Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Jan 2021, 14:56 (Ref:4029448)   #801
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I will have to look stupid.
Nobody can oblige you, but if you're asking for my opinion…
Old 16 Jan 2021, 14:56 (Ref:4029449)   #802
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Surely there's a stray in amongst these Baub?
Sh! It is for Midge to sort out.
Old 16 Jan 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4029463)   #803
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The first received a fast back hard top. Looks like a Custom Automotive North but slightly different. Le Mans works Twin Cam replica?
Old 16 Jan 2021, 16:54 (Ref:4029466)   #804
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the MGA is the ex-Ted Lund car isn't it? An original car not a replica.

Obvs I know the tin top, there's a ZR160 like this sat on my drive as I type.

Years ago a family friend had a Sunbeam Tiger, fun to ride in, and this one looks quite Rorty doesn't it?

The C Type Midget is a lovely little car. This one looks well used, I don't know the driver. Whilst I'm not a fan of 50/60s era cars, I love pre-War stuff.

Well, why wouldn't I know the next car? This one looks like it's in HSCC Roadsports spec.

And finally Esther - a Bumble for Bauble. I can't remember if this was a ZA or a ZB Magnette. IIRC it was built by the late Roger Andreason when he was also building Chevrons. Down Poole way wasn't it? It was one of the cars that established Historic Saloons as a mainstream branch of the sport, I think.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 16 Jan 2021, 16:56 (Ref:4029467)   #805
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having enlarged the picture again I think it's a ZA with the smaller back window.

Old 16 Jan 2021, 17:53 (Ref:4029477)   #806
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK! Gerard, when will Max be kicked out for being too clever?
Attached Thumbnails
074m.JPG   023g.JPG   022u.JPG  

080.JPG   1045.JPG   IMG_5583.JPG  

Old 16 Jan 2021, 18:15 (Ref:4029481)   #807
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Having enlarged the picture again I think it's a ZA with the smaller back window.

Who is driving the magnette Max ?
Old 16 Jan 2021, 18:33 (Ref:4029482)   #808
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I dunno how much a Tiger is fun to drive, but the one we raced against was not impressive. It was a long time ago, Estoril, Martin S at wheel.
The TZ is one of the most good looking racing car ever, imo. Plus "raffinée" qu'une GTO.

Last edited by Gerard C; 16 Jan 2021 at 19:01. Reason: Raffiné s'écrit avec deux F!
Old 16 Jan 2021, 19:28 (Ref:4029494)   #809
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Who is driving the magnette Max ?
You'll have to enlighten me.on that RBS

Which shows I've come to the end of my knowledge and deserve my place.on the Stupido Club

Old 16 Jan 2021, 19:57 (Ref:4029496)   #810
RecoveryDiscovery
Rookie

RecoveryDiscovery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi RBS, Would the driver of the Magnette be one Rupert Keegan?
Old 16 Jan 2021, 21:13 (Ref:4029511)   #811
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecoveryDiscovery View Post
Hi RBS, Would the driver of the Magnette be one Rupert Keegan?
it is.
Old 23 Jan 2021, 19:08 (Ref:4030846)   #812
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The answer might have been obvious so had to put together the question on a weird mode. Lets say ?* la bauble… Looking for a driver.

Following my uncle's example, I exercised myself as a rider. I won the first motorcycle race I entered. Just after loosing my rider road license, I was hired by a works team. Then I moved to four wheeler. For my first experience, my natural elegance was not really appreciated. Later I changed my suits and tie for a more relaxed outfits driving my F1 with sandals.
I escaped death for a phone call… I'm not superstitious. Not at all. After a withdrawal I decided that a trophy had to be unhooked… Shocking? I lived without fear to be ridiculed or judged, I've been said provocative.
Gentlemen… start your search!
Old 25 Jan 2021, 20:31 (Ref:4031169)   #813
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I see you need an another one…*
What was the second first name of José Gonzalez? Froilan or Jean Pierre?
Was he related to Speedy Gonzales? Yes. No.
He won two F1 GP's on an island you do know quite well. Was it the British Grand Prix or the British Grand Prix?
He drove cars under the banner of Cavallino Rampante. Were those Ferraris or Amilcar?
Well there's a trick here: if you answer Jean Pierre you must answer Amilcar! Or Speedy!
Old 26 Jan 2021, 08:49 (Ref:4031246)   #814
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nobody interested in the answer of # 812? It is said that only Gilles Villeneuve style could match his. Not superstitious, he loved the # 13 but never had it during a race. Fearless, he could have lost his liberty and life just to kiss his beloved wife in public. A joke involving a cigarette was not "uniformly" appreciated. Rider, driver and plane pilot too…
Think bauble and RB at least will tell us more.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 09:57 (Ref:4031251)   #815
bauble
Veteran

England
Quiz;

El Chueco
Petoulet
Le Papillon
Super Rat
La Squalo
The Pampas Bull
Jack O'Malley.

Which is the Odd One Out?

Oh! This is a picture puzzle page, so.Who is this?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2547.JPG  
Old 26 Jan 2021, 10:08 (Ref:4031252)   #816
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Nobody interested in the answer of # 812? It is said that only Gilles Villeneuve style could match his. Not superstitious, he loved the # 13 but never had it during a race. Fearless, he could have lost his liberty and life just to kiss his beloved wife in public. A joke involving a cigarette was not "uniformly" appreciated. Rider, driver and plane pilot too…
Think bauble and RB at least will tell us more.
Surely you are not alluding to Gonzo, Gerard?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8085.JPG  
Old 26 Jan 2021, 10:49 (Ref:4031257)   #817
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Non désolé, Mon Ami, il ne s'agit pas de Gonzales. The one you're looking for was said to have a very good view. Very very good… Hence his nickname.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 10:59 (Ref:4031259)   #818
bauble
Veteran

England
Surprise, surprise, RBS had the answer to the Odd One Out.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 11:14 (Ref:4031262)   #819
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
And since when do we need to be italian fluent to answer?
Picture: this is a plastic badge with a strange name on it!
Old 26 Jan 2021, 19:34 (Ref:4031347)   #820
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What about Bernd Rosemeyer, RB?
Old 30 Jan 2021, 10:10 (Ref:4031983)   #821
bauble
Veteran

England
Where are we?
Attached Thumbnails
AW1.JPG   AW2.JPG   AW4.JPG  

AW6.JPG   AW7.JPG   AW5.jpg  

Old 30 Jan 2021, 10:43 (Ref:4031997)   #822
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
No. 3 Cadwell I think?
No.4 Goodwood?
No.6 Silverstone, the old bridge corner
Old 30 Jan 2021, 10:45 (Ref:4032000)   #823
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
No. 3 Cadwell I think?
No.4 Goodwood?
No.6 Silverstone, the old bridge corner
PM's only please.
Old 30 Jan 2021, 11:00 (Ref:4032008)   #824
midgetman
Veteran

Is that Martin Morris's MG Midget - the red one at the top?

Old 30 Jan 2021, 11:09 (Ref:4032010)   #825
midgetman
Veteran

PM full of wrong answers sent