Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Oct 2009, 03:25 (Ref:2557963)   #26
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Race red flagged!!! Any one no why?
Old 10 Oct 2009, 03:37 (Ref:2557967)   #27
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Race red flagged!!! Any one no why?
Wet - all stop and change tyres
Old 10 Oct 2009, 08:14 (Ref:2558044)   #28
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
stunning drive from moffat. more impressive than reynolds in the same series IMO, is there a promotion on the cards somewhere?
Old 10 Oct 2009, 09:56 (Ref:2558088)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
stunning drive from moffat. more impressive than reynolds in the same series IMO, is there a promotion on the cards somewhere?
I would say Mr Moffat would benefit from a second season in the development series, to bring the experience of the car and the circuits to the forefront of competitiveness, and perhaps win the series

The qualifying effort was mega, the first race not so great, the second great

A little more polish and he will be a megastar
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Oct 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2558385)   #30
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Moff Jnr is exciting, but he still needs to learn to control his exuberance.
Once he does that, he will be a shoe in for a main game drive.
Old 11 Oct 2009, 23:27 (Ref:2559305)   #31
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moff's got huge talent...that drift on the exit of the elbow in the wet was heart in mouth stuff. Very exciting to watch, given a chance he would be great in the main game and his personality would win plenty of fans. Discipline only comes with experience.

But Webb showed true class. Great drive...
Old 12 Oct 2009, 03:17 (Ref:2559414)   #32
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations View Post
Moff's got huge talent...that drift on the exit of the elbow in the wet was heart in mouth stuff. Very exciting to watch, given a chance he would be great in the main game and his personality would win plenty of fans. Discipline only comes with experience.

But Webb showed true class. Great drive...
I liked both Moffat and Webbs efforts. I thought Jonothon showed real maturity in his driving-- as you said--great drive.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 04:38 (Ref:2559446)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Eggleston's new ex-Rick Kelly VE might be interesting to watch... I wonder if the Team Dynamik group are helping with preparation & setup

Is it odd that this chassis runs AP brakes, when the mandated product of choice is an Alcon?

Old 12 Oct 2009, 07:56 (Ref:2559534)   #34
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Is it odd that this chassis runs AP brakes, when the mandated product of choice is an Alcon?

According to our local TV news Eggleston is the only self supported team in the Fujitsu series, and after Bathurst he is a fine 15th in the championship.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 12 Oct 2009, 09:15 (Ref:2559564)   #35
TheDarkShadow
Rookie

TheDarkShadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alcon is not mandated in the Fujitsu Series... perhaps since they had a choice they chose to put a good brake package on the car!
Old 12 Oct 2009, 21:10 (Ref:2560153)   #36
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
According to our local TV news Eggleston is the only self supported team in the Fujitsu series, and after Bathurst he is a fine 15th in the championship.
Think you will find that Taz Douglas is also self supported as well & sits 10th in the series after Bathurst.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 01:21 (Ref:2560277)   #37
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think most Fujitsu drivers are probably self supported, with sponsorship only partly covering the costs.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 00:15 (Ref:2560891)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Looks pretty....
Old 14 Oct 2009, 00:22 (Ref:2560894)   #39
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Armageddon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Looks pretty....
Only difference is the colours, design is still the same as last year.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 05:27 (Ref:2562482)   #40
bench_racer
Rookie

bench_racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But this is the problem with moffat, webb and Dave Russell, how do u know if its the driver or the car. Its easy to win if youve got the best gear as do those 3 guys, more i would say moffat out of any of them. Im not trying to take anything away from them, but how do we know if they are good or not, that moment that moffat had at was shut your eyes and hope like christ that it come back, and in his case it did. This is one of the problems with the fujitsu and wonder why the category is falling at its knees.
Its jsut easy to look good if youve got the best car that you can buy..... Have a think
Old 17 Oct 2009, 09:46 (Ref:2563153)   #41
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What would be more concerning was if these guys WERE NOT performing in the state of the art cars they are running. If I recall correctly, there was another 2008 888 BF at Sonic that was not at the pointy end...so you still need that driving talent to extract the best. One could argue that Russell and Webb have done outstandingly well considering their chassis were not on the pace in the 2008 main series (Russell's is a couple of seasons out of the main game, and Webb's did nothing in 2008 when SBR floundered).

Do the Howard Racing setups lose a little in the wet? I've seen both Russell and Riendler struggle in the wet in that car, compared to its dry performance.

Still its a good series, smashed by the economy. The only forward looking weak point is the dominance of the 888 and HRT dna (there must be a heap of WP VE's ready to ship into the dev series), and the associated high prices of replacement custom components (you cannot interchange with off the shelf suspensions). Not that the main game teams would want to hear this, but this series could benefit significantly from a complete control car (chassis, components, and spec engine) and elimination of high priced aero. If these cars ran production SS and XR8 aero, albeit with more robust mounting with built in flex, you'd be surprised at the cost savings and reduced breakages available.

Woops, gone a little off topic.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 06:12 (Ref:2563515)   #42
bench_racer
Rookie

I agree to a apoint, but it doesnt take a good driver to win in a good car, take andrew tompson, had the best of the best, and when he went to main game had nothing. Its all about the money you have and the aliances you have with teams. cars may be a few seasons old, but they can get upgrades.....
Old 18 Oct 2009, 07:23 (Ref:2563528)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bench_racer View Post
I agree to a apoint, but it doesnt take a good driver to win in a good car, take andrew tompson, had the best of the best, and when he went to main game had nothing. Its all about the money you have and the aliances you have with teams. cars may be a few seasons old, but they can get upgrades.....
FPR must see something in Mr Thompson, allegedly showing up in #55 in 2010...
Old 18 Oct 2009, 08:29 (Ref:2563547)   #44
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can also have the newest and current spec equipment and still be a couple of seconds off the pace and no matter how much money you have or a revolving door of engine builders and engineers you will still not be at the front of the field.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 18 Oct 2009, 08:38 (Ref:2563552)   #45
bench_racer
Rookie

yer and i would like to see how much hes gonna pay them 2 after he paid over a million buxs to be in the main game last time...
Old 18 Oct 2009, 08:41 (Ref:2563554)   #46
bench_racer
Rookie

I see guys doing great in cars that shouldnt be up so far like that blue holden i think it was last year, i cant remember the name, but from what ive heard and from on the tv the car sound like it was a dinoso. what happens for the????
Old 18 Oct 2009, 11:48 (Ref:2563611)   #47
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WTF?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 19 Oct 2009, 03:17 (Ref:2564229)   #48
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bench_racer View Post
Not a huge fan of Andrew, but to be fair, he wasn't playing on equal terms in the main game. PWR were going through the motions of exiting the category, and hence the investment and motivation by the team couldn't match the top half of the field. The main game takes absolutely no prisioners. Andrew could expect to be an easy mid-pack runner with the right gear and the right direction.