Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Feb 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3199329)   #1
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's Official: New V8's Signed Off

V8 Supercars have approved the look of the four marques to take their place on the V8 Supercar grid after six days of intensive aerodynamic testing and evaluation to determine the bodywork and aerodynamic specification of each of the vehicles.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/i...8-s-signed-off

Lets see how close they are on the track now.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 01:22 (Ref:3199366)   #2
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets see how the year unfolds now and how long it takes 888 to leap ahead.

Interesting to see 2 Holden teams represented, this will cause an outcry if 888 do leap ahead - mark my words.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 01:52 (Ref:3199373)   #3
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post

Interesting to see 2 Holden teams represented, this will cause an outcry if 888 do leap ahead - mark my words.

Why, if they all use the same aero package, it is other areas that some cars will be quicker. Driver, suspension and settings etc.

What if say that Jones lot are miles ahead.

It didnot take 888 long to leap ahead, when they were in Fords and the sme when they switched to Holden.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 02:31 (Ref:3199386)   #4
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post

OK I'll bit. What other Ford, Mercedes or Nissan teams are you thinking might have been able to take part?
Old 5 Feb 2013, 07:47 (Ref:3199448)   #5
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holden have more than twice the amount of cars then the others combined. It's only 'fair'.

However, I do get the feeling that Holden would have had egg on their face if -

1. 888 did the work and left their 'Factory' team out of the loop (politically)
2. HRT did all the work, with Ludo from 888 being left out (performance wise)

The only manufacturer in a similar position is Ford - and what does the current DJR bring to the table??
Old 5 Feb 2013, 08:08 (Ref:3199455)   #6
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A mountain of debt?
Old 5 Feb 2013, 09:51 (Ref:3199490)   #7
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
A mountain of debt?
Mt Debt - A lot like Mt Everest, a lot support it - but never get to the top!
Old 5 Feb 2013, 10:01 (Ref:3199496)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... has there been any discussion about the new VF bodywork? Stories from camps that arent red suggest the VF has a new undertray in the front splitter that is significantly longer than the one on the VE Blueprint version..

... while the blue one is said to be fundamentally the same...

Crazy times ahead!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Feb 2013, 11:54 (Ref:3199538)   #9
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had a suspicion that FPR/Ford would not go to the trouble of altering the aero on a car that, on the outside, is essentially the same. Seems to me, that this should've been an opportunity to take advantage of.

Perhaps they feel Mr Lacroix's design is working well enough, even though he's just designed the VF's aero as well...
Old 5 Feb 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3199748)   #10
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Sounds strange on the alleged splitter length difference given that the cars are supposedly delivering near identical downforce & drag (according to the statement from MS).

Could be a bit of pit lane bullsh or maybe the others have matched it in different ways?
Old 5 Feb 2013, 20:34 (Ref:3199772)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Sounds strange on the alleged splitter length difference given that the cars are supposedly delivering near identical downforce & drag (according to the statement from MS).

Could be a bit of pit lane bullsh or maybe the others have matched it in different ways?
All 4 cars are now within a poofteenth of each other in drag and downforce, according to Mr Skaife. That such a change is allegedly happening suggests that perhaps the Ford was the technically superior car, aero-wise in the previous Blueprint incarnation...

Or not
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Feb 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3199778)   #12
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Could be - I'm blowing the dust off an old memory here but I have a feeling that the VE undertray was trimmed as part of it's initial testing.

Maybe with the VF's narrower wheel arches / flares, the aero is changed enough that going back to the original length undertray is justified?

Gotta love it when new car designs are being signed off - heaps of innuendo, rumor & intrigue.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 22:05 (Ref:3199831)   #13
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
All 4 cars are now within a poofteenth of each other in drag and downforce, according to Mr Skaife. That such a change is allegedly happening suggests that perhaps the Ford was the technically superior car, aero-wise in the previous Blueprint incarnation...

Or not
Perhaps, since it was the only one not to have changed, it was used as the benchmark?
Old 5 Feb 2013, 23:31 (Ref:3199903)   #14
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its the same argument as when Blueprint first came along, the basic car will generate different amounts of drag & downforce, hence requiring different amounts of aero to balance them up.

Despite the Ford whiners complaining about Holden gaining an advantage with Blueprint I think its safe to say the 888 FG was the weapon of choice until 888 made a Commodore, and the next fastest car was the FPR FG.

I have bought my first AA in a very long time because of the very horny looking AMG on the cover. Been a Holden man all my life but I reckon Tim Slade's merch might find its way into my wardrobe this year! Best chin since Mark Webber
Old 7 Feb 2013, 22:45 (Ref:3200946)   #15
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Or not
I remember T8 saying the Falcon had better aero over the Commodore after the switch. The one thing I know about the Falcon, is that bonnet buldge makes a difference to the air flow over the windscreen and top of the car. Create's almost a dead pocket of air over the windsreen at the same time.