Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Sep 2021, 09:41 (Ref:4074187)   #76
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Good news. 110 cars entered and only 7 GT40's. Starting to get excited now.
Where's the entry list Iain, googled for links but all dead ends!
Old 16 Sep 2021, 10:20 (Ref:4074191)   #77
8en
Rookie

United Kingdom
South West
8en should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.spasixhours.com/wp-conte...rance_2021.pdf

Entry list here.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 10:45 (Ref:4074193)   #78
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Long time since my name has appeared alongside so many greats!
Old 16 Sep 2021, 10:48 (Ref:4074194)   #79
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Good news. 110 cars entered and only 7 GT40's. Starting to get excited now.
As listed on the link provided I spotted 12 GT40s as alleged entries. A have not rigorously checked my counting.

And about 400 Elans .... (I may be exaggerating slightly with that number .....)
Old 16 Sep 2021, 10:52 (Ref:4074195)   #80
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
As listed on the link provided I spotted 12 GT40s as alleged entries. A have not rigorously checked my counting.

And about 400 Elans .... (I may be exaggerating slightly with that number .....)
V8's too juicy . . . . . if petrol prices continue to rise maybe it'll be Cortinas and minis next year!

having said that, 38 V8's at a litre a minute is a lorry load of juice.

Last edited by zefarelly; 16 Sep 2021 at 11:20.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 11:47 (Ref:4074199)   #81
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We are planning Galaxie at litre a Minuit . Unless it rains .?
Old 16 Sep 2021, 12:46 (Ref:4074209)   #82
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
A rough calculation suggests about 20 000 litres of fuel for the grid for 6 hours.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 13:18 (Ref:4074213)   #83
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just arrived and it’s as busy as ever
Old 16 Sep 2021, 13:24 (Ref:4074214)   #84
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Revival?
Old 16 Sep 2021, 14:53 (Ref:4074222)   #85
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
We are planning Galaxie at litre a Minuit . Unless it rains .?
We use more fuel if it rains. More on and off throttle, running richer.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 16 Sep 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4074259)   #86
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
We use more fuel if it rains. More on and off throttle, running richer.

I think Iain might be thinking about wet weather and possible pirouettes plus a short run rather than an Overture or a full Symphony.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 19:23 (Ref:4074260)   #87
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yet to spin a Galaxie . Jim managed it at Portimao one year . Took out half the field . RIP Jim .Happy Days
Old 17 Sep 2021, 08:06 (Ref:4074321)   #88
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
There can't be many circuits wide enough to be able to do that!
Old 21 Sep 2021, 07:06 (Ref:4074879)   #89
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Portimao Joe. He got hit by a mini.
Old 28 Sep 2021, 07:08 (Ref:4076043)   #90
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just to get us all in the mood a couple of pics from 2019.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8563.jpg   IMG_8560.jpg  
Old 28 Sep 2021, 07:39 (Ref:4076045)   #91
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wishing you all the best in your adventure, team, and will be following it from down here as best as I can. I presume / hope there will be some kind of live streaming going on?
Old 28 Sep 2021, 07:55 (Ref:4076046)   #92
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beaucoup de croissants and coffee required.
Old 28 Sep 2021, 09:17 (Ref:4076062)   #93
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just to get us all in the mood a couple of pics from 2019.
Yep definatley getting excited. First job when I arrive is to do my customary bike ride round the old circuit.
Old 28 Sep 2021, 09:19 (Ref:4076064)   #94
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Duncan and his gang have got a decent grid for Pre War Sports cars considering situation
Old 28 Sep 2021, 09:25 (Ref:4076066)   #95
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I saw that too. The combined Stirling Moss/Woodcote Trophy is also a good grid.
Old 28 Sep 2021, 13:05 (Ref:4076095)   #96
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8en View Post
A good number of cars in the GTS11 class. Really hope that the Gilbern goes well for Iain, David and Peter (and Mike), and most of all that you enjoy it. Good luck.
Old 28 Sep 2021, 13:08 (Ref:4076097)   #97
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yep definatley getting excited. First job when I arrive is to do my customary bike ride round the old circuit.
If you're happy to go at MTB pace then I'll join you ... am hoping to do a long cycle around the hills ... just a shame that there is no Ordnance Survey equivalent for the area, because ideally i'd find bridleways or offroad rather than ride on road! Hoping to get out on the bike on Thursday and then again on Sunday.

We are Triumph TR4 No. 57 in the 6Hrs, garage 9 in the old pits, if anyone wants to pop by to say hello. All our support crew melted away for one reason or another, so hang around long enough and you're likely to be handed a spanner!

Managed to find a tankful of diesel yesterday, so now just praying that i've completed all the extra Covid paperwork correctly!

James
Old 28 Sep 2021, 13:11 (Ref:4076099)   #98
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timing screen at Spa

Does anyone know what connections I'd need to get the live timing feed into our pit box?? Colin says i sorted this last time, but as a Tech-unsavvy individual i think he's confused me with someone else!
Old 28 Sep 2021, 13:36 (Ref:4076105)   #99
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
A good number of cars in the GTS11 class. Really hope that the Gilbern goes well for Iain, David and Peter (and Mike), and most of all that you enjoy it. Good luck.
Iain told me I only have to get us up to 105 in my stint.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 08:11 (Ref:4076235)   #100
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So sorry that once again I won't be there to wave the flag for you all, but work calls. A particularly profitable race meeting, I just can't miss it.

Safety Fast guys!