Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Notices

Old Today, 14:15 (Ref:4030255)   #421
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!
I'm signed up for petrol price alerts, and have noticed that since Christmas the price of unleaded has been slowly creeping upwards, and is now about 6 pence more a litre than it was, after the price had remained static for many weeks.

Being a curious soul, I googled why the price was rising as world prospects in the immediate future don't look all that rosy due to the pandemic, although things are bound to improve during the summer in the northern hemisphere. According to a number of websites, it would appear that many dealers and hedge funds have become very bullish about the future, and have therefore been buying forward vast quantities of oil and derivatives, thereby pushing up the price.

As these people, when they do something like this in tandem, rarely get it wrong, seem to be optimistic about the future, one must be encouraged that we may be able to turn the corner fairly shortly.
Old Today, 14:22 (Ref:4030257)   #422
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
We went to Wiscombe Hill Climb in the ZR last year and let's just say he was shocked how far he was off my pace.
La critique est aisée mais l'art est difficile. Taaaa!
Quand on va mettre les imbéciles en orbite, ça va parler français dans l'espace! Macron voulut être roi, il a l'air fin maintenant! Je ne cherche pas à être populaire. Vouloir être populaire c'est faire voeu de médiocrité. Now, lets go racing!
Old Today, 14:32 (Ref:4030261)   #423
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I'm signed up for petrol price alerts, and have noticed that since Christmas the price of unleaded has been slowly creeping upwards, and is now about 6 pence more a litre than it was, after the price had remained static for many weeks.

Being a curious soul, I googled why the price was rising as world prospects in the immediate future don't look all that rosy due to the pandemic, although things are bound to improve during the summer in the northern hemisphere. According to a number of websites, it would appear that many dealers and hedge funds have become very bullish about the future, and have therefore been buying forward vast quantities of oil and derivatives, thereby pushing up the price.

As these people, when they do something like this in tandem, rarely get it wrong, seem to be optimistic about the future, one must be encouraged that we may be able to turn the corner fairly shortly.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/commodities/oil-price

Brent has been going up for a while now.
Old Today, 14:44 (Ref:4030267)   #424
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!
For Bauble, re the jab.

According to Dr Phil Hammond, writing in the latest issue of Private Eye, he was given his vaccination at work in his hospital. He experienced mild side effects which he states is a good sign that the immune system has responded to the vaccine. However, his and his colleagues' side effects all passed within 48 hours; the side effects tended to be worse for those that had already had Covid-19.
Old Today, 17:34 (Ref:4030301)   #425
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
For Bauble, re the jab.

According to Dr Phil Hammond, writing in the latest issue of Private Eye, he was given his vaccination at work in his hospital. He experienced mild side effects which he states is a good sign that the immune system has responded to the vaccine. However, his and his colleagues' side effects all passed within 48 hours; the side effects tended to be worse for those that had already had Covid-19.
One jab or two so far?

I have seen a US medic suggest the responses to his second jab were more noticeable than the first, though not especially significant for a person of his age (about 40 I would estimate.)
Old Today, 17:45 (Ref:4030305)   #426
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
One jab or two so far?

I have seen a US medic suggest the responses to his second jab were more noticeable than the first, though not especially significant for a person of his age (about 40 I would estimate.)

I get the distinct impression that it was his first vaccination, Grant.
Old Today, 17:49 (Ref:4030308)   #427
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
If you need/want more info, may be you can have a look to The Lancet, serious people I think.
Quand on va mettre les imbéciles en orbite, ça va parler français dans l'espace! Macron voulut être roi, il a l'air fin maintenant! Je ne cherche pas à être populaire. Vouloir être populaire c'est faire voeu de médiocrité. Now, lets go racing!
Old Today, 18:46 (Ref:4030323)   #428
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!
Good news from the Midgetman household. The current Mrs MM works with a dementia charity, and because she regularly visits "vulnerable" people is booked in for vaccination on Saturday Neither of us are anywhere near 80 let me add

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old Today, 20:52 (Ref:4030339)   #429
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Ha yes? Hummm, who is your avatar then?