Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 Mar 2021, 15:40 (Ref:4041731)   #2801
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would seem the "Jordan fanboys" have no undersytanding of the commercial world, contracts or the reality of running a comercial race team.
As said before, the whole matter could, & should, have been settled amicably and in private, however chosing to make derogatory comments does tend to negatively impact the situation.
(No connection with WSR, just aware of how the world and business operates)
Old 20 Mar 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4041736)   #2802
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Where’s the ‘scummy wsr’ comment gone?
Old 20 Mar 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4041739)   #2803
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Where’s the ‘scummy wsr’ comment gone?
Old 20 Mar 2021, 17:20 (Ref:4041758)   #2804
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do you really have to ask?
Old 20 Mar 2021, 17:39 (Ref:4041769)   #2805
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Not entirely relevant, but an business example.

Early last year, one of the overseas event organisers placed advertising in a publication I work on promoting forthcoming events. The pandemic came and the events got cancelled, no payment was forthcoming due to 'lack of funds' from cancelled events. Advertising was initially placed in 'good faith' and we published it in 'good faith'. We call all argue that things change in extreme circumstances.

We open the latest issue of a premium UK car mag to see a double page advert for their 2021 events, even though they have not paid us for their 2020 advertising.

We tried to accomodate them with some staged payments over many months without success and extracting what is quite small sums from an overseas company is difficult and time comsuming, so I have no doubt that after a bit more sabre rattling it will be written off.

The point being, that yes people make well intended commitments and yes things change, but it doesn't mean that no costs are involved.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 18:04 (Ref:4041779)   #2806
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if WSR commited so much resources to running that 3rd car then why didn't they do like PMR for example have multiple drivers over the season to cover them instead of going after poor Jordan who really can't be blamed for the pandemic difficulties on his part
Old 20 Mar 2021, 18:32 (Ref:4041791)   #2807
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
if WSR commited so much resources to running that 3rd car then why didn't they do like PMR for example have multiple drivers over the season to cover them instead of going after poor Jordan who really can't be blamed for the pandemic difficulties on his part

Blooming heck, poor little Jordan!

Firstly, why should WSR have to do anything apart from comply with the contract that they, and Jordan, both signed in good faith unaware of what was coming down the road.

And secondly, neither you nor I know how much resource had been put into preparing his car at the time that he decided to break his contract. And, knowing how businesses work, I would hazard a guess that WSR did not ask him to pay the full amount of the contracted sum, but kept it to a reasonable amount that covered their costs up to that point in time. It could be that they had already wrapped the car based on his sponsorship contracts, and that doesn't come cheap. And I am sure that many other costs were expended on his behalf.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 18:51 (Ref:4041797)   #2808
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
In the Jordan article, it explains that one of the liabilities was damage expenses.
If Jordan didn't feel he wanted to risk that expense - why do you think any other driver (or WSR) would be willing to take the risk?
Old 20 Mar 2021, 20:13 (Ref:4041824)   #2809
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
the words “attitude test” and “failed” spring to mind over the whole situation :/
Jordan strikes as the biggest ass to ever be involved in BTCC. Heck, Chris James and John B&Q both look like thoroughly decent human beings in comparison!
Old 20 Mar 2021, 20:27 (Ref:4041829)   #2810
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
In the Jordan article, it explains that one of the liabilities was damage expenses.
If Jordan didn't feel he wanted to risk that expense - why do you think any other driver (or WSR) would be willing to take the risk?
Plenty of people with deep pockets who would have loved to sit in a WSR,but WSR wouldn't have neccesarily wanted them and as the BMW works team and 'face' of BMW, I doubt they wanted to turn it into a rentadrive.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 20:32 (Ref:4041830)   #2811
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Quote:
You can of course insure against this, but in a series like the BTCC it will be very expensive and with very high excess payments. Generally for motor racing car insurance, you do not get total loss cover either.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 21:34 (Ref:4041848)   #2812
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame the whole Jordan/WSR thing is still going on as they appeared to be a good match. I can understand his disappointment but equally why should WSR which is ultimately a business be left to cover costs associated with his drive once he decided he wasn't driving but was then happy to go talking to other teams.

Whilst his fans will no doubt be loving the way he is going on about it on Twitter, it doesn't really put him in a good light with potential sponsors, time will tell but I don't think we'll be seeing Dan Cammish do the same with how his situation fell through with Dynamics.

If you remember last year there was supposedly a few drivers interested in doing a deal for the last 3/4 rounds of the season so there was stuff going on but as said higher up - doing a rent-a-drive for each round with someone different in the car probably didn't appeal to the team, especially as the PMR one didn't really set the world alight, there were a few ok results but we spent most of the year with a car capable of being in the top 5/6 running around in the mid/lower teens.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 22:16 (Ref:4041858)   #2813
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has Andrew Jordan ever really worked out at any team not run by his father?
Old 20 Mar 2021, 22:25 (Ref:4041860)   #2814
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Has Andrew Jordan ever really worked out at any team not run by his father?
That would be a ‘NO’!
Old 21 Mar 2021, 16:36 (Ref:4042090)   #2815
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Jordan strikes as the biggest ass to ever be involved in BTCC. Heck, Chris James and John B&Q both look like thoroughly decent human beings in comparison!
To be fair for all AJ's twitter outbursts, I don't think it's ever challenged anyone to fight him in the paddock
Old 21 Mar 2021, 18:10 (Ref:4042104)   #2816
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe he should pursue Drifting ?

Old 21 Mar 2021, 19:18 (Ref:4042115)   #2817
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon411 View Post
Shame the whole Jordan/WSR thing is still going on as they appeared to be a good match. I can understand his disappointment but equally why should WSR which is ultimately a business be left to cover costs associated with his drive once he decided he wasn't driving but was then happy to go talking to other teams.

Whilst his fans will no doubt be loving the way he is going on about it on Twitter, it doesn't really put him in a good light with potential sponsors, time will tell but I don't think we'll be seeing Dan Cammish do the same with how his situation fell through with Dynamics.

If you remember last year there was supposedly a few drivers interested in doing a deal for the last 3/4 rounds of the season so there was stuff going on but as said higher up - doing a rent-a-drive for each round with someone different in the car probably didn't appeal to the team, especially as the PMR one didn't really set the world alight, there were a few ok results but we spent most of the year with a car capable of being in the top 5/6 running around in the mid/lower teens.

I'm not sure he cares whether it draws sponsors in for him or not he's made it pretty clear he isn't interested in returning to btcc
Old 21 Mar 2021, 21:35 (Ref:4042132)   #2818
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’m a big fan of Jordan and his driving. It’s a shame he isn’t still in the BMW and the BTCC. We as fans are losing out.

However the way he has behaved after all this is pretty poor. We’ve seen from quite a few interviews the way he can throw all his toys out the pram.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 23:17 (Ref:4042144)   #2819
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
I'm not sure he cares whether it draws sponsors in for him or not he's made it pretty clear he isn't interested in returning to btcc
Yes, if you unnecessarily say something so many times, it shows us the desperate truth...
Old 22 Mar 2021, 11:36 (Ref:4042195)   #2820
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota showed their livery. I must say it looks quite good and neat and very much in line with all other Toyota Gazoo Racing liveries.
Old 22 Mar 2021, 14:21 (Ref:4042218)   #2821
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes the livery is brilliant - should be easy to pick them out of the pack too.
Old 22 Mar 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4042226)   #2822
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So Toyota Gazoo Racing have found a way to have two launches of the same livery?

1 March

22 March
Old 22 Mar 2021, 15:17 (Ref:4042233)   #2823
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must be taking notes from Hard
Old 22 Mar 2021, 16:32 (Ref:4042254)   #2824
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Talking of HARD. - I notice their third car (Goff) is running in all black for testing.

Given the Hamilton livery that we have seen, it looks like HARD.'s base colour is going to be black, with sponsors overlaid.
Old 22 Mar 2021, 16:34 (Ref:4042256)   #2825
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Talking of HARD. - I notice their third car (Goff) is running in all black for testing.

Given the Hamilton livery that we have seen, it looks like HARD.'s base colour is going to be black, with sponsors overlaid.
Hamiltons livery was designed from scratch by him so I wouldn't assume it has any bearing on the other cars. From what Hard have said the three others cars will be in camo for testing with the liveries coming later.