Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Dec 2012, 23:11 (Ref:3181757)   #1
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aussies going to the V8 Supertourer opener, cheap flight.

Thought I'd share my recent purchase, in case someone else was interested.

Jetstar is running a promo, $206 round trip from Melbourne to Auckland, I booked my trip for the V8 Supertourer weekend at Hampton Downs.

cheers,
--Russ

PS. you gotta fly with a carryon and pay by POLi, but its still cheap... I remember paying $189 earlier this year one way MEL-AKL thinking it was a good deal.
Old 6 Jan 2013, 08:41 (Ref:3185403)   #2
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer View Post

Jetstar is running a promo, $206 round trip from Melbourne to Auckland, I booked my trip for the V8 Supertourer weekend at Hampton Downs.

cheers,
--Russ

PS. you gotta fly with a carryon and pay by POLi, but its still cheap... I remember paying $189 earlier this year one way MEL-AKL thinking it was a good deal.
Great to see you are so keen to cross the Tasman for the first race, should be worth the visit, and that is a pretty good fare.

Just looking at Flights in Fact for the Grand Prix in March, not looking to bad either. For 2011 I got return AKL/MEL/AKL for myself and son for just under $500.00 kiwi, I thought that was alright
Old 7 Jan 2013, 03:27 (Ref:3185767)   #3
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah thats not bad at all nistfan, especially when we paid 3.5k for two of us to fly to Singapore and back for the Singtel GP!! and the accomodation costs where through the roof over the GP weekend. Ended up costing 7k for two of us for 7 days.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 07:20 (Ref:3185834)   #4
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
yeah thats not bad at all nistfan, especially when we paid 3.5k for two of us to fly to Singapore and back for the Singtel GP!! and the accomodation costs where through the roof over the GP weekend. Ended up costing 7k for two of us for 7 days.
Yeah I think it cost around $1600 in the end for everything ( Stayed with Friends, so that was a big cost saving) so I was pretty happy. I only got a General Admission Ticket but I find the viewing no problem at Albert Park anyway. Even got into the Pitlane during the 5000 event (Thanks to a Kiwi 5000 Driver).

Singapore looks like a great event, a must at some point for me. If It was costing me $7000 I would prefer a European Race then, but its a long way for say a week.

Spa, Monza or Silverstone and of course Monaco and if they bring back Paul Ricard ( On The cards) and only Monaco would you need a Grand Stand Ticket.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3186080)   #5
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
you guys are too posh

I think it cost me under $1,000 NZD to go to the Malaysian GP from Auckland (via Singapore) accommodation included.

For Singapore GP you got to book early in advance. I got lucky since I managed to stay with friends for the past two years.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3186203)   #6
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
you guys are too posh

I think it cost me under $1,000 NZD to go to the Malaysian GP from Auckland (via Singapore) accommodation included.

For Singapore GP you got to book early in advance. I got lucky since I managed to stay with friends for the past two years.
That was the weird thing....we booked up 3 months in advance and we still got ripped!

Our next GP will be Albert Park, and then maybe in the future the canadian or belgian GP
Old 7 Jan 2013, 22:54 (Ref:3186210)   #7
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
That was the weird thing....we booked up 3 months in advance and we still got ripped!

Our next GP will be Albert Park, and then maybe in the future the canadian or belgian GP
Would love to Visit GP in Montreal, always a good race.

Spa is a Fav, you can walk most of the Track, great setting of course but take a Rain jacket as per Most GPs there. It rained both times for me (87/89) but thats all part of it.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 23:58 (Ref:3186229)   #8
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
I just got accepted for the AGP, but this time would like to stay closer to Albert Park... it was hard to get to the track early morning before public transport started running.

Canadian GP was a blast last year. The first F1 GP that I drove to from home and likewise it was very useful having a car to go about Montreal. Rain was no fun at either Melbourne or Montreal :/
Old 8 Jan 2013, 01:03 (Ref:3186241)   #9
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I just got accepted for the AGP, but this time would like to stay closer to Albert Park... it was hard to get to the track early morning before public transport started running.

Canadian GP was a blast last year. The first F1 GP that I drove to from home and likewise it was very useful having a car to go about Montreal. Rain was no fun at either Melbourne or Montreal :/
Can i just point out that the Melbourne GP is an afternoon event. the track often doesnt open to 10am or latter. (not sure when you were last there, so this might be a change)

That being said, lots of lovely hotels in Melbourne or St Kilda at a price
Old 8 Jan 2013, 01:46 (Ref:3186247)   #10
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Can i just point out that the Melbourne GP is an afternoon event. the track often doesnt open to 10am or latter. (not sure when you were last there, so this might be a change)

That being said, lots of lovely hotels in Melbourne or St Kilda at a price
The Late start each day was a bit of a pain as we didnt get home until quite late each day, but we did have a meal in ST Kilda one night so that doesn't count.
But in saying that you of course didnt need to head off so early each day and could muck around in Melbourne CBD on the way. My son loved the shops selling Team gear etc.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 02:42 (Ref:3186261)   #11
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
I was volunteering, so our report times were pretty early.

I also wanted to be trackside for the Minardi two seater, but every time I tried I couldn't make it in time. This time around I'll try to stay closer so I can walk to the track anytime.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 02:46 (Ref:3186262)   #12
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

I also wanted to be trackside for the Minardi two seater, but every time I tried I couldn't make it in time. This time around I'll try to stay closer so I can walk to the track anytime.
I would think then you will find that the starting times have been pushed out by about 3 hours due to the change in starting time for the GP.

The closer you stay the more you pay.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 03:04 (Ref:3186264)   #13
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
The closer you stay the more you pay.
Aint that the truth
Old 8 Jan 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3186320)   #14
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

TBF someone on here might be able those marshall uniform questions you have.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 10:04 (Ref:3186345)   #15
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs fly View Post
TBF someone on here might be able those marshall uniform questions you have.
another marshal answered on facebook that most events provide the official overalls, so I'm travelling light
Old 8 Jan 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3186583)   #16
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
another marshal answered on facebook that most events provide the official overalls, so I'm travelling light
GOOD trust me like i said on other thread VIC weather can change quickly.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 05:48 (Ref:3186705)   #17
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

cheers,
--Russ

Keep me in the loop as I can plug you all into a minibus and hotel deal if you need it.