Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31 May 2020, 14:06 (Ref:3979462)   #1576
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has that article allowed for the latest news from the UK the rumours that Boris has said get the GP done.
Old 31 May 2020, 16:43 (Ref:3979487)   #1577
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Has that article allowed for the latest news from the UK the rumours that Boris has said get the GP done.
They did and believe that was just red herrings thrown out by Boris to divert the press from Cumming's faux pas re breaching/flaunting restrictions.
Old 31 May 2020, 20:51 (Ref:3979527)   #1578
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
According to Skysports both Silverstone races will go ahead.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...IA9yOQcqjuns7Y
Old 31 May 2020, 21:35 (Ref:3979532)   #1579
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BBC reporting the same..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52872157
Old 1 Jun 2020, 02:36 (Ref:3979548)   #1580
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't understand his basis for the travel complaints. Does he really think teams wouldn't return to England as they based there? That's not really well thought out, teams WILL be returning to the shops so travel isn't really a problem, they will be in England.
Old 1 Jun 2020, 02:50 (Ref:3979549)   #1581
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I don't understand his basis for the travel complaints. Does he really think teams wouldn't return to England as they based there? That's not really well thought out, teams WILL be returning to the shops so travel isn't really a problem, they will be in England.
MOST of the teams are UK based.... Ferrari, Sauber Alfa Romeo and Alpha Tauri are based in Italy and Switzerland. The FIA has already at the beginning of the year stated if any team was unable to take part due to travel restrictions the race could not be classified for the World Championship event IIRC
Old 1 Jun 2020, 06:51 (Ref:3979559)   #1582
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's logical with most teams based in England and with pro sports being allowed to skip quarantine should be no problem for the other teams based outside of the UK. I am sure the GP will go ahead as planned, no problem
Old 1 Jun 2020, 08:56 (Ref:3979573)   #1583
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The FIA has already at the beginning of the year stated if any team was unable to take part due to travel restrictions the race could not be classified for the World Championship event IIRC[/QUOTE]

So if Ferrari have a bad time in both Austrian races does it mean they will suddenly report travel restrictions?
Old 1 Jun 2020, 17:39 (Ref:3979671)   #1584
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I sincerely hope not! I doubt they will, but might be an idea to drop the FIA a line
Old 2 Jun 2020, 10:04 (Ref:3979760)   #1585
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So confirmed kicking off in Austria (x2) followed by Hungary, Britain (x2), Spain, Belgium and Italy.

I would be looking at that as a potentially very good start if I was at Red Bull, particularly if Merc continue to struggle with reliability niggles.
Old 2 Jun 2020, 10:40 (Ref:3979774)   #1586
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I wonder if that is because they are concentrating more on the F1 GP?
You'd have to conclude that, and/or F1 can get round the 14 day quarantine issue.....and MotoGP can't. It's not fair, but F1 was always going to get 'favourable' treatment.
Old 2 Jun 2020, 10:57 (Ref:3979778)   #1587
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Langheck View Post
You'd have to conclude that, and/or F1 can get round the 14 day quarantine issue.....and MotoGP can't. It's not fair, but F1 was always going to get 'favourable' treatment.
to be fair, if you look at how proactive F1 has been in firstly helping to tackle COVID19 by producing ventilators etc, and secondly in putting together their 'Biosphere' plan, id suggest F1 has done more to show the UK Government that they are in a far better position to mitigate risk of transmission.

I don't think ive seen MotoGP being as active in these areas, so F1 rightly has been given priority. (unless ive missed something that MotoGP has been doing?)
Old 2 Jun 2020, 11:35 (Ref:3979788)   #1588
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
as i mentioned previously, thanks to the ventilator scheme, the f1 teams have direct contacts very high up in the government. you can see this has helped by the way the "exempt/not exempt/exempt" thing has played out.

motogp also has far fewer uk based teams and fewer people involved with those teams. if you were to use the nonsense "same rule for everyone" argument then you'd be looking at around 5000 people out of work in a 50 mile radius.
Old 2 Jun 2020, 20:45 (Ref:3979879)   #1589
S griffin
Veteran

No doubt the ventilator project has helped. It may seem a bit like ‘I’ll scratch your back, you’ll scratch mine’, but that may be a bit simplistic. I think it helps more as you say that more teams are based in the UK. MotoGP doesn’t have the same luxury unfortunately. Let’s just hope both trimmed calendars are worth it
Old 3 Jun 2020, 08:12 (Ref:3979923)   #1590
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I just read the Chase Carey has said a GP will go ahead even if a driver tests positive at an event.While I hope they can run the limited range of races without a driver becoming ill,I suppose all teams would have a substitute driver present in any case.The driver briefings will presumably have to be conducted via Zoom with drivers in their hospitality units to prevent the whole grid being eliminated.In the worst case scenario of a few drivers being quarantined for a few weeks,are there enough drivers around eligible for a superlicence to take up the slack?
Old 3 Jun 2020, 08:39 (Ref:3979928)   #1591
S griffin
Veteran

I think it will be easily controlled. I am sure steps will be taken to avoid that sort of thing happening. Of course teams will bring their reserve driver like they always do anyway. I am sure too driver briefings will go ahead too, as will other normal procedures like the driver weigh in. They might have to do them slightly differently than normal as you say

I am sure too there are plenty of drivers who could step into the car if worse comes to worse. Just remember we are limited to only 20 cars on the grid, if we had more teams you would see more drivers on the grid. The likes of say Hartley or Vandoorne could step onto this grid no problem
Old 3 Jun 2020, 09:37 (Ref:3979939)   #1592
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Each team has a designated reserve driver who is at every meeting 'just in case'.
Old 3 Jun 2020, 11:06 (Ref:3979952)   #1593
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I think RD biosphere will work OK within the F1 'community' the weak points are the other staff that will be required at the circuit for normal operation - catering/cleaners/circuit staff/FOM & FIA staff - unless F1 is proposing to test them as well over the weekend and of course the personnel need to go and stay somewhere in the intervening week.

It will reduce risk but not eliminate it which I think FOM has recognised by announcing that even if some one tests positive for Covid-19, the race will still go ahead regardless.
Old 3 Jun 2020, 11:38 (Ref:3979964)   #1594
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
According to rumours the teams have been allegedly told that Canada and Singapore will not take place.

On the uncertain list is USA and Japan.

Mexico 'intends' to hold the race as planned but with an accompanying statement that it may be run behind closed doors or cancelled due to force majeure'.

I guess this is why we have the initial calendar so far as uncertainty exists over other races.
Old 3 Jun 2020, 13:14 (Ref:3979975)   #1595
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
europe is by and large in the same place when it comes to location on the curve and infection rates so they’ve done absolutely the right thing in cracking on and getting a european calendar out. as long as they’re in contact with the teams (obviously they will be) to help them budget and plan accordingly for future potential races then there’s no better way of managing this. we’ve seen how much things have changed from the “cancel everything” headless chickens in mid-march to the more pragmatic plans and protocols in mid-may and that’s only two months.
Old 3 Jun 2020, 13:34 (Ref:3979982)   #1596
S griffin
Veteran

I think it’s good too they have concentrated on the European schedule for now. At least we have got some of the calendar confirmed. We now await the rest
Old 3 Jun 2020, 22:54 (Ref:3980059)   #1597
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
I just read the Chase Carey has said a GP will go ahead even if a driver tests positive at an event.While I hope they can run the limited range of races without a driver becoming ill,I suppose all teams would have a substitute driver present in any case.The driver briefings will presumably have to be conducted via Zoom with drivers in their hospitality units to prevent the whole grid being eliminated.In the worst case scenario of a few drivers being quarantined for a few weeks,are there enough drivers around eligible for a superlicence to take up the slack?

If one of the Merc drivers tests positive, we may see similar Gutierrez e-sport antics in real life!
Old 4 Jun 2020, 07:18 (Ref:3980078)   #1598
RED55
Racer

Sweden
Banbury
RED55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
I think RD biosphere will work OK within the F1 'community' the weak points are the other staff that will be required at the circuit for normal operation - catering/cleaners/circuit staff/FOM & FIA staff - unless F1 is proposing to test them as well over the weekend and of course the personnel need to go and stay somewhere in the intervening week.

It will reduce risk but not eliminate it which I think FOM has recognised by announcing that even if some one tests positive for Covid-19, the race will still go ahead regardless.
Indeed , an integral part of this , will not arrive by the nice charter plane , it is driven there , driving rules apply , means on events like Spain , a whole gaggle of extra stasff will be required to enter the bubble , anyone who believes it will be a super tight ship is kidding themselves , there is holes in it from the start , but if people are sensible and actually take a measured view then it can be as safe as standing in the que for the supermarkt ,after all if its so dangerous to be out there , then nobody would be going outside the front door , the whole world needs to get a grip on reality , we will never beat nature , it will expell us from this planet when it has had enough , it wont be us that kill it , it will be the planet that kills us .
Old 4 Jun 2020, 07:23 (Ref:3980080)   #1599
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It sounds very similar to the air bridge arrangements that the government are trying to put in place.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 15:26 (Ref:3980176)   #1600
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Ross Brawn slightly reeling back from his 19 races...

Formula 1 managing director Ross Brawn says that the eight-race European calendar issued earlier this week would officially count as a world championship, even if no further races can be run.

Usually a world championship has to visit three continents, as prescribed by the FIA's own International Sporting Code.

With regard to the designation "world" it notes: "The cup, trophy, challenge or series calendar must include competitions taking place on at least three continents during the same season."

However, in the unprecedented circumstances of the Covid-19 pandemic that requirement won't have to be met according to Brawn.

"In theory the eight European races will constitute a world championship," Brawn told Autosport.

No races have been scheduled after Monza on 6 September, and teams have been told that the only events outside Europe that are likely to happen are Bahrain and Abu Dhabi at the end of the year.

However, Brawn declined to comment on which races he is most confident in.

"If I'm honest the ones you're confident in one day, it changes the next day because there's so much happening, so I don't want to speculate about that," he said.

"There's a whole range of things that need to be considered, and the financial aspect is part of it, both let's say the holistic effect on F1, and the micro effect of how much it's going to cost us and the teams to go and race there. We're having to make those judgements. That's what we're faced with at the moment.

"There's various options. I think we're going to be able to put a decent season together. I can't honestly tell you what shape it will be, but I think there will be enough races to make a good season."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...d-championship