Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Oct 2021, 19:46 (Ref:4076566)   #101
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Results link including live timing button. It mentions the Summer Classic in the page tab but it is for the Six Hours.

http://roadbook.alkamelsystems.com/
Old 2 Oct 2021, 06:03 (Ref:4076629)   #102
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Forecast rain at around 10 pm so we may escape.
Checking again at midday
Ten Tenth people throughout grid from 8th backwards
Quickest I can see is 2 46 by Andy and Michael in GT 40 followed by 2.49 with 2 litre Elva BMW
A Elan at 2.50 is indecently quick
We decided that we would have got on back of grid with Pre War Talbot that did 3.24 in their qually and probably finish higher than all our fancy cars at front as it was built to last six hours.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 06:26 (Ref:4076630)   #103
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone know of any live stream for the event?
Old 2 Oct 2021, 06:30 (Ref:4076631)   #104
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Results link including live timing button. It mentions the Summer Classic in the page tab but it is for the Six Hours.

http://roadbook.alkamelsystems.com/
This should go direct to the live timing page : https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/spasixhours
Old 2 Oct 2021, 19:57 (Ref:4076713)   #105
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like all the 10thers finished, well done to all.

Great result from the Elva, grumpy Irishman might even crack a smile?!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 2 Oct 2021, 20:04 (Ref:4076716)   #106
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post

Ditto that.

Cracking results, especially the Elva which looked like it had a couple of extra stops at one point.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 20:56 (Ref:4076723)   #107
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Melodramatic day
Fuel cap came open on first lap. Flagged into
Pits and lost minutes Left way behind in 78 place
Chauffeurs then pulled fingers out but got done for track limits
First a drive through then a minute stop and go.
Didn’t help Michael Birch’s mood!
Nick Minassian and Richard Bradley then did a brilliant drive and eventually finished eighth overall
First small engined car home after those eight cylinder American engineer things! Twice the capacity of the little car
Michael B let them get on with it whilst e played in another car.
Old 3 Oct 2021, 05:20 (Ref:4076806)   #108
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame they were not driving F3 UK championship John,the drivers are allowed to drive two off as long as they don't get the inside wheels over the track limit line!
What kind of driving is that!!!
Old 4 Oct 2021, 08:32 (Ref:4076902)   #109
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post

Took the words right out of my mouth, best result yet for the Elva. It's been a challenging project!
Old 4 Oct 2021, 10:26 (Ref:4076912)   #110
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A couple of pics from Saturday. Congratulations to the entire 10/10s contingent on a job well done. I particularly enjoyed the view of the rear of the Elva, quite often!

I believe Gilbert is getting a well deserved rest before next season.

Was good to see Eddie V and of course our old mate Dinkel, who popped over for Friday Qualifying. Peter Baker has some great pictures of many cars including Gilbert.

Honoured to receive a visit from JR and Michael on Saturday morning.

Couldn't have done it without Iain, Mary and David with special mention for Stewart Rowley.
Attached Thumbnails
244393235_10160130451220757_3898420593042216703_n.jpg   244535472_10160130451225757_2220205946867931554_n.jpg  
Old 4 Oct 2021, 10:52 (Ref:4076914)   #111
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
If it was me I would be a lot harsher on track limits . Cars were going right if the track on entry to Blanchemant . It’s a joke . I got disqualified at Brands a few years ago for doing same thing at Graham Hill .
Old 4 Oct 2021, 10:57 (Ref:4076915)   #112
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
The weekend was brilliant just brilliant . Not sure I can drive two cars again in 6 hour unless get a good rest and two cups of tea in between . Fantastic team mates a d all the pit crew . Mike would of approved . . We have had a delay at Calais filling in PLF form but got there in the end . So good to be back at Spa with good mates . Happy days and looking forward to 2022. I’m going to build the biggest pit board with flashing lights and numbers for next year .
Old 5 Oct 2021, 03:09 (Ref:4077006)   #113
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
If it was me I would be a lot harsher on track limits . Cars were going right if the track on entry to Blanchemant . It’s a joke . I got disqualified at Brands a few years ago for doing same thing at Graham Hill .
Spa always used to be pretty strict Iain.
Was appalled by a young f3 drivers antics on his first training laps at Spa .young lad only just turned 17,no car license but he had passed on a simulator!
BRDC F3 championship drivers??xxxxing joke!
Old 5 Oct 2021, 06:54 (Ref:4077015)   #114
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

I would have thought the small penalties for cars overtaking under safety car were more relevant than track limits
Old 5 Oct 2021, 16:48 (Ref:4077077)   #115
Guus
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Guus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Elva

The Elva at Les Combes on Saturday at 16.55 hrs.
Attached Thumbnails
ZON_7988.jpg  
Old 5 Oct 2021, 17:03 (Ref:4077080)   #116
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

That bank of lights really worked!
Old 5 Oct 2021, 17:14 (Ref:4077084)   #117
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
That bank of lights really worked!

Like the personalised registration number, John. And surely those lights must have cost you a bit of pace with the lack of aero on them.
Old 5 Oct 2021, 17:32 (Ref:4077088)   #118
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

The bank of lights actually helped!
We didn’t understand it either!
Chris Amon used it as his road car after it’s racing career.
Old 5 Oct 2021, 19:18 (Ref:4077101)   #119
PBE
Rookie

PBE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
A couple of pics from Saturday. Congratulations to the entire 10/10s contingent on a job well done. I particularly enjoyed the view of the rear of the Elva, quite often!

I believe Gilbert is getting a well deserved rest before next season.

Was good to see Eddie V and of course our old mate Dinkel, who popped over for Friday Qualifying. Peter Baker has some great pictures of many cars including Gilbert.

Honoured to receive a visit from JR and Michael on Saturday morning.

Couldn't have done it without Iain, Mary and David with special mention for Stewart Rowley.
The Gilbern was a heroic entry and every time i came across it, its was been driven to the limit, flat out! Lovely to share a garage with you all, it made the race a much more enjoyable affair.
Old 5 Oct 2021, 19:36 (Ref:4077106)   #120
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really enjoyed sharing with your team. You have a great bunch of guys. Also the driving was excellent. In qually Fred made sure he didn't carve me up when he came up behind me at Stavelot, gave me space and then floored it and disappeared towards Blanchiment.
Old 6 Oct 2021, 08:13 (Ref:4077143)   #121
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Elva is simply gorgeous.
Old 6 Oct 2021, 08:14 (Ref:4077144)   #122
Guus
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Guus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Gilbern at Les Combes !
Attached Thumbnails
ZAT7820.JPG  
Old 6 Oct 2021, 09:02 (Ref:4077154)   #123
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Excellent shot, had a good dice with those cars until the puncture.
Old 6 Oct 2021, 10:51 (Ref:4077166)   #124
Will Nuthall
Racer

Will Nuthall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Excellent shot, had a good dice with those cars until the puncture.
Who had the big spin at Blanchimont?!

Enjoyable 6 hours as always and I think slightly less cars helped with keeping the incidents down.

The oil that went down from La Source to Eau Rouge definitely woke me up!
Old 6 Oct 2021, 13:12 (Ref:4077187)   #125
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Nuthall View Post
Who had the big spin at Blanchimont?!

Enjoyable 6 hours as always and I think slightly less cars helped with keeping the incidents down.

The oil that went down from La Source to Eau Rouge definitely woke me up!
T'was me. Got on a greasy kerb whilst trying not to get hit by an E Type. The first two cars went past no problem but whoever it was in the Jaguar decided he was driving a javelin.