Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Jul 2005, 10:23 (Ref:1345858)   #1
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome Back Uncle Tom

Is it my imagination or does the resurgance of the red and white cars coincide with the arrival of uncle tom back in the camp. Although a blue supporter the unexpected form reversal for these 4 cars is outstanding.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1345867)   #2
Alco
Rookie

Alco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Funny how the Super Cheap cars are going backwards now they are not part of the 'new' arrangements with Uncle Tom. I know this Isn't a 4 car team but it's as close as you can get to it within the rules.

Alco
Old 3 Jul 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1345868)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am curious on a few fronts about Happy Tom...

Mr Borrett has never been one to be in the public eye, whispers in some circles have said that he ges out of his way to avoid being seen in public, or indeed on the teev....

But Happy Tom was on the screen a few times over the weekend, looking like the cat who swallowed the cream....

If whatever it is that was put in place actually works, and the 2 factory engineered Holden teams are consistently competitive again, then this is a good thing for the sport.

I am curious about more than a few comments made over the #10 broadcast about Mr Bandicoot....

It was written in the press this week that the youngster has been sent (along with Mr Tander) to one of Mr Rouelle's Optimum G/MoTeC engineering applications seminars....

.. and then on #10 it was said that Happy Tom told Mr Bandicoot that the solution to the driving was in the data, somewhere... he just had to unlock it...

... while it was also said that the 2 HSVDT cars had their laps overlaid, and the younger of the pair was invited to change his driving style, to get a better handle on the car and circuit.....

Is this not a trifle odd? Has the Symbol system generated a couple of drivers with no real understanding of what their cars are up to? While the name over the door of one particular outfit is said to have the same issue as well.....

Perhaps the extraction of talent from the red side to the blue side has hurt more than anyone is letting on?

Anyway... if you buy the story in AA with Foges about the reasons for TWR group falling in the toilet, I have a couple of bridges in my backyard I would like to get you a quote on....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Jul 2005, 10:59 (Ref:1345869)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alco
Funny how the Super Cheap cars are going backwards now they are not part of the 'new' arrangements with Uncle Tom. I know this Isn't a 4 car team but it's as close as you can get to it within the rules.

Alco
Imagine what having a solid teammate like Steven Richards would do for Murf's outlook on life
Old 3 Jul 2005, 11:10 (Ref:1345873)   #5
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The Walkinshaw pedigree in engineering winners is class - unfortunately many are incapable of isolating this from the many other issues that surround the man.
Interesting suggestion that the damning claims of a judge were dismissed on appeal - no spin doctor has ever put this about.

Onya Tom !!
Old 3 Jul 2005, 11:19 (Ref:1345879)   #6
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Imagine what having a solid teammate like Steven Richards would do for Murf's outlook on life
That'd be a throwback to the old Wynns racing days. I'm pretty sure those two get on rather well and they'd make one hell of a strong team... even more so at bathurst...
Old 3 Jul 2005, 12:15 (Ref:1345903)   #7
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was wondering how long until Murph was driving for his dad - Any chance of Murph and Richo @ Tasman?
Old 3 Jul 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1345922)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos
That'd be a throwback to the old Wynns racing days. I'm pretty sure those two get on rather well and they'd make one hell of a strong team... even more so at bathurst...
With any luck, it might just become an reality
Old 3 Jul 2005, 13:04 (Ref:1345934)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
I was wondering how long until Murph was driving for his dad - Any chance of Murph and Richo @ Tasman?
Both are stuck with contracts they arent easily able to extract themselves from.... I was thinking more like the Perkins-PWR relationship becomes more formal that otherwise known....
Old 4 Jul 2005, 07:53 (Ref:1346578)   #10
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Also a Believer
Is it my imagination or does the resurgance of the red and white cars coincide with the arrival of uncle tom back in the camp. Although a blue supporter the unexpected form reversal for these 4 cars is outstanding.

To be perfectly honest HRT could only get better, the could not have done much worse. Im not to sure if it coincides with TW or not, but we all know they would be back up the pointy end more sooner than later.