Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Jun 2009, 10:15 (Ref:2493136)   #1
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murph and Skaife

To race at the mountain in the same car... Don't let skaife start.
Old 29 Jun 2009, 10:50 (Ref:2493163)   #2
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So the CH7 coverage is going to be all Skaifey and Potato Head, Might be the first year I wont watch Bathurst. 10 hours of Murphy whinging NO thanks.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 29 Jun 2009, 10:57 (Ref:2493168)   #3
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
cool, the best holden chance taken out of the equation
Old 29 Jun 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2493204)   #4
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good combo plenty of exposure for the team, i'm sure MS will rise.
Old 29 Jun 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2493571)   #5
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, dont forget Mr Grech, hes always good for a comment. Thank god Im going again this year and wont have to watch the tele!
Old 29 Jun 2009, 21:48 (Ref:2493574)   #6
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's probably a combo that should have happened a long, long time ago. I hope Skaife still has his polish but we won't know until he dons the helmet in anger.
Old 29 Jun 2009, 23:58 (Ref:2493620)   #7
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think a great pairing that will be hard to top, but is this actually confirmed??
Old 30 Jun 2009, 02:46 (Ref:2493649)   #8
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone can top the T8 car, its that pairing. (although for the record, i'm sure its an extremely late april fools joke)
Old 30 Jun 2009, 03:19 (Ref:2493653)   #9
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Hey, dont forget Mr Grech, hes always good for a comment. Thank god Im going again this year and wont have to watch the tele!
i'll be there too so i'll just enjoy the racing with no Matty White and no whinging.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 03:59 (Ref:2493659)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
If anyone can top the T8 car, its that pairing. (although for the record, i'm sure its an extremely late april fools joke)
So when will the press anoint this pairing as the favourites for Bathurst? 9 Bathurst wins between them... blah blah blah...

It will get a camera in the car, and Sprint Gas on the teev... I have a sneaking suspicion it wont make the car untouchable..

I am surprised that Mr Skaife has wangled the drive, with his Mobil contract and Tasman's Fuchs one...

What chance is there that the 3rd Tasman car will be in Sprint Gas, and the #51 car will be a special Skaife-friendly sponsorship rollcall and livery?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Jun 2009, 04:21 (Ref:2493662)   #11
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://fr.motorstv.com/auto/tourisme...st-avec-murphy

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/B...st-avec-murphy
Quote:
Incredible new: not only mark Skaife, quintuple champion of the Australian, V8 will make his return the competition at the occasion of the season endurance in September and October next (with Phillip Island 500 and Bathurst 1000) but it will be associated with Greg Murphy, another legend of the discipline!

Party retirement at the end of last season as driver individual, Skaife had since signed a contract consultant for the 7, TV string retransmits the V8 in Australia. The contract was however concerned only with so-called sleeve Sprint, namely all races except the two "endurance" Phillip Island and Bathurst - what to arrange any return to these two major events...

It is now made. The official confirmation should intervene in the coming days, but safe source is learned that Skaife will be to the departure of these two races... Greg Murphy company!

This will be the first time that the Australian and the New Zealanders will team set to Bathurst 1000km (webcast live Motors TV on Saturday 11 October next!). They will be the Holden Commodore VE n ° 51 driving usually driven by Murphy in regular Championship. AT them two, Skaife and Murphy won Bathurst 9 times!
why dose the 24 hour race not count ?
Old 30 Jun 2009, 04:25 (Ref:2493663)   #12
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Goodry i speak engrish yes?
Old 30 Jun 2009, 08:09 (Ref:2493735)   #13
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Murph and Skaife were with HRT in Brocky's final year and both together have 9 victories (as we all know the same total as Brocky) could this be an omen to end the domination of Brocky's prodigy (Lowndes?????
Old 30 Jun 2009, 09:49 (Ref:2493809)   #14
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
10 hours of Murphy whinging NO thanks.
that's nothing compared to 10 years of you whinging about Murphy !
Old 30 Jun 2009, 09:58 (Ref:2493816)   #15
Ricky Bobby
Racer

Australia
Ricky Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
http://fr.motorstv.com/auto/tourisme...st-avec-murphy

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/B...st-avec-murphy
Incredible new: not only mark Skaife, quintuple champion of the Australian, V8 will make his return the competition at the occasion of the season endurance in September and October next (with Phillip Island 500 and Bathurst 1000) but it will be associated with Greg Murphy, another legend of the discipline!

Party retirement at the end of last season as driver individual, Skaife had since signed a contract consultant for the 7, TV string retransmits the V8 in Australia. The contract was however concerned only with so-called sleeve Sprint, namely all races except the two "endurance" Phillip Island and Bathurst - what to arrange any return to these two major events...

It is now made. The official confirmation should intervene in the coming days, but safe source is learned that Skaife will be to the departure of these two races... Greg Murphy company!

This will be the first time that the Australian and the New Zealanders will team set to Bathurst 1000km (webcast live Motors TV on Saturday 11 October next!). They will be the Holden Commodore VE n ° 51 driving usually driven by Murphy in regular Championship. AT them two, Skaife and Murphy won Bathurst 9 times!

Geez...Did opinion8head write that.
If not, maybe he could translate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
Goodry i speak engrish yes?
Old 30 Jun 2009, 11:56 (Ref:2493862)   #16
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Fantastic Two hasbeens in a shyte car struggling midfield. Not going to miss this one. Hope their using a HRT clutch
Old 30 Jun 2009, 12:04 (Ref:2493867)   #17
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime View Post
Fantastic Two hasbeens in a shyte car struggling midfield. Not going to miss this one. Hope their using a HRT clutch
I wont miss it either - I'd better get on the bandwagon and go buy a Sprint Gas shirt.... oh and I've always used Fuchs oils in my cars..... well, I do now anyway !!!
Old 30 Jun 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2493874)   #18
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm sure the cars will be Fuchs as well. Then again, when no other team wants you I suppose Mark had no options.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 12:15 (Ref:2493875)   #19
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone remember this from 2003:

Quote:
Murphy set the pace with an absolutely cracking lap in 2min 8.32sec, with defending Bathurst champion Mark Skaife only third quickest and more than a second behind.
Skaife said he could have gone quicker if he had used brand-new Dunlop tyres, like Murphy – a swipe which set off the spat.

"I love the fact that Skaifey's riled. Did you hear him?," Murphy said. "He's riled. I love it. He hates it when I'm faster."

Skaife hit back as quickly as he does when he's chasing pole position.

"What sort of ****er would say that? Did he really say that?," Skaife said.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 13:28 (Ref:2493911)   #20
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda
Anyone remember this from 2003:

Quote:
Murphy set the pace with an absolutely cracking lap in 2min 8.32sec, with defending Bathurst champion Mark Skaife only third quickest and more than a second behind.
Skaife said he could have gone quicker if he had used brand-new Dunlop tyres, like Murphy – a swipe which set off the spat.

"I love the fact that Skaifey's riled. Did you hear him?," Murphy said. "He's riled. I love it. He hates it when I'm faster."

Skaife hit back as quickly as he does when he's chasing pole position.

"What sort of ****er would say that? Did he really say that?," Skaife said.
just trying to hide their man love.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 22:57 (Ref:2494183)   #21
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
same reason, with all due respect to the competitors, that the formula fords, hq's, porsches, FV8's etc etc don't count.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 10:25 (Ref:2494389)   #22
TS-Fitty
Rookie

TS-Fitty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
i'll be there too so i'll just enjoy the racing with no Matty White and no whinging.
I'm going again too. I don't care if it's pi55ing down rain, red hot or even if a Ford wins..........as long as I don't have to put up with Matt White. Imagine him and Leigh Diffey doing a gig together, you'd have to go and get stung by a Box Jelly fish just to take the edge off the pain.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 13:13 (Ref:2494482)   #23
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS-Fitty View Post
I'm going again too. I don't care if it's pi55ing down rain, red hot or even if a Ford wins..........as long as I don't have to put up with Matt White. Imagine him and Leigh Diffey doing a gig together, you'd have to go and get stung by a Box Jelly fish just to take the edge off the pain.
i hope a Ford don't Holden won seven Bathursts straight i go and the Fords have won every Bathurst since, i havn't witnessed one Holden win live so it better be this year.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 15:03 (Ref:2494525)   #24
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i hope a Ford don't Holden won seven Bathursts straight i go and the Fords have won every Bathurst since, i havn't witnessed one Holden win live so it better be this year.
Do you not see what your doing? By going, they wont win......
Old 1 Jul 2009, 19:47 (Ref:2494680)   #25
TS-Fitty
Rookie

TS-Fitty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Don't worry Pro Racer, this is your year. I have witnessed many a Holden win at Bathurst but always want more. As bad as a Ford win is, as you drag your sorry R's out of the track you just think of the alternative. You could have been home watching Channel 7 and listening to Matt White. Think of the poor buggers that have stayed home, suffered a loss and had to put up with his childish dribble.