Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Oct 2009, 19:41 (Ref:2560085)   #1
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
v8bet.con ??

Just back from the Mountain and have to make mention of the joke that is v8bet.com.

For years there has been a TAB tent in Harris Park and there was always a steady stream of punters placing their bets on their favourite drivers. All you had to do was walk up to one of the counters, colour in a few boxes that corresponded with your bet (eg ten bucks on Frosty in the shootout) and take your money to the window. EASY! There were even gorgeous blondes with long legs to help you fill in the cards that you knew how to fill in anyway...

Well the blondes are still there but now you have to
1 get onto a computer screen and fill in all your personal details (and I mean ALL) phone numbers, emails, address, the works, to get an account
2 take your credit card to another screen and load in the details, including loading your account with some credit on your card.
3 go to ANOTHER computer and log in to place your bets.

Understandably, there seemed to be very few takers. I started the process and perhaps the Bundy was stopping me from typing properly but I gave up.

I would however, like to go to the trouble of placing one bet.

Ten bucks says the TAB's on track turnover last year was miles more than v8bet's......
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 13 Oct 2009, 08:18 (Ref:2560413)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I said as much on the other gambling thread....

The last thing I would want would be to join a gambling website, I get enough spam as it is from them, let alone actually inviting more into my inbox!

I went to the TAB on the Thursday before the race, thought better of it as I presumed there would be the same tent near the overbridge as has been there the last zillion years... and it wasnt

There's $20 of revenue lost to them....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Oct 2009, 09:53 (Ref:2560459)   #3
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The last thing I would want would be to join a gambling website, I get enough spam as it is from them, let alone actually inviting more into my inbox!
You don't have a spam email?

I never give my real email out haha. The only spam i get is morons who click viruses and i get 'a great deal from my good friend.....'
Old 13 Oct 2009, 11:54 (Ref:2560510)   #4
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I went to the TAB on the Thursday before the race, thought better of it as I presumed there would be the same tent near the overbridge as has been there the last zillion years... and it wasnt

There's $20 of revenue lost to them....
Yep, My $20 stayed in my pocket as well. Lucky for me after this years results

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either