Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 22 Aug 2004, 08:15 (Ref:1074151)   #1
muzza4ever
Racer

England
Grim up North, UK
muzza4ever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Viewing spots at Spa

Hi we're going to the Belgian GP next weekend and wondered if anyone had any tips on the best places to view from?

We've got general admission tickets and Eau Rouge is an obvious choice but wondered where the other good places were.
Old 22 Aug 2004, 10:16 (Ref:1074212)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow. Enjoy. It is a fantastic place and F1 cars there are amazing.

You may find Eau Rouge a little difficult with Bronze. Although a good view of the exit should be possible. The whole of the Kemmel straight is accessible. The view down it is very good, between the trees. Les Combes at the end is good for seeing racing. Quite often the week will defend on the inside in there only to be taken on the outside.

Walk as much of the circuit as you can, even if it isn't while the cars are on track. It is fantastic.

Other highlights are the cliffs of death. Just before Pouhon people perch on the sheer drop down to the track and you get a great 'birds eye view' (a real above view, not the bird eye view from the ground level that ITV claimed Zonta had!). Pouhon is excellent, wander all the way around this.

It is also worth, briefly, seeing the cars on the back straight. you can get close (and this time slightly above) to the cars as the speed by at 200mph. It is impressive, but you don't see them for long and ultimately they aren't doing much!

However a wander along the track gets you to braking for the Bus Stop. This should still be impressive and you can come back and tell us what F1 cars are like through the new section of track.

My first view of an F1 car at Spa was at La Source. The cars were coming straight at us and shouldn't look quick. However it was incredible.

If you love motorsport, you will love Spa. Do a couple of searches in the trackside forum and F1 forum for aspects of Spa.

I am jealous.

Last edited by Adam43; 22 Aug 2004 at 10:18.
Old 22 Aug 2004, 10:18 (Ref:1074215)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Moved to trackside
Old 22 Aug 2004, 12:22 (Ref:1074326)   #4
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Take ear defenders or at least earplugs. I'd imagine that F1 cars round spa are very loud!
Old 22 Aug 2004, 13:06 (Ref:1074350)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
They are very loud and very high pitched. It can be painful!
Old 22 Aug 2004, 17:04 (Ref:1074471)   #6
muzza4ever
Racer

England
Grim up North, UK
Thanks guys have ear plugs and foldaway chairs ;-) after getting drenched for 4 hours at Silverstone in 98 I don't intend to be that uncomfortable again although long range forecast looks good - warm and 25C on race day can't wait - waterproofs will be taken!
Old 22 Aug 2004, 22:15 (Ref:1074687)   #7
billyblister
Racer

billyblister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent guys, I'm doing the same thing myself. The only thing I'm worried about is having to get up at the crack of dawn to get the best views and the security in the campsite.
Can't wait to go though....
Old 22 Aug 2004, 22:45 (Ref:1074706)   #8
Liam Nelson
Rookie

Liam Nelson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by billyblister
Excellent guys, I'm doing the same thing myself. The only thing I'm worried about is having to get up at the crack of dawn to get the best views and the security in the campsite.
Can't wait to go though....
I cant wait either, security should be ok, if you lock as much as poss in your car! I guess it'll be the luck of the draw what views you get... hopefully it'll be a good one... Have a good one...

Liam
Old 23 Aug 2004, 06:30 (Ref:1074844)   #9
muzza4ever
Racer

England
Grim up North, UK
yeah getting up at 4.30 at Silverstone wasn't much fun it has to be said. Worth it to hear those engines though.

We're staying in Aachen so have to travel to the circuit by car. Whilst we'll be getting up early there's no way I'm doing 5 in the morning this time around! Must be getting old!

Suppose good reccies on Friday and Saturday are the key really.
Old 3 Sep 2004, 13:23 (Ref:1085920)   #10
muzza4ever
Racer

England
Grim up North, UK
For all those interested here are my observations.

The exit at Bus stop chicane is a pretty good viewing spot be sure to bring some sturdy boots/wellies cos if it's raining it's a pretty mucky affair.

Also parking is a lot simpler if you are travelling by car if you use the Croncorchamps car park (no queues, a shuttle bus is provided) we avoided lengthy queues both days by using this car park.

Sun tan lotion as well! If it's not raining you could easily burn as my lobster red forehead pays testament to!

And to see F1 cars flying up Eau Rouge is a sight I will never forget