Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Jun 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4057993)   #601
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I doubt the book would be much to read about. A case of ‘said a lot, did very little’
I don't expect there to be any thing new that changes the overall narrative. Which probably is... "said a lot, did very little". What should it be? I hope what we see in the book is some of the next level down in details. That "fly on the wall" level that after you read you think... WTF and shake your head at the lunacy.

Right now, I think most details that we know about are of the level that seem appropriate for a short web article. If the authors are able to get those who were involved (or close by) to provide specifics, then I expect we will learn things. I also think some of the financial stuff has not really been covered much in the press (probably a boring topic for most) even if some here have talked a bit about it after doing their own digging in public records.

I think there is quite a lot to tell. Backstory on W. Storey? Who are his partners? Where is/did the funding come from? How much funding really exists? The entire Whyte Bike logo fiasco (and what eventually happened there)? Whatever happened to all of those cans that were supposed to be destroyed as part of the Whyte settlement? (I bought a few cans with an old logo as recently as a few month ago). And all of that is not even talking about Haas F1!

I think the topic is clearly book worthy. I think there is space for at least one good book. I just hope the authors are able to get all of the details that would fully cover the topic and not make it just a summary of what we already know or suspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Maybe Ms Blackstock is yet another self publicist peddaling something that doesn't actually exist?
That post gave me quite a laugh. So what is wrong with that? Especially if the authors are clearly upfront about what they are doing (promoting a future endeavor to gain traction). Is the implication that those behind this book are no different than W. Storey/Rich Energy!? Boy, I sure hope people are able to see the gap/difference between those two groups!

Richard
Old 24 Jun 2021, 14:36 (Ref:4057997)   #602
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They would save a lot of time and effort on the book if they just collected all his tweets and put them together
Old 24 Jun 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4057998)   #603
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
They would save a lot of time and effort on the book if they just collected all his tweets and put them together
Or a funny video series in which a variety of F1 personalities read the tweets.

Richard
Old 24 Jun 2021, 17:45 (Ref:4058034)   #604
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Or a funny video series in which a variety of F1 personalities read the tweets.

Richard

The tweets might sound more convincing in their voices!
Old 24 Jun 2021, 19:05 (Ref:4058043)   #605
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
The tweets might sound more convincing in their voices!
They just have to make the appropriate WTF face and after they read them.

Richard
Old 2 Sep 2021, 07:50 (Ref:4071594)   #606
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://twitter.com/richenergyceo/st...Pyxxpct1w&s=19
Old 5 Sep 2021, 09:00 (Ref:4072115)   #607
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Plenty of space to fill on a 2021 Williams I noticed when the cameras finally focused on Mr Russell's car...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 Sep 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4072142)   #608
S griffin
Veteran

I think it's more likely that Kimi will come back before we see Rich Energy back in F1
Old 26 Sep 2021, 00:24 (Ref:4075512)   #609
Richard C
Veteran

I meant to post this a few weeks ago, but forgot and then somehow I ran across it again.

https://jalopnik.com/formula-one-wil...car-1847661177

That article was written by one of the two authors who are working on the Rich Energy book. When I read that article my heart sank for any hope that the book might actually be something. I will gladly point out the issues with F1 and even point to where Indycar is doing it right. But that article is so badly off the mark that I wonder if the author really understands F1 at all. The comments on the article speak volumes.

I am curious to see what comes of the book. I do hope that whoever writes about this is more knowledgeable about the sport.

Richard
Old 26 Sep 2021, 01:01 (Ref:4075513)   #610
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know what you mean.

If only the (motorsport) world was so simple. I cringe at anything that moans that F1 doesn’t have the best 20 drivers in it and equally cringe at the proclamation that Indycar is second rate. How over the last 30 years we haven’t moved on from two equally simplistic takes.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 02:59 (Ref:4075532)   #611
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I meant to post this a few weeks ago, but forgot and then somehow I ran across it again.

https://jalopnik.com/formula-one-wil...car-1847661177

That article was written by one of the two authors who are working on the Rich Energy book. When I read that article my heart sank for any hope that the book might actually be something. I will gladly point out the issues with F1 and even point to where Indycar is doing it right. But that article is so badly off the mark that I wonder if the author really understands F1 at all. The comments on the article speak volumes.

I am curious to see what comes of the book. I do hope that whoever writes about this is more knowledgeable about the sport.

Richard
from Adam43
I know what you mean.

If only the (motorsport) world was so simple. I cringe at anything that moans that F1 doesn’t have the best 20 drivers in it and equally cringe at the proclamation that Indycar is second rate. How over the last 30 years we haven’t moved on from two equally simplistic takes.

My View
Both statements are true.
And the article Richard cites also has some truth in it but takes a simplistic view. The fact that the winner of the F2 title can't get a seat to race in F1 next year but isn't allowed back into F2 creates a ridiculous situation which makes a nonsense of the whole FIA ladder when they spend so much in F1 and the whole sport is so expensive.
It was a BETTER sport and ladder system back in 1967 and 68 when F2 cars filled out the field at the Nurburgring and F1 drivers raced in F2 and other categories and there was more crossover.

But what we have now is the result of decades of over regulation and cost escalation that his created something malformed as a ladder system and resembling the legendary Quasimodo of Victor Hugo's novel.

Does F1 have the twenty best drivers in the world? No.
Some of them? Yes. But not all of them.

And both series have distinctive characteristics that don't emulate each other but create enough distinction to characterize them as worthwhile events and championships.
But I couldn't say the actual champion of either was the automatically the best in the world that year. One of the best? Yes. But other forms of racing also have great drivers.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 09:28 (Ref:4075565)   #612
S griffin
Veteran

The fact is, for sure there are fewer opportunities for younger drivers to get in F1 with so limited seats, which is a shame for someone like Illiot. But there always has been great drivers who never raced in F1. See the likes of AJ Foyt, Rick Mears, Dario Franchitti and Tom Kristensen.
Old 10 Oct 2021, 13:47 (Ref:4077791)   #613
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Back on Rich Energy for a minute.. did anyone see Mr Plato’s BTCC car this weekend has a big Rich Energy logo on the C Pillar…?

Too busy for f1? Or is Mr Plato off to Alfa Romeo Sauber Andretti?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Oct 2021, 18:13 (Ref:4077872)   #614
Richard C
Veteran

Maybe the secret friend/partner that is going to buy a team and then let Rich Energy be the primary sponsor is Michael Andretti!

Richard
Old 10 Oct 2021, 19:46 (Ref:4077880)   #615
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Back on Rich Energy for a minute.. did anyone see Mr Plato’s BTCC car this weekend has a big Rich Energy logo on the C Pillar…?

Been there all year
Old 10 Oct 2021, 21:38 (Ref:4077907)   #616
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

May 5th -
Old 19 Oct 2021, 13:18 (Ref:4079099)   #617
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Rumours starting to circulate that Rich Energy's presence on the grid in 2022 will be connected to Alpine....
Old 19 Oct 2021, 15:05 (Ref:4079104)   #618
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Rumours starting to circulate that Rich Energy's presence on the grid in 2022 will be connected to Alpine....
Any links to share?

Might this be the same source that reported Mercedes was loosing Petronas and would be switching to Aramco sponsorship?

Richard
Old 19 Oct 2021, 15:21 (Ref:4079105)   #619
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Any links to share?

Might this be the same source that reported Mercedes was loosing Petronas and would be switching to Aramco sponsorship?

Richard
I think some of it may be stemming from this -https://twitter.com/rich_energy/status/1450445841915854852?t=XnRtys9qSQq1cbX0sBbBFA&s=19

Intriguing all round I think. ?
Old 19 Oct 2021, 15:28 (Ref:4079108)   #620
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mr Storey making a small molehill out of a single word, it looks like.

Although why, WHY, Stefano is consorting with Flavio is a tale that we all need to be told straight away!
Old 19 Oct 2021, 15:37 (Ref:4079109)   #621
Richard C
Veteran

Lol! If that is it. That must be the definition of "grasping at straws".

I have a number of google alerts setup for various keywords including one for "Rich Energy". Of which almost all "hits" are completely unrelated to the drink company. A common example is articles that say something like "country X is an energy rich nation".

Storey must being doing the same. Anytime someone uses "Rich Energy" or in this case just "Energy" he can claim credit. I guess it works, it revived this thread!

Who at Renault in their right mind would link up with this guy?

Richard
Old 19 Oct 2021, 15:45 (Ref:4079110)   #622
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Mr Storey making a small molehill out of a single word, it looks like.

Although why, WHY, Stefano is consorting with Flavio is a tale that we all need to be told straight away!
Yes, all intriguing.

Flavio and Stefano record a video.
Alpine fan channel pick up on it.
Storey pick up on Alpine fan channel tweet.

Is Flavio linked to Alpine?
Is Storey linked to Flavio?
Is Alpine linked to Storey?
Are all 3 linked?
Old 19 Oct 2021, 16:48 (Ref:4079116)   #623
S griffin
Veteran

It's another 'believe it when I see it'. All those things just seem like coincidence and yet another way for Mr Storey to get his name in the spotlight

Flavio may have managed the old Renault team which is now Alpine, but that was a long time ago, so it's probably nothing
Old 19 Oct 2021, 16:59 (Ref:4079121)   #624
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yes, all intriguing.

Flavio and Stefano record a video.
Alpine fan channel pick up on it.
Storey pick up on Alpine fan channel tweet.

Is Flavio linked to Alpine?
Is Storey linked to Flavio?
Is Alpine linked to Storey?
Are all 3 linked?
Is it Penry, the mild mannered janitor?
Old 19 Oct 2021, 17:33 (Ref:4079127)   #625
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Is it Penry, the mild mannered janitor?