Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Jun 2001, 10:45 (Ref:105070)   #1
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lowndes (again)

I thought I'd share my lasting impression of the GMC 400. We all saw Craig Lowndes as usual drive the wheels off it.

Nothing new there, Holden or Ford he did the same didn't he?

But when his fuel pump went south, and, he was not happy. I caught him say over the radio while stationary:

"If I could get it to fire I'd still be racing" or some such.

A couple of minutes later, he is out of the car and seen smiling while talking to a couple of people in expensive red HRT jackets. They were loving it by the look on their faces.

So I though to myself this guy really is something special. Good to see.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 11:04 (Ref:105079)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed....imagine the radio conversation if a certain Holden (R) Team was involved...

Thats a paint though...bumming out in the two big double points races in this half of the season, pretty much screws your championship right up
Old 14 Jun 2001, 11:17 (Ref:105083)   #3
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, Lowndesey is a wonderful fellow. It is no wonder that he is the most supported driver around, no matter what he drives. If he drove a Daewoo, he'd still have a heap of fans. He's a great guy and a genius behind the wheel. A toast to Craig!