Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 16 Apr 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4046222)   #1901
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I noticed that it's (justracing) birthday today, Happy Birthday
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Apr 2021, 12:40 (Ref:4046230)   #1902
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I am pleased to say I had my zap of AstraZeneca yesterday & all is well, no side effects or anything.

I didn't get a boiled sweet though...
Old 16 Apr 2021, 12:52 (Ref:4046234)   #1903
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Indeed, a very happy birthday to JR.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 12:59 (Ref:4046236)   #1904
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Thanks to all on here, looking forward to getting back trackside sometime (spectating that is) when the powers that be permit. Thee are only a certain number of positions to take on the armchair.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 13:31 (Ref:4046244)   #1905
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Happy birthday, monsieur justracing. Treat yourself and your armchair…https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamasutra;)
Old 16 Apr 2021, 14:42 (Ref:4046254)   #1906
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We got kicked off the kart track early today because these things turned up. Apparently they're racing over six hours tomorrow.

Watched a few going round, they weren't very fast. My 8 year old drivers seem faster.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 16 Apr 2021, 14:46 (Ref:4046256)   #1907
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think a work colleague is running one of the scooter teams.

Which track is it?

Last edited by andy97; 16 Apr 2021 at 15:01.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 17:22 (Ref:4046275)   #1908
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Hou lÃ* lÃ*, Monsieur Max, risky business to call things a nice batch of Lambretta's on this part of the forum…
Old 16 Apr 2021, 17:32 (Ref:4046279)   #1909
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Not surprised a kart is quicker - much lower centre of gravity, four wheels and much lower weight at a guess
Old 16 Apr 2021, 17:41 (Ref:4046282)   #1910
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hope John will confirm but I remember the time when Renault F1 used to do some practice at Croix en Ternois, moons ago. Eventually a small batch of kart 250 racers came to embarras them and establish a new record. Heureusement, le ridicule ne tue pas!
Old 16 Apr 2021, 17:42 (Ref:4046283)   #1911
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just seen the newly released provisional entry list for CSCC Donington at end of May....

Out of 12 races, 6 are full (40) with up to 12 reserves, and the others have entries of 28, 33, 32, 27, 17 and 16 - not bad with about six weeks to go

I see Andy Y has his entry in in two races, and a certain Mr Langridge has his Mustang entered, too. Also spotted Jason and Louise Kennedy entered in two races, in an Abarth 695 evo and a Skyline. Paul D is out with us in Future Classics of course.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 17:47 (Ref:4046284)   #1912
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Hope John will confirm but I remember the time when Renault F1 used to do some practice at Croix en Ternois, moons ago. Eventually a small batch of kart 250 racers came to embarras them and establish a new record. Heureusement, le ridicule ne tue pas!
I don't know that story, but having seen some rather serious karts racing at Croix, I would imagine it is possible.

Williams also used to test at Croix, in preparation for the Monaco GP.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 17:52 (Ref:4046286)   #1913
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Very good news. Interesting to see what strategy Paul will adopt. Try to finish 31" ahead or let the most dangerous competitor win… Suspens at the maximum! Andy? pedal to the metal and no excuse!
Old 16 Apr 2021, 18:13 (Ref:4046293)   #1914
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I think a work colleague is running one of the scooter teams.

Which track is it?
Whilton Mill, just up the road from Silverstone.

Old 16 Apr 2021, 18:14 (Ref:4046294)   #1915
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Hou lÃ* lÃ*, Monsieur Max, risky business to call things a nice batch of Lambretta's on this part of the forum…
I carefully didn't call them anything Gérard!

Old 16 Apr 2021, 18:28 (Ref:4046296)   #1916
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Many years ago , Rene Arnoux ,[ I think ] , did some testing in Martin Hines,s 250 International Kart . Am fairly sure that afterwards he said that he could put it on pole for the Monaco GP.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 19:16 (Ref:4046299)   #1917
midgetman
Veteran

That's a bit optimistic but they certainly outran an F3 car at Silverstone and could live with an F1 car on acceleration back in the day.

It's a special breed of driver in long circuits too. One guy crashed at Castle Combe some years back and was technically dead at the side of the road. They revived him and he made the grid for race two.

Old 16 Apr 2021, 19:19 (Ref:4046300)   #1918
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I carefully didn't call them anything Gérard!
You did right methinks…
Ha, Tel, now you name Martin Hines I remember what a great champion he was. On pole at Monaco back in the day? Not impossible at all.

Max, where on earth did you find the "é" of my firstname? Thanks!
Old 16 Apr 2021, 19:35 (Ref:4046301)   #1919
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Max, where on earth did you find the "é" of my firstname? Thanks!

On my keyboard, its AltGr and e = é. I must admit that I don't know what it would be on his mobile, though, so a good question.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 19:35 (Ref:4046302)   #1920
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Max and tel with your comments I wonder if the best lap at Magny-Cours was not held, at least for a time, by a 250. Its not specially a slow track, not really fast either, my old GT3 made 245kmh before Adelaïde hairpin.

Talking about special breed of driver I've been very much impressed by the three wheeler drivers when they came at Montlhéry. Gosh a Morgan-Jap can outperform a Bugatti just like that.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 19:37 (Ref:4046303)   #1921
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I must admit that I don't know what it would be on his mobile, though, so a good question.
Je suis très sensible Ã* ce genre d'attention, c'est tellement rare de nos jours et si sympathique.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 19:44 (Ref:4046304)   #1922
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Happy birthday, monsieur justracing. Treat yourself and your armchair…https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamasutra;)
Might be a bit dangerous at my age! Thanks anyway
Old 16 Apr 2021, 19:47 (Ref:4046305)   #1923
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hope Mike will accept to translate this for you justracing:
Ce n'est pas parce qu'une position est intéressante qu'elle est forcément confortable… Just try and you'll see it works with many things. And people too… Stay safe, enjoy.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 19:58 (Ref:4046306)   #1924
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
On my keyboard, its AltGr and e = é. I must admit that I don't know what it would be on his mobile, though, so a good question.
On the Google keyboard on Android, hold down any of the appropriate letters and up springs a choice. Fête, frère, Führer, encyclopædia, garçon, Noël etc

Old 16 Apr 2021, 20:01 (Ref:4046308)   #1925
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Alors lÃ*, mes amis, nous avons un festival signé Max Tyler! Who could imagine once reading garçon or Noël here? C'est la fête! Yeepee (youpi in French)!