Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jan 2021, 16:51 (Ref:4028459)   #251
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I saw this on FB and thought of Iain
Attached Thumbnails
138768900_762473988038392_3842789755904890727_n.jpg  
Old 12 Jan 2021, 16:53 (Ref:4028461)   #252
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
This time last year, I was knocked flat by something that gave me a high temperature, a cough and headache. At the time I had no idea what it was but a couple of days sleeping and I was able to get out and about. Since then I haven't had a cold or flu which is strange for me since I usually suffer at least twice per year. The symptoms appear to be similar to what you've suffered Bob, so I wonder if I got a mild dose of covid.
I don't think this vaccine works in the same way. It's something that neutralises the protein spikes, it doesn't do it by giving you a v mild dose.

And the reason you've not had cold or flu? Social distancing! It works.
Old 12 Jan 2021, 17:08 (Ref:4028467)   #253
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
245 hours after my Covid Jab, I am feeling a little under the weather, initially all was well, but after an hour I started to feel rather miserable (best I can do to describe it) a bit feverish, and flushed in the face. A couple of paracetemol sorted it, but I did start to eat a lot, unusual at that time of the day, also had a slightly upset tummy. Nothing very dramatic, but definitely something was upsetting my delicate health

Slept rather badly at night , half awake and half asleep (no comments Viv), still felt a bit groggy all morning, but now just rather tired.

I would say that this was as advertised by the Doc who stuck the needle in, and it is quite mild. Mrs B who had her jab at the same time, has had no problems at all.

Not so happy days!

Baub.
Hopefully after a restful evening and a good nights sleep you'll be feeling a bit better. Please keep us posted.
Old 12 Jan 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4028468)   #254
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I don't think this vaccine works in the same way. It's something that neutralises the protein spikes, it doesn't do it by giving you a v mild dose.

And the reason you've not had cold or flu? Social distancing! It works.
Not sure I'm doing any more social distancing, I'm an unsociable ******* anyway.
Old 12 Jan 2021, 17:13 (Ref:4028470)   #255
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
This time last year, I was knocked flat by something that gave me a high temperature, a cough and headache. At the time I had no idea what it was but a couple of days sleeping and I was able to get out and about. Since then I haven't had a cold or flu which is strange for me since I usually suffer at least twice per year. The symptoms appear to be similar to what you've suffered Bob, so I wonder if I got a mild dose of covid.
I had the same late last January two days in bed, high temp, sore throat (not had a sore throat since I had my tonsils removed in 1963) cough and difficulty breathing and it took months to fully recover. The probable reason you, and I, havent had the usual colds or flu since is because we are now all keeping distances and washing hands regularly and generally being careful, well I am anyway.
BTW, hope you feel better soon Bob.
Old 12 Jan 2021, 18:44 (Ref:4028488)   #256
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hope you are feeling better and back to normal asap Bob, and hopefully no more side effects when you get jab #2. Pleased to hear Mrs B is side effect free.
Old 12 Jan 2021, 18:52 (Ref:4028491)   #257
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Tu rigoles, "Dave"! After so many years enduring her half, this young Lady must be bullet proof!
Did you hear about side effects on the forum?
Its either you shake like hell, your temp is sky high, you speak like a 6 month kid, are totally disoriented, buy a Peugeot oooooor you are member of the Stupido Club for you entire life!
Old 12 Jan 2021, 18:54 (Ref:4028494)   #258
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Tu rigoles, "Dave"! After so many years enduring her half, this young Lady must be bullet proof!
Did you hear about side effects on the forum?
Its either you shake like hell, your temp is sky high, you speak like a 6 month kid, are totally disoriented, buy a Peugeot oooooor you are member of the Stupido Club for you entire life!
At least two there for me Gerry!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 12 Jan 2021, 19:03 (Ref:4028498)   #259
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Il est bon et réconfortant, par ces temps incertains, de savoir sur qui on peut compter, Max! Thanks for your support!
Go Stupidos, vamos, forza, join now!
Old 12 Jan 2021, 19:40 (Ref:4028505)   #260
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Peter, one gets plenty of literature along with the needle, and it lists the main symptoms of Covid as ; A new continuous cough, a high temperature, and loss of sense of smell. A cough is not uncommon at this time of year as is a high temperature, so if you can still smell the roses, or at least the coffee, i suppose you not suffering from Coronavirus. If you have lost that sense, please do not post on here for at least three weeks.

Keep safe, and save the TTF.
Old 12 Jan 2021, 20:21 (Ref:4028509)   #261
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else had a request to go on a covid anti-body test research study?
Old 12 Jan 2021, 21:27 (Ref:4028519)   #262
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
If you have lost that sense, please do not post on here for at least three weeks.
Is the lost of sense of humor listed too with the "needell", Bob? Keep safe Mon Ami.
Old 12 Jan 2021, 22:53 (Ref:4028534)   #263
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Anyone else had a request to go on a covid anti-body test research study?
Not so far but if it's going to be somewhere sunny where do I apply?

I did sign up for the Ipsos Mori PCR Home Test gig and the courier picked that up yesterday. Yodel though so whether it will ever be seen again ...

Is the antibody test another ostensibly nation wide randomised age balanced sort of research project?
Old 13 Jan 2021, 06:15 (Ref:4028575)   #264
midgetman
Veteran

My mum was chosen for the random Covid test survey. It was run by the ONS so she felt she was doing something for the national good.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 13 Jan 2021, 08:48 (Ref:4028591)   #265
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Not so far but if it's going to be somewhere sunny where do I apply?

I did sign up for the Ipsos Mori PCR Home Test gig and the courier picked that up yesterday. Yodel though so whether it will ever be seen again ...

Is the antibody test another ostensibly nation wide randomised age balanced sort of research project?
This may help explain.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/...ct-study/faqs/
Old 13 Jan 2021, 09:32 (Ref:4028598)   #266
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy to report that I am now back to my normal self (sorry about that), the symptoms lasted a little over 24 hours, and never kept me from day-today activities.

Thank you for your kind words,

Bob.
Old 13 Jan 2021, 09:38 (Ref:4028636)   #267
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Glad to hear it Bob.
Old 13 Jan 2021, 09:44 (Ref:4028639)   #268
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Thank you for your kind words
Ha mince, c'est pas de chance ça…*RIP, Bob, you'll be missed.
Did you let the notice to change your dedicated calendar date? Did you make the choice for the front page as a last will?

Welcome back, old fart!
Old 13 Jan 2021, 10:01 (Ref:4028653)   #269
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Happy to report that I am now back to my normal self (sorry about that), the symptoms lasted a little over 24 hours, and never kept me from day-today activities.

Bob.
Marvellous, so battle can re-commence!
Old 13 Jan 2021, 10:30 (Ref:4028658)   #270
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Marvellous, so battle can re-commence!
* Grabs popcorn and a bottle of red......*

Oh and great to hear 'twas just a temporary glitch Bob, and normal service is resumed..
Old 13 Jan 2021, 12:39 (Ref:4028689)   #271
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Ah. The REACT tests continuing. There are, no doubt, some useful insights to be discovered and the more data the better assuming that they can successfully work out what might be dodgy information (there will always be some) and how to either exclude it or clean it up and make some use of it.

I think the numbers for the PCR tests (swabs) will continue to be higher for now but the Lateral Flow stuff, over time, may be useful for early identification of how much immunity might be expected and how long it will last.

In simple terms is this a one dose fix (via infection or vaccine) or should we expect an annual battle (or even a constant battle) and mass vaccine based solutions far into the future. Or something in between - though if that is to be the outcome I do wonder how long it will take populations to accept such a prognosis.

It seems like a good idea to join the test if offered the opportunity.
Old 13 Jan 2021, 13:23 (Ref:4028707)   #272
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Bob.
Yeaaaaa.
Old 13 Jan 2021, 13:26 (Ref:4028709)   #273
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Who is next from here , Gordon ?
Old 13 Jan 2021, 13:45 (Ref:4028714)   #274
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
You can safely assume it won't be me or Gerard!
Old 13 Jan 2021, 14:13 (Ref:4028724)   #275
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I'm still hibernating in my cave but I haven't heard anything regarding a test or the jab. My sister who is 82 hasn't been informed of anything at all is hoping that she will be called soon, however my brother who is 80 has had the jab ! The funny thing is that we all live in the same village and have done since the year dot ! my brother has a different doctors practice to my big sister and me so it's not a postcode lottery
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cave Christmas-0.png
Views:	3
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	66289
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Closed Thread