Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Dec 2007, 11:48 (Ref:2085453)   #26
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
I think it looks quite good, but I agree with Last2LiftOff - if the car's as bad as it sounds, it really doesn't matter what colour it is!
It's a bit of a 'catch 22' situation for Force India.If they improve their performance they may not get lapped and so that would mean little or no TV coverage.On the other hand if they go backwards they'll get lapped quite often which means more TV coverage.Sometimes you just can't win!
Old 12 Dec 2007, 13:08 (Ref:2087195)   #27
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

The livery isn't bad, but as most people seem to be saying it's not overly distinctive. Just out of curiosity though, why is their rain/pit-light green??
Old 12 Dec 2007, 13:23 (Ref:2087204)   #28
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For some reason it reminds me of premiuim chocolate packaging.
Maybe coffee too.
Old 12 Dec 2007, 14:56 (Ref:2087261)   #29
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky
For some reason it reminds me of premiuim chocolate packaging.
Maybe coffee too.
Good observation, they could be advertesing Baskets2give's Chocolate Affair creation, me grannie would love'em

Old 13 Dec 2007, 16:18 (Ref:2088042)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It has burgundy with gold trim! These are old peoples colours - it's like seeing a geriatric on wheels.

This livery is a big failure and has to go.

The final livery could go a number of ways really. Indian flag colours? Indian national colour? A wacky new green reflecting a crazy blue chip sponsor? I sincerely hope it isn't red or white.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 16:38 (Ref:2088058)   #31
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
The final livery could go a number of ways really. Indian flag colours? Indian national colour? A wacky new green reflecting a crazy blue chip sponsor? I sincerely hope it isn't red or white.
Maybe they'll take a picture of the earth, from space, and put it on the car.

Nah, nobody would be daft enough to think that was a good idea.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 20:58 (Ref:2091522)   #32
Ellmau
Racer

Ellmau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps they will use all of the ideas here and make a 99 BAR out of it

I liked this one too though

Old 18 Dec 2007, 22:44 (Ref:2091615)   #33
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellmau
Perhaps they will use all of the ideas here and make a 99 BAR out of it
I think that by using that livery in '99, Craig Pollock was having a go at the FIA's decision to ban his dual-livery idea. There was no need to have a sponsor on each side with a big zip up the middle! But the sponsors themselves probably didn't mind - everyone was talking about the car and photos of it were all over the press. I wouldn't like to see it happening again though!!
Old 18 Dec 2007, 22:57 (Ref:2091627)   #34
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think that by using that livery in '99, Craig Pollock was having a go at the FIA's decision to ban his dual-livery idea
Thank you! I often see written here comments like "how could they have made a livery so ugly?". The whole point was that it was a response to the ban on seperate liveries. It was never supposed to be pretty. It was supposed to be a way of getting the two tobacco brands in F1, and to get people talking, which it certainly did.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 23:28 (Ref:2091653)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would have been possible to do it without the split livery though. It just had Pollock written all over it!
Old 19 Dec 2007, 09:57 (Ref:2091826)   #36
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
Thank you! I often see written here comments like "how could they have made a livery so ugly?". The whole point was that it was a response to the ban on seperate liveries. It was never supposed to be pretty. It was supposed to be a way of getting the two tobacco brands in F1, and to get people talking, which it certainly did.
It was still ugly though.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 19 Dec 2007, 15:50 (Ref:2091990)   #37
Ellmau
Racer

Ellmau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very I loved the scheme they had during testing though!
Old 19 Dec 2007, 17:40 (Ref:2092089)   #38
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think I'm one of the few people that actually likes the 99 BAR just for its uniqueness
Old 20 Dec 2007, 17:56 (Ref:2092861)   #39
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
I think you're the one actually
Old 30 Dec 2007, 20:17 (Ref:2096732)   #40
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I see the new advert on their site I wonder: is George Lucas involved in the team??

http://www.forceindiaf1.com/
Old 30 Dec 2007, 21:53 (Ref:2096776)   #41
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I never personally liked the livery much, but appreciated the manner in which they made something of a gesture to the regulations that stated the cars had to have identical liveries. However I would even go as far as to say it doesn't look too shocking in that picture above with Vileneuve's helmet design, "so nur"

Ellmau, I've seen someone mention on here before that the car in the other photo (Wolf?) looked good in a childish toy car way. I think I know what they meant. I think I actually had a toy car with a colour scheme like that when I was a kid.
Old 31 Dec 2007, 10:35 (Ref:2097012)   #42
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the fact that the Force India site has a section called 'Take Aways'
Old 31 Dec 2007, 12:26 (Ref:2097056)   #43
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Bit of a garish and unpleasant site though. I'm left a bit naan-plussed.
Old 31 Dec 2007, 13:30 (Ref:2097072)   #44
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
Like their poll tho:

Which is your favourite team in 2008

Force India F1
Redbull Racing
Mercedes McLaren

I mean, wtf
Old 31 Dec 2007, 14:13 (Ref:2097088)   #45
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Bit of a garish and unpleasant site though. I'm left a bit naan-plussed.
You've got to Tikka look at your sense of humour mate
Old 31 Dec 2007, 15:19 (Ref:2097120)   #46
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's only for the indians...
Old 1 Jan 2008, 03:17 (Ref:2097383)   #47
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonso11
Like their poll tho:

Which is your favourite team in 2008

Force India F1
Redbull Racing
Mercedes McLaren

I mean, wtf
Be on the lookout for the next poll, Which is your favourite driver in 2008?

Lewis Hamilton
Kimi Raikkonen
Fernando Alonso

EDIT: Just noticed on their "Facts" page that, according to them, Button remains the youngest-ever points scorer. Also Ricardo Patrese holds the record for the most starts with 256, with MICHAEL SCHUMACHER?! 2nd with 212?!?!?!

Last edited by Chatters; 1 Jan 2008 at 03:22.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 1 Jan 2008, 13:14 (Ref:2097546)   #48
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I wonder if it's also a "fact" that the 'team' have already scored victories on several occasions!