Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Apr 2021, 11:43 (Ref:4048436)   #51
Jamie Brown
Rookie

Jamie Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Yes the announcements have really slowed, we are at 24 cars overall, with a capacity of 35, and 25 days until racing.

Its now getting quite close in the runnings to think that we will see a full 35 car grid this year.

There is a GT3 announcemnet on thursday morning so we shall see there.

Of the undeclared-

RJN had said they would be running a GT3 in British GT and GTWC Euro, neither of which have materialised just yet.

TF Sport per above are a big loss, its mad to think of British GT only having a single Aston GT3 confirmed so far...

2 Seas have their brand new pair of AMG's that were evaluating race series in Europe, so that may happen still..

I dont think we will see last years AF Corse Ferrari, with their Euro plans back on track this year.

Optimum are now pretty well pegged between GTWC Euro & America, + a GT Open program supposedly. They did have an additional purely customer car running at Silverstone last year that hasnt announced any plans, so theres maybe something there.

Balfe have taken their new Audi to GT Open, they have their Proctor car running, I dont think there is any additional cars there to announce, except for maybe a Mia Flewitt GT4.

Tolman have never reappeared from COVID with their pair of 570s'... maybe they sold, I know their focus now is on historics.

Its hard really to see where there are too many more entries at this point. I think if we hit maybe 28 cars that'd be ok...
Hopefully we will see a few more cars. Still more cars than most of the season last year entered so far! Like you say not heard anything from 2 Seas Motorsport as yet - hopefuly 2 Mercedes GT3's! Then there is also planned Audi's GT3/4 with Stellar Performance I've seen photos of the GT4 out testing on Facebook page, a planned second Speedworks Toyota GT4, a planned second JRM Bentley. I've seen Ultimate Speed Racing are planning some outings with there Aston Martin GT3 according to Facebook as well. I would guess they will be doing the 2/3 Hour races.
Old 4 May 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4049701)   #52
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another GT3 to be announced at 9am tomorrow.

That’ll take us to 13 GT3’s

Looks like it’ll be 14-15 tops, hopefully we can see 13-14 GT4s to accompany and that will be what I’d call a decent grid considering the current conditions.

Hoping to make it to Brands, Snetterton and maybe Donington this year.

Snetterton is only 45 mins from me so will be doing one or two of the GT Cup meetings there this year as well
Old 5 May 2021, 08:02 (Ref:4049765)   #53
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another McLaren to add.

https://www.britishgt.com/news/714/e...ok-and-clutton
Old 5 May 2021, 08:18 (Ref:4049767)   #54
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
British GT 2021

Nice livery.

Cool to see a GT4 team step up to GT3 as well,

And it means we are at 13 GT3s with a few of the potential rumoured entrants like Stellar, 2 Seas, RJN etc still on the cards.

1-2 more GT3 entries would be a happy place

Really tough year for Aston Martin GT3s, not too many years after they completely dominated GT3. A single Beechdean car, and the invitational entries from TF and Ultimate for race by race

I really hope we see a few more British brand GT3s so we have a majority of British cars on the grid. we just get to see the Mercs and Lambos pretty heavily in ADAC GT, GTWC, etc it’s always nice to see the British brands in force here
Old 12 May 2021, 08:49 (Ref:4051202)   #55
Bcarr6
Veteran

Ultimate Speed make it 14 GT3's at 4 of 7 events this year. They will be at Brands, Snetterton, and both Donnington rounds

Ultimate Speed - Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - Matt Anderson / Mike Brown

Atleast 2 more cars to be announced prior to mondays entry list announcement.

GT3 & GT4 announcements tomorrow and friday morning. So we are looking at a minimum of a 28 car grid + the partial season Ultimate car.
Old 12 May 2021, 08:53 (Ref:4051204)   #56
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Ultimate Speed make it 14 GT3's at 4 of 7 events this year. They will be at Brands, Snetterton, and both Donnington rounds

Ultimate Speed - Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - Matt Anderson / Mike Brown

Atleast 2 more cars to be announced prior to mondays entry list announcement.

GT3 & GT4 announcements tomorrow and friday morning. So we are looking at a minimum of a 28 car grid + the partial season Ultimate car.
Very reasonable number of cars.

Just wish a Mustang or two and a Camaro could do GT4!!
Old 12 May 2021, 11:25 (Ref:4051232)   #57
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Very reasonable number of cars.

Just wish a Mustang or two and a Camaro could do GT4!!
We have a single Mustang in GT4 from academy.

Not so sure that Camaro actually exists anymore! Bar the one in Euro GT4, and Pilot Challenge
Old 12 May 2021, 11:32 (Ref:4051236)   #58
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Unless they've set up a track on the grounds of the castle, it's Donington you're looking for.
Old 12 May 2021, 22:20 (Ref:4051340)   #59
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
We have a single Mustang in GT4 from academy.

Not so sure that Camaro actually exists anymore! Bar the one in Euro GT4, and Pilot Challenge
Ahh my bad the Mustang already mentioned, yes, thanks Bcarr

Camaro runs in France and the main series. Ironically neither are currently entered in the American SRO series.

Mustang is competitive, Camaro not quotw so but they add further shape and sound!
Old 13 May 2021, 08:53 (Ref:4051405)   #60
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Ahh my bad the Mustang already mentioned, yes, thanks Bcarr

Camaro runs in France and the main series. Ironically neither are currently entered in the American SRO series.

Mustang is competitive, Camaro not quotw so but they add further shape and sound!
Its a shame, love the diversity the Camaro brings
Old 13 May 2021, 08:56 (Ref:4051407)   #61
Bcarr6
Veteran

Stellar Motorsport - Audi R8 LMS GT4 - Richard Williams / Sennan Fielding

27 cars + partial season entry for Ultimate.

One more announcement to go prior to mondays entry list.

Looks like RJN have been confirmed as no GT3, and seeing as Stellar just announced their plans, I doubt their GT3 R8 is going to be running a full season.

2 Seas are now probably the only hope of any extra GT3 cars, so all eyes on tomorrow morning.

13/14 GT3 cars + 14 GT4 cars currently.

5 short of capacity isnt the end of the world, but I think last year showed how good 35 car grids look on the British GT
Old 13 May 2021, 08:57 (Ref:4051408)   #62
Jamie Brown
Rookie

Now up to 14 GT4 Entries. Audi R8 LMS GT4 with Sennan Fielding and Richard Williams.

https://www.britishgt.com/news/717/s...ng-audi-r8-lms
Old 13 May 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4051457)   #63
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

27 cars + partial season entry for Ultimate.

One more announcement to go prior to mondays entry list.

Looks like RJN have been confirmed as no GT3, and seeing as Stellar just announced their plans, I doubt their GT3 R8 is going to be running a full season.

2 Seas are now probably the only hope of any extra GT3 cars, so all eyes on tomorrow morning.

13/14 GT3 cars + 14 GT4 cars currently.

5 short of capacity isnt the end of the world, but I think last year showed how good 35 car grids look on the British GT
It seems that they're doing GT4 this year because they can't continue as silver/ silver in GT3. I've said it before but I just do not understand the logic of dropping silver/ silver from GT3.

Am I right in thinking we are still waiting for the drivers confirmation for the second RAM Mercedes or is this no longer happening?
Old 13 May 2021, 13:59 (Ref:4051472)   #64
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0U170NS View Post
It seems that they're doing GT4 this year because they can't continue as silver/ silver in GT3. I've said it before but I just do not understand the logic of dropping silver/ silver from GT3.

Am I right in thinking we are still waiting for the drivers confirmation for the second RAM Mercedes or is this no longer happening?

RAM announced 2 cars but the lineup is still TBC.

Actually tomorrow’s announcement could well be that, or it could be someone else and RAM are only doing one car

All a bit TBC until Monday
Old 13 May 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4051503)   #65
Bcarr6
Veteran

Per above, Ram's 2nd car is announced as a race by race entry.

James Cottingham / Sam De Haan will be aboard at Brands HAtch, evaluating potential further outings through the year
Old 14 May 2021, 08:57 (Ref:4051599)   #66
Bcarr6
Veteran

So the announcement this morning was just reconfirming Assetto Motrosports Ginetta. We are set for 25-26 full season cars, with 2 extra GT3's for Brands

Grid entry announcing at 5pm GMT, so this is the best guest prior

GT3 Class - 12-14 Cars

Balfe Motorsport - Mclaren 720s GT3 - Stuart Proctor / Lewis Proctor
Beechdean AMR - Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - Jonny Adam / Andrew Howard
Barwell Motorsport - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Sandy Mitchell / Adam Balon
Barwell Motorsport - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Dennis Lind / Leo Machitski
Enduro Motorsport - Mclaren 720s GT3 - Marcus Clutton / Morgan Tilbrook
G-Cat Racing - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Shamus Jennings / Greg Caton
JRM Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Martin Plowman / Kelvin Fletcher
Ram Racing - Mercedes AMG GT3 - James Cottingham / Sam De Haan
Ram Racing - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Ian Loggie / Yelmer Buurman
Simon Green Motorsport - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Lucky Khera / Ross Wylie
Team ABBA Racing - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Richard Neary / Sam Neary
Team Parker Racing - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Nick Jones / Scott Malvern
WPI Motorsport - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Phil Keen / Michael Igoe
Ultimate Speed - Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - Matt Anderson / Mike Brown (partial season)

GT4 Class - 13-14 Cars

Academy Motorsport - Ford Mustang GT4 - Matt Cowley / TBC
Assetto Motorsport - Ginetta G55 GT4 - Charlie Robertson / Mark Sansom
Assetto Motorsport - Ginetta G55 GT4 - Will Burns / TBC (potentially not happening)
Balfe Motorsport - Mclaren 570s GT4 - Jack Brown / Ashley Marshall
Century Motorsport - BMW M4 GT4 - Gus Burton / Will Burns
Century Motorsport - BMW M4 GT4 - Christopher Salkeld / Andrew Gordon-Colebrooke
Ciceley Motorsport - Mercedes AMG GT4 - Jake Giddings / David Whitmore
Fox Motorsport - Mclaren 570s GT4 - Nick Halstead / Jamie Stanley
Newbridge Motorsport - Aston Martin Vantage GT4 - Matt Topham / Darren Turner
Speedworks Motorsport - Toyota Supra GT4 - TBA / TBC
Team Rocket RJN - Mclaren 570s GT4 - Alain Valente / Michael Benyahia
Team Rocket RJN - Mclaren 570s GT4 - Harry Hayek / Katie Milner
Team Rocket RJN - Mclaren 570s GT4 - Jordan Collard / James Kell
Old 14 May 2021, 12:14 (Ref:4051639)   #67
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
So the announcement this morning was just reconfirming Assetto Motorsports Ginetta....
Or, indeed, freshly announcing they will be in the new G56 car.

The DSC story says it is V8 powered, which I assume means the same powerplant as the Mustang.
Old 14 May 2021, 18:58 (Ref:4051704)   #68
Bcarr6
Veteran

26 for brands,

No Newbridge, so looks like we will see as low as 24 cars in certain races
Old 14 May 2021, 20:18 (Ref:4051709)   #69
Jamie Brown
Rookie

Quote:
26 for brands,

No Newbridge, so looks like we will see as low as 24 cars in certain races
It says on the British GT Brands Hatch preview that Newbridge will be joining from Silverstone which is good news. I’m interested to know what’s happened with 2 Seas Motorsport.
Old 15 May 2021, 17:25 (Ref:4051814)   #70
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Went to DTM didnt they?

Apparently that was in doubt because they switched to Mercedes & then nothing since.
Old 15 May 2021, 17:39 (Ref:4051816)   #71
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Went to DTM didnt they?

Apparently that was in doubt because they switched to Mercedes & then nothing since.

No they had said full season GTWC Europe but that never happened

Same for RJN
Old 22 May 2021, 08:07 (Ref:4052662)   #72
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Hello to any Tenthets among the gang of usual suspects gathered round the photo cutouts at Brands Hatch /waves
Old 22 May 2021, 14:38 (Ref:4052714)   #73
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there tomorrow, mixed bag of weather ahead!
Old 22 May 2021, 20:59 (Ref:4052768)   #74
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was good to be back trackside. Brands Hatch GP circuit looks good no mater what the weather - so much that I walked the whole thing (2.6 miles) during both GT practice sessions.
Old 23 May 2021, 08:20 (Ref:4052813)   #75
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
It was good to be back trackside. Brands Hatch GP circuit looks good no mater what the weather - so much that I walked the whole thing (2.6 miles) during both GT practice sessions.
But you didn’t because of the stupid changes you can’t walk trackside between Sheene and Stirling’s no more :-(