Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Jan 2021, 04:51 (Ref:4031222)   #51
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
6 hours of non-Supercars related racing on FTA on a Tuesday...let’s bag the hell out of it though....
So bagging the hell out of Supercars broadcast is fine though? Just asking for a friend.....

For sure the telecast from Symmons has had multiple problems and the decision to broadcast in SD (budget related I assume - understandable) hurts in comparison to other motorsport programming. I think that we all need to give them a break though. It's a new commentary team and first hit-out for the production team in a while I expect.

The test will be to see whether or not it gets better - if it does, happy days, if not then yeah, the bagging and kicking and criticism might be deserved.

I worked on a live TV event where the broadcast was poor with multiple problems (not as many as this event) and we copped the kicking from hell from 7 over the following week (as we should have). Didn't happen again, we lifted our game on the broadcast side. I expect that is the most likely outcome after this weekend.

I mean, just the trackside audio alone is a big let down - when the commentators are talking about "thunder" but the cars can only just be heard - easy fix if done properly.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 05:16 (Ref:4031223)   #52
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well that Renault won't race again.

Only one race meeting old, too.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 05:44 (Ref:4031225)   #53
benny41
Rookie

benny41 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The racing has been good given the small car counts for some of the classes. The coverage has been pretty poor though, the constant cross promotion and poorly times interviews whilst on track action is happening is frustrating. We also dont need to be told "how great it is" every second sentance. Im smart enough to work out if its good or not.

If i was a casual fan do i see anything absolutely revolutionary in tcr racing ? Its good racing and professional teams with fast cars road relevant cars, but i dont see it grabbing a new generation of fans that arent already into some other type of racing.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 05:47 (Ref:4031226)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post

Will the Peugeot?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Jan 2021, 05:50 (Ref:4031228)   #55
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Will the Peugeot?
From what's been relayed to me from someone at the track, it looks fixable.

GRM have a spare Megane, but not a spare 308.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 05:52 (Ref:4031229)   #56
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Funny I distinctly recall arguing with you about the likelihood of that

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 26 Jan 2021, 05:53 (Ref:4031230)   #57
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
I've tried to look up the results, but they're too hard to find atm.

I don't know if he won in Commodore Cup? I don't think he did, otherwise yesterday's race would be Holdsworth's first win in a national level class.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 05:56 (Ref:4031231)   #58
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Glad it isnt just me that saw that... I thought it might have been a settings issue for me alone, but seems not just me.

Better than a poke in the eye though.
What channel were you watching?

It was fine on 7Mate HD.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 06:05 (Ref:4031234)   #59
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post

I don't know if he won in Commodore Cup? I don't think he did, otherwise yesterday's race would be Holdsworth's first win in a national level class.
https://www.driverdb.com/drivers/lee-holdsworth/
Old 26 Jan 2021, 06:27 (Ref:4031236)   #60
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
https://www.driverdb.com/drivers/lee-holdsworth/
So that's one win. Going by wiki, that win was a reverse grid race in what is now called Super 2.

15 years in supercars (A professional class).

Jesus.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 06:28 (Ref:4031237)   #61
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
So bagging the hell out of Supercars broadcast is fine though? Just asking for a friend.....

For sure the telecast from Symmons has had multiple problems and the decision to broadcast in SD (budget related I assume - understandable) hurts in comparison to other motorsport programming. I think that we all need to give them a break though. It's a new commentary team and first hit-out for the production team in a while I expect.

The test will be to see whether or not it gets better - if it does, happy days, if not then yeah, the bagging and kicking and criticism might be deserved.

I worked on a live TV event where the broadcast was poor with multiple problems (not as many as this event) and we copped the kicking from hell from 7 over the following week (as we should have). Didn't happen again, we lifted our game on the broadcast side. I expect that is the most likely outcome after this weekend.

I mean, just the trackside audio alone is a big let down - when the commentators are talking about "thunder" but the cars can only just be heard - easy fix if done properly.
The quality of production in a Supercars telecast has never really been questioned, as is happening here.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 06:31 (Ref:4031239)   #62
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Solid pair of hands but nothing more than a journeyman in the previous career. Makes you wonder what a current frontrunner might do in that Alfa.

Might be like Tony Ricciardello

Old 26 Jan 2021, 06:46 (Ref:4031241)   #63
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post

Well, he won a very wet Oran Park race in Supercars - Garry compared him to Jim Richards.

I found today's racing entertaining.

Kramer
Old 26 Jan 2021, 06:51 (Ref:4031242)   #64
Umai Naa
Veteran

Won in a Merc too, but we can always omit details for the sake of an argument.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 06:55 (Ref:4031243)   #65
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Won in a Merc too, but we can always omit details for the sake of an argument.
I think the point being that was International rather than National.

The truth is when the Mustang was the fastest car by a country mile for half a year or so, Lee was holding up the rear.

Old 26 Jan 2021, 10:33 (Ref:4031253)   #66
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post

It was fine on 7Mate HD.
I was watching the all day coverage via the online feed showing on 7PLUS.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 10:41 (Ref:4031254)   #67
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post

It was fine on 7Mate HD.
Watched on 7+ Monday, flickered between poor and passable. On 7mate Tuesday picture was terrible except for ads which were crystal clear.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 19:27 (Ref:4031342)   #68
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
The quality of production in a Supercars telecast has never really been questioned, as is happening here.
Of course it has been - particularly in regard to commentators, as is being done here and more particularly, commentators being "cheerleaders" for the category being broadcast - which was way more blatant and repetitive on this telecast than I've encountered in a very long time.

Let's be honest though, all commentators tend to be cheerleaders for whatever they are hosting - we see it in football, cricket, tennis etc etc as well as of course motorsport. Supercar commentary regularly cops a pounding for it but in reality is similar to many other sports and way short of the volume of cheerleading and hyperbole exhibited from Symmons plains.
Old 27 Jan 2021, 00:49 (Ref:4031391)   #69
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah Berreta and the chick with her eyes mostly closed rabbiting on about how great everything is felt very disingenuous.
How many times we were told about the lap record being beaten - no lap time mentioned though.
When Beretta says the car looks fantastic, I get the feeling it could be a Lada Samara covered in birdpoo and he'd still be projecting the same enthusiasm.
Old 27 Jan 2021, 00:54 (Ref:4031392)   #70
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Of course it has been - particularly in regard to commentators, as is being done here and more particularly, commentators being "cheerleaders" for the category being broadcast - which was way more blatant and repetitive on this telecast than I've encountered in a very long time.

Let's be honest though, all commentators tend to be cheerleaders for whatever they are hosting - we see it in football, cricket, tennis etc etc as well as of course motorsport. Supercar commentary regularly cops a pounding for it but in reality is similar to many other sports and way short of the volume of cheerleading and hyperbole exhibited from Symmons plains.
Nothing wrong with bagging the commentators in the case of Symmons either, infact I agree wholeheartedly!

My comment was about people going on about how bad it was that it was on SD and so on, at least it was six hours of live racing of a non-Supercars race meeting on FTA. Baby steps...
Old 27 Jan 2021, 01:44 (Ref:4031395)   #71
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TCR should try getting rid of commentators that are loved by fans then bringing them back within a few weeks. That's how the pros do it...
Old 27 Jan 2021, 02:12 (Ref:4031396)   #72
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
My comment was about people going on about how bad it was that it was on SD and so on, at least it was six hours of live racing of a non-Supercars race meeting on FTA. Baby steps...
I joked about it before but I wasn't far off.

6 hours of telecast with 4 hours and 3 minutes of actual content.

Old 27 Jan 2021, 02:14 (Ref:4031397)   #73
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
Watched on 7+ Monday, flickered between poor and passable. On 7mate Tuesday picture was terrible except for ads which were crystal clear.
Are you sure you weren't watching the SD channel by mistake?

I recorded the Sprintcar racing two weeks ago accidentally on the SD channel rather than the HD channel.

If you are talking about the on-board cameras that is a different issue.
Old 27 Jan 2021, 02:16 (Ref:4031398)   #74
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I joked about it before but I wasn't far off.

6 hours of telecast with 4 hours and 3 minutes of actual content.

I counted up to 7 ads in a row on 7+

And if the mob at SuperCheap reckon their "woe is me" campaign after being outbid for Bathurst rights is working.... just... WOW!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Jan 2021, 02:18 (Ref:4031400)   #75
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I counted up to 7 ads in a row on 7+

And if the mob at SuperCheap reckon their "woe is me" campaign after being outbid for Bathurst rights is working.... just... WOW!!
Yeah I can't believe people challenged me on the comment about spite....