Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 20 Apr 2020, 18:35 (Ref:3971905)   #1351
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Nice pic, good try, thank you this is the sedan, berline en Français, une PL 17.

... or perhaps Gordon meant the green one behind it??
Old 20 Apr 2020, 18:35 (Ref:3971906)   #1352
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
John dont remember the year but we had to change the gearbox during the night. Alfa Giulia 2 liter, first in Salooncars? With Remy Louvel, former world champion F1 boat Mercury works team? 93??? That far…
Old 20 Apr 2020, 18:37 (Ref:3971907)   #1353
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Gordon's picture is quite interesting, this car was said 6 everything. Room for 6 people, a huge trunk for six giant suitcases and six liters of gazoline every 100 kilometers. Le style était un peu rococo et le bruit du moteur désagréable…

Ha yes, sorry, the green is indeed a 24 CT. Panhard worked hard on safety. The heating/demist system is efficient but complicated.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 18:39 (Ref:3971908)   #1354
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
John dont remember the year but we had to change the gearbox during the night. Alfa Giulia 2 liter, first in Salooncars? With Remy Louvel, former world champion F1 boat Mercury works team?

I will have to exhume the programme but I remember a Panhard being there. I drove all the way down there in an automatic Mini not knowing I was going to a race meeting! I thought it was a classic car show. Nevertheless had a great weekend followed by a rather swifter drive home through the night in an Allard Lexus.

I doubt if anybody here has heard one of those! Oh, and the Mini was a Radford.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 18:42 (Ref:3971910)   #1355
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Got me! Radford and Allard Lexus totally unknown. At least by me… Would it be a… Beatle!
2 Tours d'Horloge you can have me on the entry list but Alfa Romeo Giulia or 911 only.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 18:54 (Ref:3971913)   #1356
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Going back to the Panhard, for sake of clarity......
Attached Thumbnails
CBD115E5-89D2-4C6D-8BBD-86575DF09751.jpg  
Old 20 Apr 2020, 18:55 (Ref:3971915)   #1357
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Got me! Radford and Allard Lexus totally unknown. At least by me… Would it be a… Beatle!
2 Tours d'Horloge you can have me on the entry list but Alfa Romeo Giulia or 911 only.
Harold Radford was a coachnuilder from the 1950's & '60s who did a nice line in Rolls & Bentley estate cat conversions. He also created Stirling Moss's Cortina Fastback. The Mini conversions made him famous though; many of them were trimmed in leather & wood, also made a hatchback, one of which was bought by Ringo Starr to carry his drums around. With Harold's backing, a friend tried to re-create the Mini but it didn't really take off the way it should have done. Too long a story for here.

The Lexus was a modified LX300 with restyled front & rear, re-trimmed etc. A nice car. Both belonged to a certain gentleman Group C driver.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 19:34 (Ref:3971917)   #1358
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Harold Radford was a coachnuilder from the 1950's & '60s who did a nice line in Rolls & Bentley estate car conversions. He also created Stirling Moss's Cortina Fastback. The Mini conversions made him famous though; many of them were trimmed in leather & wood, also made a hatchback, one of which was bought by Ringo Starr to carry his drums around. With Harold's backing, a friend tried to re-create the Mini but it didn't really take off the way it should have done. Too long a story for here.

The Lexus was a modified LX300 with restyled front & rear, re-trimmed etc. A nice car. Both belonged to a certain gentleman Group C driver.
Should be Lexus LS400, not LX300.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 20:29 (Ref:3971923)   #1359
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Going back to the Panhard, for sake of clarity......
Thanks Everyone, and Mike for that. My hunch was French/Gallic . . . and air cooled or mid engines . . .but didnt recognise the badge shape.

It's nothing to do with me, but a mate sent me a message with a photo. I'll offer £50 if he knows where it is.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 00:15 (Ref:3971943)   #1360
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Thanks Everyone, and Mike for that. My hunch was French/Gallic . . . and air cooled or mid engines . . .but didnt recognise the badge shape.

It's nothing to do with me, but a mate sent me a message with a photo. I'll offer £50 if he knows where it is.
It's in that falling down shed behind those pieces of wood, you can give me cash or cheque I don't mind I could do with 50 quid, cheers Joe !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Apr 2020, 07:55 (Ref:3971991)   #1361
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I'll offer £50 if he knows where it is.
Knowing how and where they are prone to rust I'd say fair offer. The demist system runs from the engine to the rear window going through the doors. Rather elegant in its press release color scheme quetsche/ gris capelinos, meaning aubergine/ mouse grey. They even studied a four cylinder in X for this coupé!
You'll see the front badge showing PL letters. Interesting little car.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 10:53 (Ref:3972017)   #1362
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Typically quirky Gallic styling, I quite like it, the back end bears more than a passing resenblance to a 330 Ferrari, boat tail.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 11:46 (Ref:3972026)   #1363
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Knowing how and where they are prone to rust I'd say fair offer. The demist system runs from the engine to the rear window going through the doors..
A good idea, I wonder how many people suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning like the VW Beetles when part of the exchange system rusted away
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Apr 2020, 12:26 (Ref:3972030)   #1364
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
A different kind of high then your average beetle driver is used to
Old 21 Apr 2020, 17:30 (Ref:3972083)   #1365
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I'm sure you could love one, Joe. You can't imagine what kind of happy revver this engine can be. Over the years for the twin cylinder Panhard used different designs, blind cylinders, separated heads, spindle spring or torsion bar for the valves, two fans or just one and so on. Only thing to fix prior to racing is the crank and the oil pressure. De mémoire, un des meilleurs préparateurs en France était Hampe. Joe? Dare!
Old 22 Apr 2020, 16:09 (Ref:3972239)   #1366
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me or does anyone else find the huge list of "Upcoming Events" at the top of the "Historic Racing Today" forum depressing?
Old 22 Apr 2020, 16:14 (Ref:3972242)   #1367
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sorry Alan, can't say if its depressing, I stopped watching this for a while. Each time I had a look I wanted to kill myself right away!
Old 22 Apr 2020, 16:51 (Ref:3972250)   #1368
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else find the huge list of "Upcoming Events" at the top of the "Historic Racing Today" forum depressing?
Equally depressing, every time I go to my email there are yet more press releases about E-racing series.

I'm afraid that does absolutely nothing for me whatsoever. For once I am in accord with Kimi Raikkonen!
Old 23 Apr 2020, 04:51 (Ref:3972316)   #1369
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Yes it is, but we know that an awful lot of them aren’t upcoming! If you’re suggesting that they be removed or marked as ‘postponed’ or ‘cancelled’ then another mod will have to do it. Sorry but in my current state I’m not up to the task......
Old 23 Apr 2020, 06:53 (Ref:3972322)   #1370
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll just try not to look there
Old 23 Apr 2020, 07:13 (Ref:3972326)   #1371
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If we mark them postponed or cancelled we'll have them listed as new posts on the forum. I'd be happy to assist but then we'd push some threads down the list.
Old 23 Apr 2020, 09:31 (Ref:3972352)   #1372
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Delete?
Old 23 Apr 2020, 10:15 (Ref:3972353)   #1373
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Delete?
That was my thought, glad you said it, thought I might get into trouble

It would make some sense to do so, then we can celebrate as and when new events and/or rescheduling is confirmed.

Next year.
Old 23 Apr 2020, 10:49 (Ref:3972364)   #1374
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Trouble is, although we may be more pragmatic, unless the organisers actually cancel we can't really delete them.
Old 23 Apr 2020, 10:52 (Ref:3972365)   #1375
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020 race calender.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	59995
Got to feel for Mike about the calendar.A lot of work. I for one find it very helpful. My friend who comes with me on most trips decided this winter he would get team Delta organised.We had all the race meetings, drivers,mechanics,sub contractors ect ect all organised.
Closed Thread