Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Jul 2020, 19:11 (Ref:3984983)   #376
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks
Old 1 Jul 2020, 19:11 (Ref:3984984)   #377
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry, was not clear. Peter Auto Facebook official page.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 17:09 (Ref:3985143)   #378
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Some links:
https://youtu.be/StJ8J1lO-XU
https://bit.ly/3glrsE8
https://bit.ly/3gqggGl
Hope it works.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 18:10 (Ref:3985154)   #379
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 12:07 (Ref:3985511)   #380
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
From Friday 3 at 3 PM, you can watch some vids lasting for 48 hours. Not the real thing but I think some Tenthers can be seen. Connection from the PA FB page. Enjoy.
Some super coverage on here, I've been to the classic 3 times and these reruns certainly rekindle the memories, slightly more interesting that the other major event this weekend!
Old 4 Jul 2020, 16:44 (Ref:3985608)   #381
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone spotted the late great Mr Bell doing some disco spins in the 356 ? If they captured mine I'll put my hands up, Karma and all that!
Old 4 Jul 2020, 16:59 (Ref:3985615)   #382
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I’m looking,
Old 4 Jul 2020, 17:05 (Ref:3985621)   #383
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Just seen Iain in that Caddie battleship!
Old 4 Jul 2020, 17:48 (Ref:3985633)   #384
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
A If they captured mine I'll put my hands up, Karma and all that!
Joe, what about Karmann in your case?
Really happy some enjoy it. More to come as they say!
Old 5 Jul 2020, 03:55 (Ref:3985743)   #385
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Anyone spotted the late great Mr Bell doing some disco spins in the 356 ? If they captured mine I'll put my hands up, Karma and all that!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 6 Jul 2020, 06:43 (Ref:3986124)   #386
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched on and off over the weekend, was some great coverage!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 6 Jul 2020, 17:26 (Ref:3986297)   #387
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Just seen Iain in that Caddie battleship!
Where can I find this clip. Guess its when I am vanishing up the escape road at the Porsche curves. No brakes !!!!!
Old 6 Jul 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3986319)   #388
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Where can I find this clip. Guess its when I am vanishing up the escape road at the Porsche curves. No brakes !!!!!
No, only spotted in the pit lane. I watched it on and off all over the weekend, which plateau were you - I'll see if I can find it I did spot you when the event was live 2 years ago! Are you racing at Brands or spannering? As there's no public in the pits/paddock I'll wave from South bank
Old 7 Jul 2020, 07:43 (Ref:3986418)   #389
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Iain, may be you can find some good views from Youtube.
Type Le Mans Classic 2018 and select the grid you're interested in, like this for instance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhwewQmHTHs

Bear in mind that "grid" is said "Plateau" and next time ask your clients to have on-board video system, they go for less than 100 £ now.

Wanna see "the" 356? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D62WUuEB5M
My favorite with the hideous Breadvan, fast Elise's and Mogs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiq4aQWLk9I
Old 7 Jul 2020, 07:51 (Ref:3986420)   #390
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What not do to : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjYbQVHqu3E
Old 7 Jul 2020, 08:06 (Ref:3986425)   #391
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Cad' ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG53mR6ty18

Images in English !!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D62WUuEB5M
Go to minute 2'30, see the 356 and Le Monstre…
Old 7 Jul 2020, 10:34 (Ref:3986449)   #392
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The Cadillac looks more like it belongs on the river or off the ground. Can’t tell if it looks more like a boat or a hover car
Old 7 Jul 2020, 19:49 (Ref:3986597)   #393
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Mike and Zef dominated with the 356 in 2016.
A BSCC driver bought the car and raced it in 2018 but it was substantially slower than in 2016
Old 8 Jul 2020, 10:59 (Ref:3986711)   #394
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Strange to see that even some experienced drivers/owners seem to believe that a good performance is all about the engine. Chassis and drivers are important.
Old 8 Jul 2020, 11:38 (Ref:3986714)   #395
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

It has always been my opinion that cheapest way to make the car go quicker is change the driver!
Old 10 Jul 2020, 09:03 (Ref:3987149)   #396
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Ooh John! Racing drivers have very delicate egos
Old 16 Jul 2020, 03:11 (Ref:3988626)   #397
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
It has always been my opinion that cheapest way to make the car go quicker is change the driver!

From the Man who knows.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 10:16 (Ref:3988683)   #398
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dates changed to next year.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 10:45 (Ref:3988689)   #399
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

1/4-7-21
Most held the entries
We have added a car
Now have seven cars
Old 16 Jul 2020, 11:01 (Ref:3988695)   #400
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry I meant I had edited the calendar to reflect next year's dates.