
It's true, we're going to have icemagedan here in the UK tonight with temps as cold as -10c in northern Scotland and down to -2 in Cornwall. This seems pretty normal for January going into February although I did have a FB memory come up the other day showing a photo of the temp at 18c this time 4 years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
12417622_10153218162736356_4374831088835012262_n.jpg  
Old 27 Jan 2020, 10:42 (Ref:3953976)   #342
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Not one of the "Doom Mongers " predictions of " Climate change " have ever been right .
Their " Arctic Ice all gone " by 10 or 15 years ago , their " Kids in the UK will never see snow again " , and every other story they came up with have all proved to be lies .

But Alaska has been getting a very hard Winter , Greenland has recently hit a new record low of minus 66 degrees C , so it would seem that Winter is not over yet . And we often get what N America has been having a week or two later .
Old 27 Jan 2020, 11:04 (Ref:3953979)   #343
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've seen a number of reports that the latest Suzuki Jimny which only came out in the last 18-months or so may be withdrawn from the UK / EU market as it's 'old-ish' engine is dragging down the overall emissions targets that the company has to hit in the EU.

It's been a runaway sales success but apparently UK dealers have now been told to stop taking new orders - there was already along waiting list.

The suggestion is it might be reintroduced minus rear seats as a commercial vehicle which will apparently remove it from the scope of the emissions targets.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 11:44 (Ref:3953990)   #344
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
I've seen a number of reports that the latest Suzuki Jimny which only came out in the last 18-months or so may be withdrawn from the UK / EU market as it's 'old-ish' engine is dragging down the overall emissions targets that the company has to hit in the EU.

It's been a runaway sales success but apparently UK dealers have now been told to stop taking new orders - there was already along waiting list.

The suggestion is it might be reintroduced minus rear seats as a commercial vehicle which will apparently remove it from the scope of the emissions targets.
Suzuki have confirmed that the Jimny will remain in sale in the UK throughout 2020, but in limited numbers.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 12:59 (Ref:3953999)   #345
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Suzuki have confirmed that the Jimny will remain in sale in the UK throughout 2020, but in limited numbers.
Yes, that's right John but they have been very cagey about beyond that. Anyone in the UK who has one now could be on to an early 'modern classic'.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 13:13 (Ref:3954004)   #346
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
There’s a lot of manipulation been going on- some cars withdrawn from sale, and others limited. Bizarre but Hyundai / Kia restricted sales of their EVs last year so that they could sell more this year- in order to reduce their CO2 average and thus fines......
Old 27 Jan 2020, 13:43 (Ref:3954011)   #347
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And now for something completely different . [ RIP Terry Jones }

Had a look at Felixstowe dock where the MSC Febe had come in the weekend .

One of the 4? largest container ships in the world . 400 M long , gross tonnage of 210,000 .
Not sure if it still correct , but a couple of years ago there were only 3 ports in the UK that could handle ships that big , & actually none in America .

But the sheer size is quite overwhelming .
Old 27 Jan 2020, 14:00 (Ref:3954015)   #348
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:

No that was just the Daily Express and its wildly doom laden forecasts. It's traditional for them to write sensationalist rubbish that they never admit was wrong. Which it is every time.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 14:14 (Ref:3954023)   #349
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
And now for something completely different . [ RIP Terry Jones }

Had a look at Felixstowe dock where the MSC Febe had come in the weekend .

One of the 4? largest container ships in the world . 400 M long , gross tonnage of 210,000 .
Not sure if it still correct , but a couple of years ago there were only 3 ports in the UK that could handle ships that big , & actually none in America .

But the sheer size is quite overwhelming .
And the worrying thing is they could soon be driverless...
Old 27 Jan 2020, 14:15 (Ref:3954024)   #350
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
No that was just the Daily Express and its wildly doom laden forecasts. It's traditional for them to write sensationalist rubbish that they never admit was wrong. Which it is every time.
Ah, but I didn't read it in the Daily Express! I think it was something that was being touted around in the press generally three or four months ago.
Closed Thread