Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 Jan 2021, 09:32 (Ref:4030213)   #1726
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
So Ingram has taken his Handsford and Ginsters money to Hyundai? Does that make him a pay driver?.....Only there because he has cash?....
Old 20 Jan 2021, 09:34 (Ref:4030215)   #1727
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even if Tingram is not able to fight for the title this year (and I'm not that sure about it), my impression is EXCELR8 is a very professional outfit, seems well-funded as well and Tingram is on a 'multi-year deal.' So he can learn the ropes in 2021, win some races and be right in the title hunt in 2022. I believe they, as the whole package, are well capable of that.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 09:41 (Ref:4030216)   #1728
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
So Ingram has taken his Handsford and Ginsters money to Hyundai? Does that make him a pay driver?.....Only there because he has cash?....
Yes, Yes and Yes.

His commercial partners' requirements were at odds with the direction Speedworks has taken, but a deal with EXCELR8 was possible.

Every driver on the grid has taken their personal sponsors with them to the team they driver for.
Every driver on the grid is a pay driver.
Every driver is only there because they have the cash.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 09:47 (Ref:4030217)   #1729
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
And designed the MG6 and 125i, plus had a hand in the Subaru and the 330.
And the Astra!
Old 20 Jan 2021, 09:50 (Ref:4030218)   #1730
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 20 Jan 2021, 11:51 (Ref:4030228)   #1731
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest update

TeamCarDriverNotes

Confirmed Entries   
Power MaxedVauxhall AstraPlatoConfirmed in press release
Power MaxedVauxhall Astra???Confirmed in press release
Team DynamicsHonda Civic FK8CammishConfirmed in press release
Team DynamicsHonda Civic FK8Shedden/Neal?Confirmed in press release, Neal talked about options away from racing and trying to get a deal for Flash
Autobrite (HARD./BMR)Cupra LeonGoffConfirmed in press release
Autobrite (HARD./BMR)Cupra LeonGeddieConfirmed in press release
HARD./BMRCupra LeonTaylor-SmithConfirmed in press release
HARD./BMRCupra Leon???Confirmed in press release
Laser Tools (HARD./BMR)Infiniti Q50MoffatConfirmed in press release
Laser Tools (HARD./BMR)Infiniti Q50SuttonConfirmed in press release
Laser Tools (HARD./BMR)Infiniti Q50BoardleyConfirmed in press release
Ciceley MotorsportBMW 330iMorganConfirmed in press release
Ciceley MotorsportBMW 330iChiltonConfirmed in press release
EXCELR8 Trade Price CarsHyundai i30SmileyConfirmed in press release
EXCELR8 Trade Price CarsHyundai i30ButelConfirmed in press release
EXCELR8 Trade Price Cars (Ginsters?)Hyundai i30IngramConfirmed in press release
EXCELR8 Trade Price Cars (Ginsters?)Hyundai i30???Confirmed in press release
MB Motorsport accelerated by Blue SquareFord FocusHillConfirmed in press release
MB Motorsport accelerated by Blue SquareFord FocusO.Jackson?Rumours of car/driver connected to Motorbase/Hollamby
Motorbase (AmD)Ford FocusNeate? Confirmed in press release
Motorbase (AmD)Ford FocusOsborne? Confirmed in press release – Osborne family involved with purchase of team
WSRBMW 330iJelley?Reported as considering a move away from Parker
WSRBMW 330iOliphant?Reported in motorsport.com as a confirmed 3-car entry
WSRBMW 330i???Reported in motorsport.com as a confirmed 3-car entry
BTC RacingHonda Civic FK8CookConfirmed in press release
BTC RacingHonda Civic FK8Crees Confirmed in press release
BTC RacingHonda Civic FK8Edwards Confirmed in press release
SpeedworksToyota CorollaButcher?Confirmed in press article
SpeedworksToyota CorollaSmelt?Confirmed in press article

Likely Entries   
??????RowbottomIn this very thread from the driver!
??????ProctorTalk of ‘deal being done’

Possible Entries   
??????Parfitt JrPublicising an attempt to be on the grid

Entries with doubt   
Team DynamicsHonda Civic FK8???Intention for 3rd car reported in MN - depending on TBL

All entries could be marked '*' due to COVID   
Old 20 Jan 2021, 12:13 (Ref:4030231)   #1732
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
So the gap at WSR is surely going to Turkington (barring any financial problems).
I believe the gap at Excelr8 is going to Thompson (although it could be Proctor).
I also believe the gap at Team HARD is going to Hamilton.
This leaves only one spot left on the grid, at PMR, and both Proctor and Rowbottom have said that they are likely to be on the grid. So either one of the previous assumptions is wrong, or one of Proctor and Rowbottom will be on the sidelines, with the other going to PMR.
At Team Dynamics, I think it will still be Matt Neal, who will do one more year before retiring (along with Plato). Then hopefully Shedden will come back in 2022, as I can't see Team Dynamics getting a third car.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 12:47 (Ref:4030232)   #1733
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Now that Tingram has been confirmed at Excelr8, hopefully he can help them move further up the grid after their promising first year with the Hyundai
Old 20 Jan 2021, 13:49 (Ref:4030249)   #1734
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
So the gap at WSR is surely going to Turkington (barring any financial problems).
I believe the gap at Excelr8 is going to Thompson (although it could be Proctor).
This leaves only one spot left on the grid, at PMR, and both Proctor and Rowbottom have said that they are likely to be on the grid. So either one of the previous assumptions is wrong, or one of Proctor and Rowbottom will be on the sidelines, with the other going to PMR.
At Team Dynamics, I think it will still be Matt Neal, who will do one more year before retiring (along with Plato). Then hopefully Shedden will come back in 2022, as I can't see Team Dynamics getting a third car.
They'll need to have found a backer to fill the void of BMW's input to keep Turks. Fingers crossed.

Now it's apparent Dynamic's will only be 2 cars, i expect Cammish to have a new teammate who brings backing. Looks like Neal having to put Business before his desire for one final season. Though don't think he won't race this season though, just not BTCC.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 14:08 (Ref:4030254)   #1735
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
They'll need to have found a backer to fill the void of BMW's input to keep Turks. Fingers crossed.
Has there been any announcement about BMW stepping down? Also, has BMW really supported WSR financially?
Old 20 Jan 2021, 14:36 (Ref:4030264)   #1736
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Has there been any announcement about BMW stepping down? Also, has BMW really supported WSR financially?
1. Nope
2. Yes

BMW funded the entire development of the current engine and the new 3-Series. Plus, paid Colin's wages of late.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 14:40 (Ref:4030265)   #1737
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
WestHam92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a good move for Ingram. The Hyundais looked decent last season and 13th and 14th is definitely not the best Excelr8 could achieve. I'd expect Smiley to finish around there again, but Ingram will be in contention for victories. Hopefully Thompson joins, as they'll have a good lineup with Ingram, Thompson and Smiley...maybe not Butel though
Old 20 Jan 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4030290)   #1738
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
1. Nope
2. Yes

BMW funded the entire development of the current engine and the new 3-Series. Plus, paid Colin's wages of late.
Yes, I knew about Colin's wage. Still, the lack of any kind of announcement makes me hopeful WSR will be a 'factory' BMW team, although recent trend in BMW Motorsport's programmes is worrying...
Old 20 Jan 2021, 17:27 (Ref:4030299)   #1739
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
A BMW subsidiary or "partner" may fill the funding gap, that's if there is one.

I am anticipating Matt will be partnering Dan Camm.

The ? for me is PMR - have they new partners on board who are not dependent on hospitality? I hope so, as I really would like JP and MN having one last season at it.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 17:28 (Ref:4030300)   #1740
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Yes, I knew about Colin's wage. Still, the lack of any kind of announcement makes me hopeful WSR will be a 'factory' BMW team, although recent trend in BMW Motorsport's programmes is worrying...
wsr didnt announce their team until early march last year
Old 20 Jan 2021, 17:51 (Ref:4030310)   #1741
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
wsr didnt announce their team until early march last year
They had announced all three drivers in December 2019.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 18:27 (Ref:4030317)   #1742
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
They had announced all three drivers in December 2019.
yeah i mean the bmw part of it
Old 20 Jan 2021, 18:48 (Ref:4030325)   #1743
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Don't see Plato retiring from btcc anytime soon tbh.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 20:16 (Ref:4030333)   #1744
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Much the pity.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 20:25 (Ref:4030335)   #1745
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Retiring - maybe not. Not racing as he doesn't have the budget - quite possibly, after all that's why he was absent last year.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 20:35 (Ref:4030336)   #1746
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Retiring - maybe not. Not racing as he doesn't have the budget - quite possibly, after all that's why he was absent last year.
True. I feel the time we don't see him on the grid is when his bank balance would go down rather than up by competing - and I wouldn't criticise him for it.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 21:01 (Ref:4030340)   #1747
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but doesn't he really want those 100 wins ? as he is so close to achieve it
Old 20 Jan 2021, 22:46 (Ref:4030353)   #1748
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Probably not at a cost to his own wealth. If someone else is paying then great.
Old 21 Jan 2021, 06:00 (Ref:4030380)   #1749
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Last season tells the story.
Old 21 Jan 2021, 07:53 (Ref:4030385)   #1750
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I know he wants those wins; wanting to win some races and wanting your bank balance half a million lighter I doubt it - he has a family to feed after all!

I suspect he's been busy for months now working his long contact list to put a deal or deals together...