Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Jan 2013, 02:29 (Ref:3187522)   #26
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only thing you are going to take away from a chinese round is sweet and sour memories.

ReykjavĂ*k, on the other hand...
Old 17 Jan 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3190563)   #27
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Run Singapore a week before or after the GP.
Old 17 Jan 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3190641)   #28
jj2448jg
Rookie

United Kingdom
Nuneaton
jj2448jg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not surprised as the venture there this year was particularly dull. In terms of replacing the event, another NZ event would be great alongside Hamilton.

China though sounds like a potential option, as the WTCC event at Shanghai proved to be good. I only watched one Le Mans Series Race at Zhuhai, therefore cannot give really a judgement on the track being worthy to stage a V8 Race.

Canberra 400 could always come back, we can dream!
Old 17 Jan 2013, 19:29 (Ref:3190686)   #29
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2448jg View Post
Not surprised as the venture there this year was particularly dull. In terms of replacing the event, another NZ event would be great alongside Hamilton.

China though sounds like a potential option, as the WTCC event at Shanghai proved to be good. I only watched one Le Mans Series Race at Zhuhai, therefore cannot give really a judgement on the track being worthy to stage a V8 Race.

Canberra 400 could always come back, we can dream!
they've already run Shanghai.
Old 17 Jan 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3190789)   #30
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd be happy to see Canberra make a return.

Perhaps not in the middle of winer, though!
Old 18 Jan 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3191002)   #31
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK so no Abu Dhabi event but what about the rumoured $1m appearance money they were due to get....
Old 18 Jan 2013, 12:32 (Ref:3191067)   #32
dirtymacca
Racer

dirtymacca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
OK so no Abu Dhabi event but what about the rumoured $1m appearance money they were due to get....

Easy..... no show ..... no doe $$$$$
Old 18 Jan 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3191078)   #33
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I guess this might be another factor in the heavily reduced REC payments to teams in 2013
Old 18 Jan 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3191085)   #34
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
I guess this might be another factor in the heavily reduced REC payments to teams in 2013
Thats 18000 per car. think they will manage to offset that somewhere. like the tyre costs.

The real question is how will the sponsors feel about this.i wonder if its an issue.
Old 18 Jan 2013, 13:24 (Ref:3191090)   #35
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Thats 18000 per car. think they will manage to offset that somewhere. like the tyre costs.
Its another one in the red column. Add that to less sponsors, less tv etc etc

The amount they are off setting is building up. And why tyres?

Quote:
The real question is how will the sponsors feel about this.i wonder if its an issue.
I dont think sponsors were too fussed with the race to begin with - actually no one was. However that didnt stop us being told how much this was an important step in the international expansion of the series
Old 18 Jan 2013, 13:32 (Ref:3191096)   #36
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Its another one in the red column. Add that to less sponsors, less tv etc etc

The amount they are off setting is building up. And why tyres?

I dont think sponsors were too fussed with the race to begin with - actually no one was. However that didnt stop us being told how much this was an important step in the international expansion of the series
Is there less sponsors, is there less TV, no evidence of that.

I suggested tyres as thats about their cost for a round. But you can choose the costs they will save. it will be more than 18k.
Old 18 Jan 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3191099)   #37
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Is there less sponsors, is there less TV, no evidence of that.
Have they replaced Telstra?

At the moment - there is less tv and confirmed less FTA money coming in. Hence the reduced REC payments that have been communicated to the teams.

Quote:
I suggested tyres as thats about their cost for a round. But you can choose the costs they will save. it will be more than 18k.
Will they not need as many tyres?
Old 18 Jan 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3191242)   #38
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Have they replaced Telstra?

At the moment - there is less tv and confirmed less FTA money coming in. Hence the reduced REC payments that have been communicated to the teams.

Will they not need as many tyres?
ok, how about we discuss media in the appropriate spot.

They will use less tyres because they are not racing, therefore they wont have to buy them. they will have anumber of reduced costs as a result of not racing at AD. this will exceed the 18 k they stand to lose by not racing at
AD
Old 18 Jan 2013, 22:25 (Ref:3191262)   #39
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
They will use less tyres because they are not racing, therefore they wont have to buy them.
I am working on the theory of them replacing the round - eg with SMP. Therefore still needing to buy tyres

Quote:
they will have a number of reduced costs as a result of not racing at AD. this will exceed the 18 k they stand to lose by not racing at
AD
What other expenses will they save by not racing at Abu Dhabi - as mentioned in previous years due to the deal with the promoter, it was cheaper to race in Abu Dhabi then at Gold Coast or Sandown or Bathurst etc
Old 18 Jan 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3191268)   #40
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I am working on the theory of them replacing the round - eg with SMP. Therefore still needing to buy tyres

What other expenses will they save by not racing at Abu Dhabi - as mentioned in previous years due to the deal with the promoter, it was cheaper to race in Abu Dhabi then at Gold Coast or Sandown or Bathurst etc
the speedcafe article said they are not replacing the round.

They save the costs of running the car,

it was cheaper to race at AD than the other tracks , because abu dhabi picked up food accomodation and travel whereas the team picked these costs at bathurst etc
Old 18 Jan 2013, 23:15 (Ref:3191277)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh oh... maybe...

... will be the replacement for the Abu Dhabi telecast?

Meantime, there is a story out Homebush way, that continuing support of that event by the venue owners may be contingent on Eastern Creek taking on a round in season 2013.

The story goes that if Eastern Creek were to get a round, as opposed to just a test day, then a contract extension may or may not be granted

Which suggests that perhaps, a 300km event may or may not be slotted in at this venue, perhaps between Texas and Darwin, for the bright sparks at the seemingly politically savvy ARDC to run in front of 3 men and a dog again.

Presuming anything is actually happening
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Jan 2013, 01:22 (Ref:3191318)   #42
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Meantime, there is a story out Homebush way, that continuing support of that event by the venue owners may be contingent on Eastern Creek taking on a round in season 2013.
Will be interesting to see if this story develops as following on from last years event, the motivation to keep this event running was non existent from the government and SOPA still heavily against the event as per the last 4 years.
Old 19 Jan 2013, 04:37 (Ref:3191337)   #43
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Which suggests that perhaps, a 300km event may or may not be slotted in at this venue, perhaps between Texas and Darwin, for the bright sparks at the seemingly politically savvy ARDC to run in front of 3 men and a dog again.
If the TV deal really does involve some sort of revenue target or sharing, you'd think they'd be pretty keen to replace Abu Dhabi with another round somewhere during the year!?!?!