Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Apr 2009, 18:29 (Ref:2449404)   #1
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Porsche Supercup 2009

I get the feeling that the Porsche Supercup is the black sheep of the sportscar scene, more followed by all round motorsport fans (like myself) then hardcore sportcar fans. Still, I think it's an interesting series that has acted as a stepping stone for people moving into proper sportscar racing.

Anyway, the first race of the 2009 season happened today, after a couple of years of 30 car grids (including a couple of races with 30+ entries and some guys not qualifying) I was surprised to tune in today and see just 14 cars on the grid and only 10 classified finishers! Obviously we are going through a major recession, but does anybody have any info regarding any more entries that could turn up when the series returns to Europe? I hope we'll, at least, see 20 cars on the grid for Barcelona, it's not looking promising though...

Any other Porsche Supercup discussion is also welcome here.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 18:46 (Ref:2449414)   #2
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard briefly during the broadcast that a Porsche Junior team would take part but the commentator wasn't sure in which events.

I guess the economy hit them hard this season. Nice to see Konrad still doing something.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 18:19 (Ref:2450083)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Very poor grid.
What budget is needed to run a season in Supercup?

Jeroen Bleekemolen and Patrick 'Mr Supercup' Huisman.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 17:45 (Ref:2450882)   #4
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two victories for Jeroen
Old 27 Apr 2009, 23:12 (Ref:2451140)   #5
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The races are really short, only 25 minutes.

Maybe the quantity is low this year, but quality is still great:
Bleekemolen, Westbrook, Rast, Huisman, Faulkner could all be / are frontrunners in any other GT series.
For the european races, it's possible that Sean Edwards drives a fourth Konrad Porsche.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 20:19 (Ref:2451807)   #6
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
I heard briefly during the broadcast that a Porsche Junior team would take part but the commentator wasn't sure in which events.
UPS have pulled the plug on the Junior team so they will not be returning instead Holzer and Ragginger are running in the FIA GT.
Old 21 May 2009, 22:00 (Ref:2466772)   #7
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
23 entries this weekend for the Monaco round, additional entries made up of:
  • Alessandro Zampedri running in a 4th Konrad car (under the 'Konrad Motorsport Austria' banner).
  • Italian Championship drivers Christian Passuti & Raffaele Giannoni with Ab Motorsport and Gabriele Gardel & Andrea Belicchi with Centro Porsche Padova.
  • And racing under the 'Porsche Cars Great Britain' banner (which I believe is actually Team Parker Racing from the Britsh Carrera Cup) are Michael Leonard, Glynn Geddie, Robert Hissom and long time racer Ian Khan.
Nice to see a proper grid back in the Supercup, sadly though once it's left the glitz and glamour of Monaco, the entry list will most definitely go back to 14 cars for Turkey...